Cheap and fast way to send package/letter to Europe

driveout

I am trying to find cheap and fast shipping in pattaya but it seems impossible. Dhl take 1500 Baht for 500gram ( that's the minimum ). Thai postal take around 500 Baht for 500gram but it takes around 20-25 days to arrive to Europe countries. Is there other way to send to Europe lets say 500-1000 gram for 500 Baht and shipping time 10 days?

I see on Ebay that people send from Thailand to Europe for 15 usd with 1 week shipping time f, how is this possible?

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, driveout said:

Thai postal take around 500 Baht for 500gram but it takes around 20-25 days to arrive to Europe countries.

Depends which countries. I ship small items to Europe regularly. North European is usually 2 weeks or less for delivery.

Around the Mediterranean , Spain ,Italy ....usually three weeks or if unlucky a bit longer.

Faster shipping costs more , according to weight.

Edited by Denim

21 minutes ago, Denim said:

Depends which countries. I ship small items to Europe regularly. North European is usually 2 weeks or less for delivery.

Around the Mediterranean , Spain ,Italy ....usually three weeks or if unlucky a bit longer.

How much do you pay? 

48 minutes ago, driveout said:

How much do you pay? 

The items I send are lightweight and fit in an envelope so to America 52 baht , most of Europe 48 baht. Occasionally something will get lucky , make an early flight and get delivered in a week , but this doesn't happen often.

EMS is fast but very expensive. Not worth it for me or my customers.

2 hours ago, driveout said:

I am trying to find cheap and fast shipping in pattaya but it seems impossible. Dhl take 1500 Baht for 500gram ( that's the minimum ). Thai postal take around 500 Baht for 500gram but it takes around 20-25 days to arrive to Europe countries. Is there other way to send to Europe lets say 500-1000 gram for 500 Baht and shipping time 10 days?

I see on Ebay that people send from Thailand to Europe for 15 usd with 1 week shipping time f, how is this possible?

Thanks!

Whenever I send letters to the UK, Thai Post are always conservative with their estimates. Probably so that they can't be accused 'under estimating' the time it takes.

The 3 to 4 weeks that they quote has always turned out to 8 to 10 days, So don't be too concerned about the time factor with Thai Post unless your items really are time critical. You will pay a lot more if that's the case.

You don't get cheap and fast. They are mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Amazing, what company do you use? Thailand post?

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Whenever I send letters to the UK, Thai Post are always conservative with their estimates. Probably so that they can't be accused 'under estimating' the time it takes.

The 3 to 4 weeks that they quote has always turned out to 8 to 10 days, So don't be too concerned about the time factor with Thai Post unless your items really are time critical. You will pay a lot more if that's the case.

You don't get cheap and fast. They are mutually exclusive.

????  Thats good news, thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

The items I send are lightweight and fit in an envelope so to America 52 baht , most of Europe 48 baht. Occasionally something will get lucky , make an early flight and get delivered in a week , but this doesn't happen often.

Does this have tracking?

48 minutes ago, driveout said:

Amazing, what company do you use? Thailand post?

Yup, just Thailand post.

Items I ship are valued at 6 dollers so no point going mad with expensive shipping.

You get what you pay for. "Cheap" and "Fast" don't go together these days if you are looking for a safe, reliable way to ship things. If it's a one-time thing then pay DHL. That way you can track it and can be assured that it'll get to its destination on time.

2 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

You get what you pay for. "Cheap" and "Fast" don't go together these days if you are looking for a safe, reliable way to ship things. If it's a one-time thing then pay DHL. That way you can track it and can be assured that it'll get to its destination on time.

Yes true. I guess i meant reasonable. But 1500 baht for a dvd to Europe is a bit to much in my opinion since i see people on ebay have shipping cost for a dvd 16 usd to Europe from Thailand. I wonder if they have some kind of deal or contract or maybe i was just asking the wrong questions at post office.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I dropped a letter off at Mailbox Inc (or whatever in Big-CX) which took about 5-6 daus to UK using Thai Post registered, I think it was a few hundred baht. 

Does this have tracking?

56 minutes ago, K2938 said:

Does this have tracking?

Yes, but only within Thailand which is basically pickup, arrived at airport facility in transit and then it's lost. Someone once posted you can track within UK on the GPO registered system, but I didn't try it. If you really want to be on top of it, courier at +2000 baht!

• Like 1