Antarctic sea ice at record low for end of June, warns Met Office

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And your personal home and transport consumption?

I'm betting electricity 3,000bht+ and you're driving a Fortuna (or other gas guzzler).

The climate change alarmists are always hippocrates! 

Agree. Amazing hypocrisy flying hundreds of people to climate conferences when it could all be done with VDO conferencing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fondue zoo said:

Just build houses that can float if needed, you get your views and ocean/river breezes, and when the 'big one' comes you just rise above.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about floating houses.

I've believed for many years that the future of humanity is on floating cities, eating cultivated insects, fish and seaweed.

Glad I'm not going to be around then.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've believed for many years that the future of humanity is on floating cities, eating cultivated insects, fish and seaweed.

Glad I'm not going to be around then.

Yeah, it sounds all good, but it would not be good. You just know that we half insane half-apes will not be able to pull of an Atlantean utopia.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fondue zoo said:

Yeah, it sounds all good, but it would not be good. You just know that we half insane half-apes will not be able to pull of an Atlantean utopia.

Agree. Wonder how long it would be before the poor folk consigned to live in the basement doing menial tasks rebel against the rich living on the sides with a seaview balcony?

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm going to be dead soon enough. Never had children to mourn me so it's not my problem what happens after I'm gone.

O...K ,

Its your world, we just in it. Sorry to bother you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

So you think record temperatures were always happening? Do you kn ow what the word "Record" means? 

You do understand the difference between weather and climate . Right? 

I do you dont.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gwapofarang said:

Can they please show us how accurate the computer models and predictions turned out to since data has been collected? Ozone depletion? There is need to figure out better questions to ask. The pursuit of which should always be vigilant. One would think something of this magnitude deserves every possible scrutiny. Shouldn't these questions and many more be asked and verified with better journalism?

Or are we supposed to just keep quiet and let individuals in the UN and 13 year old girls from Sweden tell the entire planet, how dare we lived our lives the way we did, now it's time to pay. No alarm bells here, trust the science, the UN has always done the right thing. The science has never been wrong it only "changes" when?

Believe it or else. Sounds about right, nothing to be alarmed about here.

Putting the power over billions into the hands of very few sounds perfect. Forget about history, it's different this time.

Correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, gwapofarang said:

Can they please show us how accurate the computer models and predictions turned out to since data has been collected? Ozone depletion? There is need to figure out better questions to ask. The pursuit of which should always be vigilant. One would think something of this magnitude deserves every possible scrutiny. Shouldn't these questions and many more be asked and verified with better journalism?

Or are we supposed to just keep quiet and let individuals in the UN and 13 year old girls from Sweden tell the entire planet, how dare we lived our lives the way we did, now it's time to pay. No alarm bells here, trust the science, the UN has always done the right thing. The science has never been wrong it only "changes" when?

Believe it or else. Sounds about right, nothing to be alarmed about here.

Putting the power over billions into the hands of very few sounds perfect. Forget about history, it's different this time.

Even 50-year-old climate models correctly predicted global warming

"How much warming we are having today is pretty much right on where models have predicted," says the study's lead author, Zeke Hausfather, a graduate student at the University of California, Berkeley...

Most of the models accurately predicted recent global surface temperatures, which have risen approximately 0.9°C since 1970. For 10 forecasts, there was no statistically significant difference between their output and historic observations, the team reports today in Geophysical Research Letters.

https://www.science.org/content/article/even-50-year-old-climate-models-correctly-predicted-global-warming

And since I'm sure you're going to be grateful to me for providing this information, please allow me to say in advance, "You're welcome."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JackGats said:

The Earth had no ice at the Paleocene-Eocene thermal maximum and it was probably a far better place to live judging by the fossil record.

And maybe someday that will happen again. What is it about most of you denialists that you don't understand the issue of the rate of change?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not sure global warming  

1. is caused by human activity

2. is undesirable.

3. can be changed by human activity 

If I were the government, I'd prefer to spend money on housing the homeless than paying billions to carbon traders. Anyway IPCC doesn't seem to think sea level rises are a significant risk.

I'm hoping Natwest/Coutts aren't going to cancel my bank account for this post.

I don't really believe in insurance either, beyond government regulations.

I have minimum insurance on vehicles, no house insurance (beyond mortgage requirement), no health insurance.

As for drinking, first wine cooler of the day already half finished.

By the way I live in a home mainly powered by solar cells (PEA bill usually around 200bht), and drive a Honda Click 160i (53Km/ltr) which I'm guessing is far beyond any conservation you do.

Im not all in for the problem solutions, but with many countries in Asia, Afrika as well South Amerika who are now stepping up, and getting stronger economies, we all should understand we can not continue the same way we have done the last 70 years? Or thats not a problem consuming a few planets a year of reproducable resources? We need a change, but maybe not the change people want, and that is to stop buying and consuming cheap stuff made of plastic and other syntetic materials, including phones, cars, etc, as well cutting down the forrests and overproduction of meat. Ideal we all shoud had been more like asia was 30 years ago, 160cm in average and 45 kg. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Im not all in for the problem solutions, but with many countries in Asia, Afrika as well South Amerika who are now stepping up, and getting stronger economies, we all should understand we can not continue the same way we have done the last 70 years? Or thats not a problem consuming a few planets a year of reproducable resources? We need a change, but maybe not the change people want, and that is to stop buying and consuming cheap stuff made of plastic and other syntetic materials, including phones, cars, etc, as well cutting down the forrests and overproduction of meat. Ideal we all shoud had been more like asia was 30 years ago, 160cm in average and 45 kg. 

What resources do you think are running out?

Peak oil, supposed to happen in the 2000s ..... nope, more oil now than ever before.

Food running out predicted to happen in the 1990s ........ nope, more food available now than ever before.

The problem being most of the sheep are completely gullible and believe whatever their overlords choose to tell them, even though those same overlords told them the complete opposite 10-20 years back.

No resources are currently running out!

Well, maybe electricity in Europe, but that's because your governments chose to betray you and jump on the 'green' total control of the population bandwagon.

• Like 1

We all love that when a discussion ends up calling others sheeples and leftist and all other names to call out someones opinions based on accapted science, dont we? Well who is blindfolded and stupid, is yet to be proved, but not today!

Im not going to post a link you most likely will not care to read!

short explanation

What does Earth Overshoot Day measure?

Overshoot is driven by four key factors: 1) how much we consume, 2) how efficiently products are made, 3) how many of us there are, and 4) how much nature's ecosystems are able to produce.

Edited by Hummin

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, they've rewritten history to match their new power play.

But I was there in the 1970s and I remember all the ice age predictions.

Really? You were reading scientific papers on climate change in the 70's? Can you share with us what journals you subscribed to? I'm sure you wouldn't take reports from the popular press as accurately representing what the scientific consensus was at the time. That would be foolish.

• Haha 1