Electric baht busses for Pattaya......Good idea or Bad idea.....

redwood1

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-and-toyota-collaborate-to-build-sustainable-smart-city-435050

Pattaya-News-1-Pattaya-and-Toyota-to-build-Smart-City-pic-2.jpg

Pattaya-News-1-Pattaya-and-Toyota-to-build-Smart-City-pic-1.jpg

First question.....Who the heck is going to be paying for a fleet of new baht buses..It sure will not be the divers.....I bet these cost at least 2-3 million a pop with the customizing..

Look at the size of the guys standind.....Then put them in the seats.....2 of these guys would just about take up one side.......(or 3 smaler people)

Notice this is not a full bed pick-up like the current baht buses use, this is a short bed pick-up that would hold a lot less people....

Notice how the current baht buses are painted blue and the seats are blue.....
Why?

Because blue hides the dirt and they never look all that dirty....

Notice the new baht buses.....The color is white on white on white.....I  guarantee these baht buses will look filthy in no time...

Even if the drivers were given the baht buses 100% free, I think the drivers would be making a lot less money due to the new baht buses small size...

So in turn the price to ride the baht bus would have to go up up.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

When the battery explodes  like a 500kg bomb and the subsequent fire is not extinguishable   I reckon there will be  some nice redevelopment plots in pattaya and of course the loss of a few tourists and peasant drivers  wont hurt business

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Different, black smoke often comes out of pickups when accelerating away, never seen it from a baht bus

If not mistaken, black smoke should never come out or any vehicle, if properly maintained.  

Old or misadjusted injectors.   Some just need cleaning and have an easy fix, with an additive to prevent, but, that would cut into profits.  What does the driver care for, the smoke is behind him.

Diesel should have been banned decades ago, as a direct link to negative health issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Gas or electric, it is still a truck and who in their right mind wants to sit in the back of a truck with the pollution, heat and humidity?

For a mere 20 (?) baht, beats walking in the pollution, heat & humidity, if that's your only convenant transport.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Different, black smoke often comes out of pickups when accelerating away, never seen it from a baht bus

How are they different?

Are you suggesting that Baht buses have different engines.

They are standard single cab pickups with a cage and seats on the back.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Converting to LPG would be a lot wiser and cheaper IMO

Oh yes, waiting for the news of that mishap with tourists being burned alive!

LPG-fuelled public transport has been in use for years in Bangkok and I don't recall a single instance of those vehicles burning passengers alive, why would you think that it would happen in Pattaya?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

LPG-fuelled public transport has been in use for years in Bangkok and I don't recall a single instance of those vehicles burning passengers alive, why would you think that it would happen in Pattaya?

They have boots... baht buses do not. Where is the tank (s) located?

Minivans sure are safe...

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/01/22/fiery-death-of-11-in-lng-fuelled-mini-van-nakhon-ratchasima/

10 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Taxis in Hong Kong have used LPG for years without problems.

Topic isn't about taxis......read the OP!

Edited by jacko45k

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

They have boots... baht buses do not. Where is the tank (s) located?

Minivans sure are safe...

There are many baht buses in Bangkok,  The LPG tanks are either under the vehicle or under the passenger seats.  I can't recall having seen any reports about Bangkok's minibuses burning people to death, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There are many baht buses in Bangkok,  The LPG tanks are either under the vehicle or under the passenger seats.  I can't recall having seen any reports about Bangkok's minibuses burning people to death, either.

This was a close call..

Would it not make sense to skip LPG and go electric..