Bangkok school security guard rapes 14 year old student

webfact

image.jpeg

A security guard at a school in the Sai Mai district of Bangkok has been accused of raping a 14 year old student.

The victim, named A, sought help from the non-profit organisation Saimai Survive to accompany her to Sai Mai Police Station to report the alleged sexual assault by a 52 year old Thai man named Santi Narknoi.

A explained to the police that she has known Santi for three years since she started studying at the school. She respected and trusted him because he used to give her a ride back home when her parents were unavailable to pick her up.

On the incident day, June 27, Santi volunteered to take her home. While they were on the way, Santi stopped at his condominium and informed A that he needed to get his power bank. He urged A to wait for him in his room, as he had to search for it.

However, Santi immediately sexually assaulted her once she was in his room before taking her home. A did not dare reveal the incident to her parents. The following day the suspect was not at the school so she decided to report the issue to her teacher.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ สายไหมต้องรอด-เพจสำรอง

#news

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/bangkok-school-security-guard-rapes-14-year-old-student

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 8

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably because she was told never to be alone with a man.

At 14 she should know better than to go to a guys room ....... for any reason.

We taught our daughter not to even get in a songtaw if she were the only passenger.

Conversely, 

When I was a schoolteacher in the UK, we were all told never to be alone in a classroom with a female student.

But it sounds like they knew he used to take her home

7 hours ago, webfact said:

he used to give her a ride back home when her parents were unavailable to pick her up.

Unless she 'claimed' fare money, and didn't tell them how she got home, or they just didn't care or ask how she got home

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Sad to hear this. Strange she couldn't tell her parents. Too embarrassing I guess. 

I knew a woman back in England who didn't tell her parents for 3 years, 

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:
18 hours ago, webfact said:

A did not dare reveal the incident to her parents.

Why was this?

I'm no expert, but from what I've "heard online", victims can feel deeply ashamed, embarrassed, scared that no one will believe them, scared that they will be blamed, scared that their attacker will do something to them if they tell, and probably many other reasons that I don't know.  And that's in the West where women are very well taken care of.

You get the idea that a lot of students get more love and support from teachers anyway.  hardly surprising that they're the choice of someone to confide in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The school now suing  the teacher for handing the CTV footage to the police. The whole school board should be arrested for trying to keep evidence and protecting a rapist, abuse of a child, nothing more than aiding and abetting IMO

But nothing happened at the school besides the guard offering her a ride home which he has repeatedly done.

Again the issue is not if it is right or wrong. The teacher is making the school look bad.

Again there is also the issue that many Thai girls want things and are, in some cases, not above blackmail.

I am not saying it was not rape but I think we need to see the whole picture.

As to him hiding Let's face it Thai culture says condemn and punishment by the people even if they think you did it.

13 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

But nothing happened at the school besides the guard offering her a ride home which he has repeatedly done.

But, on this occasion, it is alleged that after he offered her a ride home he convinced her to go into his apartment and then he raped her.  That makes it of interest to those investigating the alleged crime.

It is valuable to the investigation.  If he is innocent, it might even show something that helps his defense.  (Although I'm not sure what that might be.)

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

But, on this occasion, it is alleged that after he offered her a ride home he convinced her to go into his apartment and then he raped her.  That makes it of interest to those investigating the alleged crime.

It is valuable to the investigation.  If he is innocent, it might even show something that helps his defense.  (Although I'm not sure what that might be.)

Key word is alleged.  

Let's face hell hath no fury than a Thai girl lady that doesn't get what they want.

I am sorry but no rape kit no bruises just her word.

This guy is not afraid of the legal system he is afraid of the Thai community 

On 7/4/2023 at 9:32 PM, brianthainess said:

From whom? and again why?

fear of not being believed. fear of retribution. fear of blowback. fear of the unknown. fear of family and friends reactions. fear of societies prejudice. fear of self even. 

many assault victims are even scared they will be blamed for what happened. that somehow it is their fault. 

• Thanks 1