Two young girls rescued from an illegal karaoke bar in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, unfortunately it's endemic throughout Thailand, although less so in the areas frequented by westerners, like Pattaya.  Just because many locals are indifferent to the issue and many of the authorities happy to accept their brown envelopes, doesn't mean that us members shouldn't be outraged when it's publicised.

Then, I suggest that these members who are offended join a group who cares about this (name is in the title) and use their time to save these poor souls instead wasting their time in this group.

Just like I did many years ago.

On 6/28/2023 at 10:13 AM, klauskunkel said:

Two young girls rescued from an illegal karaoke bar in Bangkok

Wonder what they will be doing next week..., planting rice?

Perhaps milking urban buffalos? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you made up your mind about lots of people or groups of people.

There is no such thing as the groups of bar girls. They are not all the same.

Some women, bar girls or not, marry rich guys because they want to live with lots of money. Some like it, some not so much.

Other women, including bar girls, stay with guys or marry guys who they are comfortable with or maybe they love them. 

It's not all the same.

I agree with some of that statement, not lumping all into one group, because there are two kinds of bar girls.  Taking away the some that have done it because their parents pushed them into it, and quitting because they realized it wasn't them or what they wanted. Staying with the ones that have a background of abuse, rape or neglect.  Sex for money, a transaction. No feelings, love or otherwise, just a means to an end. Most women want the same things, and being taken care of is one, no matter where you came from or what you do. But, normal thinking and living women look at men first as a partner to love them, and to take care of them and to protect and respect them. Some women look at men as money first, because they are greedy and only care what a man can do for them, not caring much about the love aspect, but what they can get. This kind of bar girl is a different animal. They came from abuse , neglect or worse. They look at men to take care of them also, and some might want the fantasy of being in love, but doing what they do for money and why they got to that place has skewed their thinking into one thing. What can I get for selling my body to men I have little interest in, besides the money I can make to buy things, that I'm probably disgusted with, turned off but put on an act to get that cash. Of course they would rather (not all) marry a farang and only have sex with him because he can buy her things without having to have sex with any others (besides the ones that are totally messed up and cheat on their husbands),and there's a sense of security in having one man that has enough money to live comfortably on. In any event, promoting this business isn't helping but hurting these women, because without Johns, they would be forced to live a normal life, one with less money, but without the risks of being beaten,killed or dying from a disease.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, I was answering to your statement "Fortunately there are no prostitutes in Texas."

Yeah, when you said; "Wondering where you get your data from. And actually, there are prostitutes in every country on earth. Texas isn't an exception..." indicating that Texas was not and exception from the other countries. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, when you said; "Wondering where you get your data from. And actually, there are prostitutes in every country on earth. Texas isn't an exception..." indicating that Texas was not and exception from the other countries. 

Answering both questions at the same time. Think a little. You think I didn't know Texas was a state, living in America 62 years,and Texas for 32? Not worth arguing about. You know what I meant.

Answering both questions at the same time. Think a little. You think I didn't know Texas was a state, living in America 62 years,and Texas for 32? Not worth arguing about.

Yet you're arguing about it. 

\You know what I meant.

Just as you knew what I meant when I said it was fortunate there was no prostitution in Texas. 

Think a little. 

Edited by Yellowtail
clarity
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2023 at 7:53 AM, Purdey said:

You can see the overview of data protection laws in the link below. Personal info includes your photo (not talking about personal photos). It is especially notable that children under the age of 20 must receive parental consent before using their personal information.

Publishing a clear photo without consent where the subject appears involved in a criminal offence is risky for the media as they could get sued for defamation. Which is why they usually blur the faces of alleged prostitutes. The photo Thai PBS showed has nothing to suggest it was published with permission.

The first thing to note is that the people in the photograph are not the minors referred to in the original post.

Section 4 (3) of the Personal Data Protection Act grants mass media an exemption:

This Act shall not apply to an individual or a juristic person who uses or discloses Personal Data that is collected only for the activities of mass media, fine arts, or literature, which are only in accordance with professional ethics or for public interest.

The question of whether or not the photo is a matter of public interest is a matter for Thai PBS, who are a Thai government news organisation.

As Thai PBS are a government news organisation we acknowledge that they have impeccable legal, moral and journalistic standards and to say otherwise would be defamatory.

On 6/28/2023 at 10:51 PM, hotchilli said:

Looks like  areal old "cat-ally"

If anyone has an accurate GPS location I'd like to add it to make sure I never stray that way.

Are you going to go there to 'save' any others??

• Haha 1