gasoline price

jil

Depending on gas type , about 35 baht a litre, and 15 kilometers  per litre.

Of course this is only a rough approximation . Depends to a degree on the vehicle  and type of gas used.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jil said:

Not being a motorist myself, can anyone tell me the cost of gasoline for a car per kilometer under normal circumstances?

my Toyota Truck uses 7.5 liters per 100 kms

22 minutes ago, flexomike said:

my Toyota Truck uses 7.5 liters per 100 kms

That really means nothing, as you do not say petrol or diesel, size of engine, auto or manual, loaded or not, average speed, driving habits.

Now MY Toyota Auto 3.0 diesel averages 12km/litre (a better way of describing consumption) if I drive carefully, keep below 100kph, and no load.

The OP hasn’t given us much to go on, but lets assume he wants how much it will cost to get from A to B by car ?

Depends on vehicle and speed driven but a general guide.

2 baht per km for a hybrid/economical car.

3 baht per km for a larger car/pickup 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jil said:

Not being a motorist myself, can anyone tell me the cost of gasoline for a car per kilometer under normal circumstances?

Our last ICE car got 14 kms/L (MG ZS) and seems about the ballpark kms/L for using 91, in a 1500cc motor, as matches the kms/L for the Vios & Mazda 2 we had also.

Doing the speed limit of 90 kph +/-

Using ฿35 per L, so about ฿2.5 per km

Our EV, same MG ZS, but BEV, cost about ฿1 per km, using charging stations when out & about.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

That really means nothing, as you do not say petrol or diesel, size of engine, auto or manual, loaded or not, average speed, driving habits.

Now MY Toyota Auto 3.0 diesel averages 12km/litre (a better way of describing consumption) if I drive carefully, keep below 100kph, and no load.

Please explain why the km/litre ratio is better at describing consumption than litres/100 km.

You are averaging 8.3 litres/100 km, OK for a large pickup or SUV on diesel. If it was gasoline, 12 - 15 litres/100 km.

To me, km/litre is just a different formula for the same attribute.

• Thumbs Up 2

2014 Ford Focus 1.6 Auto petrol, E20 fuel, 7lts per 100 kms = 14.28kms per litre at 40 kms per hour on average, currently paying around 34.00 baht per litre, so 2.38 baht per km on fuel.

Local Ford Main dealer maintains car, on average around 6k Baht per service, including parts, oil change every 7000 kms, had 3 services, one was a cambelt and water pump change. total cost for 3 oil changes/services 18k baht for 25k kms, around 1.39 baht per km.

6500 baht for a years insurance, top tier, in UK I would call it "Fully Comprehensive Insurance".

1650 baht for test for year.

Servicing, insurance and test = around 850 baht for a weeks motoring.

I do about 5k kms a month on average, which is around 12k baht in fuel.

To me a total cost of under 4k baht a week is about right, all in, for the convenience alone its worth it, as I'm out in the sticks.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Like 1

Mazda 2, 1.4l ccm

I use about 7.3 l/100 km of E20.

7.3*33.5=224 Baht/100 km.

So 2.4 Baht/km.

Number varies of course.

Less on long distance highway.

More in stop/go.

Fuel goes up and down. Difference between 95 gasohol and E20 has risen to 2.3 Baht.

The 33.5 is a realistic number for our area.

Fuel cheaper along the eastcoast. Expensive towards the north.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, In the jungle said:

Suzuki Celerio manual.  22.9 km/litre.  36 Baht per litre = 1.57 Baht per km.

I could get better fuel economy than that if I tried.

Where do you drive to get this economy? It sounds like mostly highway driving. Our swift used to get about 18km/l maninly around nonthaburi. Our city turbo get slightly less, but is better on the highway than the swift. 

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Please explain why the km/litre ratio is better at describing consumption than litres/100 km.

For the same reason that no-one ever talks about gallons/100 m.

How about speed? Do you say mph/kph, or hours per 100 miles or km?

It's just convention.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

For the same reason that no-one ever talks about gallons/100 m.

