Why you should never leave a negative hotel review in Thailand

webfact

Thailand the world hub of defamation to protect the guilty.

All visitors need to do is write the review at home where freedom of speech rights exist and you won't be bothered by the non customer service Muppets.

Not leaving negative reviews is  immoral, and cowardly, I give praise when its due and criticism when appropriate,,  other wise how will anything ever change ,, as to Thai Libel laws ,, so what ,, pathetic  ..  its just bullying and intimidation and needs to be  defeated ,

I was in Bangkok  a few weeks ago and gave  negative reviews to 2 hotels   rated 5* when they were   at best 3* due to shabby rooms , poor breakfast , lack of advertised facilities etc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Thai libel laws. I notice that when someone falls from a high building (and dies) in Thailand the building is never identified. I believe that this is done so as not to fall foul of libel laws?

Yes. I once wrote a hotel review. Everything OK. Only as a constructive criticism that the balcony railings are too deep. Simply dowel in an additional higher rod. Not everyone is a midget. Well nothing happened. Neither a law suit against me nor that there would be additional balcony poles for safety reasons. TiT

Edited by tomacht8

23 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Thailand the world hub of defamation to protect the guilty.

All visitors need to do is write the review at home where freedom of speech rights exist and you won't be bothered by the non customer service Muppets.

Freedom of speech exists at home? Depends on what you say & since that's the case, we really don't have it here either. 

This quote has been refuted as belonging to tubman. Either way, it's still true today.

"I freed a thousand slaves; I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves"—