Repainting an old bathtub

LOG54

Good morning

I rent a condo and landlord doesn't make any maintenance/improvement.. The  bathtub is in good shape but the colour is totally ruined..I saw abroad that some paints exist to "refurbish" this type of equipment..Anyone already did that ? Does this type of paint exist in Thailand (brand and type please) and in case, will this paint last (I 99% use the separate shower but would like the bathtub to look better)

Thanks everybody in advance for feedback

Have a nice day

Thanks a lot.. Checking on internet I found this also and few other ones..My concern is to know if it really is OK for sometime..in fact a basic white new bath tub comes to the same price than the paint..the problem is to find a decent reasonably priced plumber to fit it in..

Have a good afternoon 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 1:35 PM, LOG54 said:

Thanks a lot.. Checking on internet I found this also and few other ones..My concern is to know if it really is OK for sometime..in fact a basic white new bath tub comes to the same price than the paint..the problem is to find a decent reasonably priced plumber to fit it in..

Have a good afternoon 

The painted tubs I have seen in the US do not look very good and do not hold up well. If it's fiberglass, spreying it with a coat of epoxy wil work as good as anything. but the prep-work is critical. 

Assuming the tub is fiberglass, the color could come back with a good rub/buff-out. 

HomePro does decent installations at reasonable cost. 

Upgrade to a jacuzzi...

Thank you very much.. I think I will replace the bathtub by similar one.. I will also ask Homepro how much they charge (price might be different as they have to remove the preexisting bathtub)

I won t upgrade as I am only the tenant of the condo and landlord does not want to do anything.. Bathtub is actually I think the one which was put when the condo was built 30 years ago.. Yes it is fiberglass and impossible to clean.. i tried all products and also scrubbing even with metal sponge does not remove the existing dark brown stains..

Have a nice day

• Thumbs Up 1