Motorcycle license

Roxy01

Hello friends I was just wondering what’s the best way to get a Thai motorcycle license In Pattaya is there a easy way? Nudge nudge wink wink ?????

If not what’s the easiest way I have intentional car license but not bike 

any help appreciated thank you ???? in advance 

Where is your Drivers Licence from ? and does it have 'any' motorcycle (i.e. 50cc moped etc) endorsements ???

My UK licence has some 'minor' moped (low powered motorcycle) and trike endorsements... 

With this I was able to get a Thai Motorcycle license as the DLT did not know the exact details of the existing endorsements.

So... It all depends what your DL actual is endorsed for. 

IF it has a little picture of a motorcycle - then the DLT may issue with a Thai Motorcycle licence without having to do the full set of tests. 

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.17.04.png

18 minutes ago, Roxy01 said:

If not what’s the easiest way I have intentional car license but not bike 

If your home country and IDP do not have any motorcycle entry then the legal way would be to do it from scratch (as I did in 2017).

The practical "driving test" is a joke.

The hurdle is the multiple choice theory test.

Much seems to have changed since then so my catalogue and experience is probably worthless.

In Pattaya getting an appointment also seems to require patience.

Can't comment on "shortcuts", you would have to ask agents what is possible or not.

They would likely also help with the official path for a price.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If your home country and IDP do not have any motorcycle entry then the legal way would be to do it from scratch (as I did in 2017).

The practical "driving test" is a joke.

The hurdle is the multiple choice theory test.

In Pattaya getting an appointment also seems to require patience.

Much seems to have changed since then.

Can't comment on "shortcuts", you would have to ask agents what is possible or not.

They would likely also help with the official path for a price.

Thank you ???? 

apparently I need a medical certificate and passport size photo and need study one day and to sit a test takes 2 days apparently

looks like this is the best option and fully legal 

• Like 1

I've heard MOTS is highly reccomended. I'll be using them to transfer my Aus bike license but they also do bike licence from scratch for 4500 baht. Includes everything including door to door pick up service

"Driving Test and Theory Test learning material, questions and answers available. Full door to door service. Hassle free. Immigration and Doctor paperwork organised for you and transportation available for collection and return on day of Transport Agency Course"

https://www.mots-services.com/

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Roxy01 said:

Sure. Just that this multiple choice test has more content, maybe some more swatting needed. Here an agent might be able to help with providing the full catalog of questions that are in English (still a small subset of all possible questions in Thai). I read somewhere that they now also have question about tax payment, registration and other legal stuff which I was spared in 2017.

But still 45 of 50 questions have to be answered correctly.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Roxy01 said:

Thank you ???? 

apparently I need a medical certificate and passport size photo and need study one day and to sit a test takes 2 days apparently

Do you have significant motorcycle experience?  No matter, with a "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" attitude, I'm sure you'll find a way.

Good news, I suppose.  The easy option comes with free Darwin award.

Good lucky!

1 minute ago, Roxy01 said:

Why is there always one in the bunch ? 
yes chief been riding 30 years trail and road bikes 

Darwin Award? I’ll 

let you claim that with your sharp witty comments 

I’m  wagering in person your not a bad bloke just the keyboard gives you extra superhuman powers 

anyway thanks for nothing champ

Why not lead with that information, rather than imply you're looking for a backdoor method to get a possibly illegitimate license?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Roxy01 said:

Thank you ???? 

you'll need to do the motorcycle practical test, plank etc. Car licence no problem, video and a few easy tests.

Agents will hold your hand if you need that 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Roxy01 said:

Why is there always one in the bunch ? 
yes chief been riding 30 years trail and road bikes 

Darwin Award? I’ll 

let you claim that with your sharp witty comments 

I’m  wagering in person your not a bad bloke just the keyboard gives you extra superhuman powers 

anyway thanks for nothing champ

Hmmm....30 years experience and NO valid bike license from Australia.......you spend them 30 years in the scrub at the back of timbuktu ??  lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cranki said:

Hmmm....30 years experience and NO valid bike license from Australia.......you spend them 30 years in the scrub at the back of timbuktu ??  lol

Who cares ???...  Op is asking about getting a license here, not about how useful his experience of riding overseas will be here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why not just deal with his question at face value instead of virtue signalling ?

I did.

4 hours ago, Roxy01 said:

the best way to get a Thai motorcycle license In Pattaya is there a easy way? Nudge nudge wink wink ?????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why not just deal with his question at face value instead of virtue signalling ?

I did.

5 hours ago, Roxy01 said:

the best way to get a Thai motorcycle license In Pattaya is there a easy way? Nudge nudge wink wink ?????

Apologies....  I over cooked my earlier response...  you are quite right... the 'nudge nudge, wink wink' comment does imply the Op was looking for a back-door method. 

For what it’s worth . . . . .

I got my (open) bike licence here in Australia, 46 years ago.

I’ve ridden bikes (on the road) in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Papua New Guinea and, of course, Australia.

During the past 46 years, I’ve experienced countless (literally too many to count) near misses when cars have pulled out of side streets, changed lanes, done U turns, and more.

Last month, here in Australia, I was stationary in a line of cars waiting at a red light when I was hit from behind by a car. Totally out of the blue – didn’t see it coming.

My bike got pushed into the car in front and I was flung into the air, landing heavily on the bitument on my left side. I sustained a broken left femur which had to be surgically repaired with a plate and pin.

It’s been 5 weeks since the accident. I can’t yet walk without crutches, and walking is quite painful. The surgeon told me that it will be 3 months until I’m walking normally and 6 months until I’ve fully recovered.

When it comes to riding a motorcycle, which provides no rider protection, one’s experience, skill and ability sometimes counts for <deleted> all.

• Sad 2

On 6/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, Roxy01 said:

Thank you my license is for Australia 

no endorsements for bike just car legal nothing else sadly 

Go back to Oz, do your pre-Learners course, get your L's and stay on them for 6 months. Book in and do your day test to get your P's and stay on them for a full year. Then get your IDP with a motorcycle endorsement on it. Then go to Thailand and get your Thai Drivers Licence for a motorcycle.

Edited by bbi1
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Would it not be simpler to do a bit of training in Thailand and do his test here? Anything has to be easier than all that palaver!

100%

What a fuzz. Find the catalog of questions. Swat all things not obvious/different from home country (60m from intersection..., x m from pedestrian crosswalk, no parking beside the mailbox :biggrin:, right turn has right of way before oncoming left turn etc etc).

Then circle with an automatic scooter on the yard, pay some xxx Baht and off you go on your new Hayabusa :cheesy:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Love It 1

On 6/27/2023 at 4:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Who cares ???...  Op is asking about getting a license here, not about how useful his experience of riding overseas will be here. 

You must have electric wheels installed on that walking frame of yours, you sure seem to "shuffle" between a lot of threads 'ole fella'

• Confused 1

They need to see proof of address and Passport as these details (inc passport No.) are put on the license. That is why many accept the Thai driving license as a valid ID card. You have to go to the LTA as they take a digital photo of you to print on the license. If you can find an agent who looks like the picture in your passport, you may get away with it.

Edited by Oink
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1