How about speed? Do you say mph/kph, or hours per 100 miles or km?

It's just convention.

I am fully metric, AFAIK it is only Americans who are sticking with out-dated units of measure. Although you guys have the British pound. Do you still have guineas, or is that no longer PC?

Gallons/100 m reminds me of a neighbor who bought a Buick Straight Eight back in the 1950's. It ran out of gasoline after two laps of a suburban block.

Possibly it is a quirk of nationality, every car in Australia, new or used, has the fuel economy quoted in litres/100 km.

Edited by Lacessit

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am fully metric, AFAIK it is only Americans who are sticking with out-dated units of measure. Although you guys have the British pound. Do you still have guineas, or is that no longer PC?

Possibly it is a quirk of nationality, every car in Australia, new or used, has the fuel economy quoted in litres/100 km.

"UK we measure a car's fuel economy in miles per gallon (MPG)"

I always scratch my head about that.  Know the reason, though forget, and simply don't care.

I'm a Yank, and I do everything in metric.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You are averaging 8.3 litres/100 km, OK for a large pickup or SUV on diesel. If it was gasoline, 12 - 15 litres/100 km.

To me, km/litre is just a different formula for the same attribute.

I don't know about y'all, but I actually read the OP, and she requested ... "cost of gasoline for a car per kilometer"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Where do you drive to get this economy? It sounds like mostly highway driving. Our swift used to get about 18km/l maninly around nonthaburi. Our city turbo get slightly less, but is better on the highway than the swift. 

In Chumphon province.

My most common journey by far is a 52 km round trip.  About half of it is on Phetkasem road where I typically drive at 100 to 110 kph.  The rest is on fairly quick two lane highway where I drive at 80 to 100 kph.

I think one factor that contributes to the Celerio's fuel economy is that the manual version only weighs 785 kg.

59 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"UK we measure a car's fuel economy in miles per gallon (MPG)"

I always scratch my head about that.  Know the reason, though forget, and simply don't care.

I'm a Yank, and I do everything in metric.

I don't know about y'all, but I actually read the OP, and she requested ... "cost of gasoline for a car per kilometer"

I read the OP too. In the third post on this thread, I quoted a cost of 3.5 baht/kilometer for a vehicle with a fuel economy of 10 litres/100 km. Perhaps you were too pre-occupied with inserting a put-down to read it.

You might do everything in metric, America doesn't. Gasoline prices there are quoted in dollars per Gallon.

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I read the OP too. In the third post on this thread, I quoted a cost of 3.5 baht/kilometer for a vehicle with a fuel economy of 10 litres/100 km. Perhaps you were too pre-occupied with inserting a put-down to read it.

You might do everything in metric, America doesn't. Gasoline prices there are quoted in dollars per Gallon.

10 kms / L ... pretty krappy, and hope she has a better car than that.

Yank, so I know USA measures, and NO, didn't notice your reply, as don't read 'em all, especially after I reply.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

10 kms / L ... pretty krappy, and hope she has a better car than that.

Yank, so I know USA measures, and NO, didn't notice your reply, as don't read 'em all, especially after I reply.

IIRC 10 km/L was better than standard for American-made vehicles, before the 1973 oil shock, and the Japanese takeover with cars of better quality and fuel economy.

I've met a couple of Americans who are a credit to their nation. You can fill in the blanks from there.

• Sad 1

A while ago the manufacturer's specs were always way too low, nearly impossible to achieve.

But with the new testing cycles it's realistic. I just looked it up for the two cars that I drive, and my fuel consumption is about at what the manufacturer states. This implies a more conservative driving style, but definitely realistic when driving in varying situations. If you drive 90% in Bangkok traffic than your average consumption will of course be higher than what the manufacturer states.

So just Google for the fuel consumption of whatever car you are interested in and multiply it with the current petrol cost, this answers your question quite accurately. To get a ball park figure, if you just assume somewhere in the 200-250 Baht per 100km range then you won't be too much off.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1