UK and US advocate development of LGBTQ+ rights in Thailand

snoop1130

9 hours ago, WHansen said:

Lets hope Thailand can find a balance.

The UK and US are in a massive woke mess.

Yes, human rights and equal treatment for all is a great idea.

Hardly "woke", both are recovering from being derailed by cruel right-wing thugs. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The US needs Thailand's help on.these matters.

LGBTQ Americans are now

subject to vicious attacks by right wing demagogues and also white nationalist domestic terrorist groups 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/understanding-the-erotic-code/202303/the-backlash-against-all-things-lgbtq

Today we are seeing a rapidly growing backlash against all things LGBTQ. According to the America Civil Liberties Union, as of March this year, at least 385 anti-LGBTQ laws have been introduced at the state level in most U.S. states. These include everything from banning public drag shows to criminalizing gender-affirming care by medical professionals and even charging parents supportive of their trans kids with child abuse. Many schools are now infected with fear about even mentioning issues of gender identity and sexual orientation. One recent Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) speaker even called for the “elimination” of transgenderism. The audience applauded.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/apr/28/lgbtq-rights-us-dont-say-gay

US news

After years of progress on gay rights, how did the US become so anti-LGBTQ+?

A slew of bills are rolling back recently won freedoms. Is America ready to fight for LGBTQ+ rights all over again?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

What, because they don't agree with the mainstream narrative, but would rather value and maintain traditional family values? Sounds rather peaceful and healthy to me.. 

Maintain what they want but stop demonizing and scapegoating LGBTQ people. If that's necessary to "maintain" something has horribly gone wrong. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I don't personally know any conservatives, including myself, who would want to demonize gay people. We understand that sexual orientation is a personal choice and should be respected. However, I do have major concerns about the way LGBTQ is being introduced pushed on to children at a young age. It seems that the focus is primarily on promoting progressive values while traditional family values are overlooked or not encouraged in our modern era, which I find extremely worrying as traditional family values are incredibly important for the stability and well-being of individuals, families, and society as a whole

Educating children that LGBTQ people exist and there are families other than traditional as you call it is not pushing. It's basic education it's also very helpful to LGBTQ youth to not have schools try to erase their existence and history.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

Spot on.

The legal bonanza that awaits family court lawyers would be hard to exaggerate. Look abroad.

What is the divorce rate among same-sex couples in countries where it is legal?

Give this new dispensation time to ripen and simmer on the hob for a while.

Any American-style laws that govern family matters will lead to the same dysfunction and idiocy that is so obvious in the US and any other countries that have similar domestic laws.

In my 40+ years here I've seen same sex couples accepted socially among the middle and lower income Thais whom I settled among.

This initiative will provoke violence if it is carried too far.

The situation may not be perfect here in Thailand, but it is miles ahead of anything in Farangland.

Marriage equality will provoke violence? Huh?!?