Problems with TM.30

55 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

This is totally 'out of bounds'.  You must have met an Imm Officer that for one reason or another had a grudge against you.  There is absolutely no reason for you to provide evidence of all the places where you have stayed in Thailand earlier than your current address. 

I'm just reporting my experience at the TM.30 counter. I don't see why the IO should have had a grudge against me.

I am following this board regularly, so, yes, everything was a big surprise for me. Who knows, maybe it is a new development since the beginning of July. Looking forward to see other reports about this issue. (Reading a reply further up, however, it seems to have been like this in the past.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'm just reporting my experience at the TM.30 counter. I don't see why the IO should have had a grudge against me.

I am following this board regularly, so, yes, everything was a big surprise for me. Who knows, maybe it is a new development since the beginning of July. Looking forward to see other reports about this issue. (Reading a reply further up, however, it seems to have been like this in the past.)

Yes, it is clear to me from this thread that you and other expats based in Bangkok are having to run the risk of dealing with a potentially rogue office on TM30-related issues - albeit that this roguery appears to come and go in fits and starts (rather like sunspot cycles, I suppose).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Either that, or the plain fact could be that, when it comes to issues relating to the TM30 form, Chaengwattana are a ROGUE OFFICE PAR EXCELLENCE.

Where on earth does that come from.

CW imo one of the most consistent immigration offices.

CW for example follows change of rules to TM30.

CM (one example) does not. 

I personally have dealt with CW for 10 years and NEVER even filed a TM30.

True same address for those 10 yr.

I find the OP confusing in this thread. 

Do you even deal with CW?

Please point to "ROGUE OFFICE" examples. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 7/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

I did a TM.30 online by myself, which was accepted by the system. However, visiting Chaengwattana today, they threw it out (not accepted at '90-day counter', then cancelled by 'TM.30 official'), but asked me to re-do it by filling out the form. Still I was fined for 'reporting late'! And no, there was no personality conflict between me and the official.

You should have registered as the 'possessor' in the drop-down box and uploaded copies of your passport ID page and the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

On 7/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

I did a TM.30 online by myself, which was accepted by the system. However, visiting Chaengwattana today, they threw it out (not accepted at '90-day counter', then cancelled by 'TM.30 official'), but asked me to re-do it by filling out the form. Still I was fined for 'reporting late'! And no, there was no personality conflict between me and the official.

You should have registered as the 'possessor' in the drop-down box and uploaded copies of your passport ID page and the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

On 7/3/2023 at 7:14 PM, DrJack54 said:

Back to your OP.

I'm not sure why you needed a TM30 to make your 90 day report.

Have you recently returned to Thailand or changed address etc.

Samut Prakan immigration always asking for TM30. Be it extension of stay, 90 day report, new passport etc etc. They do allow possessor to make TM30 if u got owner ID, copy of house book and rental agreement.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BeerAttractedPerson said:

Samut Prakan immigration always asking for TM30. Be it extension of stay, 90 day report, new passport etc etc. They do allow possessor to make TM30 if u got owner ID, copy of house book and rental agreement.

Samut Prakan is a nonsense office.