Ozempic.. 2 stones lost in 7 weeks

Bell1234

Started 7 weeks ago and now lost 2 stones.. Starting weight around 15st 4lbs.. Side effects of the <deleted>s alot though but worth the weight loss. Bought the Ozempic at Fascino. It basically paid for itself because i've saved 9000 baht everymonth on not eating garbage. Cholesterol 1 year ago was 5.59.. Got tested last week it's now 4.24 which is great.

Edited by Bell1234
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

It basically paid for itself because i've saved 9000 baht everymonth on not eating garbage

So the price of it was 9,000 for a month supply  ?? Is that an injection ?

Edited by oxo1947

38 minutes ago, gargamon said:

What's a stone? Some sort of metric measurement? 

It has always baffled me that despite Americans using the Imperial measurement system, they don't know Stones as it is such a handy unit for describing human weight. But it seems to have been introduced from Britain and never reached America.

45 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

It basically paid for itself

All research suggests that you put on almost all of the weight that you have taken off. Usually what happens is that users get bored of having no desire to eat, or dislike the blandness of food when taking it (which is a common side effect). So the key right now is to start to develop habits so that eating is not your main hobby.

Edited by Gaccha
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

It has always baffled me that despite Americans using the Imperial measurement system, they don't know Stones as it is such a handy unit for describing human weight. But it seems to have been introduced from Britain and never reached America.

All research suggests that you put on almost all of the weight that you have taken off. Usually what happens is that users get bored of having no desire to eat, or dislike the blandness of food when taking it (which is a common side effect). So the key right now is to start to develop habits so that eating is not your main hobby.

Stones came into existence as a measurement when the serfs were building Hadrian's wall to keep the Celtic barbarians out.

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What do you mean, easier than kilos?

No. In relation to human weight,  it is better than using Pounds. Just as Feet and Inches is better than simply using Inches for a person's height. And just as we don't use nanoseconds to describe the speed of a car.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

No. In relation to human weight,  it is better than using Pounds. Just as Feet and Inches is better than simply using Inches for a person's height. And just as we don't use nanoseconds to describe the speed of a car.

I see what you mean, but surely 176 tall and 68kg is much easier.

And kph for car speed.

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I'll stay with Kilos thanks, it's the metric measurement system I've used since 1966, I know it well, it works for me and about 95% of the world's population.

Quite possibly true many US Americans don't even know 95% of the worlds population use a different measurement system.

(By the way metric (kilos / liters / meters) is standrad across all of Sth. America.)

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

No it's an Imperial measurement & equates to 14lbs or approx. 6.35 KG  

Only three countries in the world use an Imperial system of measurement:

• Liberia
  • Myanmar
  • United States of America

4 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

So the price of it was 9,000 for a month supply  ?? Is that an injection ?

It was 10500 baht for 0.5mg dose.. 4 doses in one pen. Take one injection weekly so lasts for one month.. I've only bought 2 months worth and the job is done.

Edited by Huayrat
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Lost 10 kilo in 2 months, cut out all sugars started intermittent fasting, no drugs, just will power, exercise. I feel great

That's great. I have done much the same starting 4 months ago and I've only lost about 3 Kg.

I was fasting (IF) but gave it away after watching this video who I can strongly recommend would have several videos of topics which it sounds like you'd be interested in. To save you watching that video, his summation was that all the benefit of IF is derived from calorie restriction by people who didn't otherwise modify their diet. He says that if people match that calorie reduction by diet modification the results are the same. He has a really interesting video on strength training to failure vs failure proximity if you're into that sort of thing. Please don't abuse the messenger (me).

10 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I don't think it's a healthy way to lose weight.

It's not, because the medication also causes kidney damage. Most pharmaceuticals do.

The healthy way to lose weight is to ban sugar, and avoid or minimize processed and high carb foods. No beer.

Doing that, I shed 15 kg in 3 months, and have stayed that way.

I'm guessing unless the OP changes his current food choices, he will stack the weight back on when he stops taking ozempic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

are we supposed to know this person on a first-name basis? never heard of him. 

Watch and learn, the Keto Dr in the video is more well known apparently. I've watched a few Georgi videos, very knowledgeable, he appears in many youtuber videos

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What food and drink did you cut out?

Basically junk food, stuff like colas, crisps, cakes, bottled juices, cereals, and processed meats. Also eat in an 8 hour window only

My last fast was 60 hours, just water. That was my third one I have done, takes some willpower, but it's great for the body, apparently

"When you fast, your body stops using glucose for fuel and starts to metabolize fat. This helps drive blood sugar and insulin levels down, reducing your likelihood of gaining weight and developing diabetes or heart disease. Intermittent fasting also increases the release of human growth hormone, which regulates your metabolism and preserves muscle mass while burning fat"

https://www.sutterhealth.org/health/digestive/fasting-what-you-need-to-know

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

Basically junk food, stuff like colas, crisps, cakes, bottled juices, cereals, and processed meats

Good so not just sugar but junk food which is often a combination of junk carbs and fat, yes easy to lose weight cutting that out.

I only drink high sugar drinks when doing high intensity exercise

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's not, because the medication also causes kidney damage. Most pharmaceuticals do.

The healthy way to lose weight is to ban sugar, and avoid or minimize processed and high carb foods. No beer.

Doing that, I shed 15 kg in 3 months, and have stayed that way.

I'm guessing unless the OP changes his current food choices, he will stack the weight back on when he stops taking ozempic.

I agree.

also, some folks claim berberine is "nature's Ozempic", but I don't know enough about it. 

• Like 1