Being wrong in this forum

17 minutes ago, bignok said:

Ok post 1 million examples

It is called "hyperbole" big bird.

Some millions of people believe for example that a jewish rabbi was persecuted and killed by the Roman empire and for that fact they are going to some kind of eternal afterlife where they can eat shrimp now because that one simple murder created a new religion with new rules

Donald Trump says he won the 2020 US presidential election

My ex-wife says "Sunkist 100 percent orange juice" sold in USA has added sugar

Now I can't prove a negative so I don't bother. Trump's own legal teams went to dozens of courts of law and similarly to the previous myth have never provided a single shred of evidence. That woman is so stubborn she won't believe me no matter what is written on the carton.

If you say opinions cannot be false if the ideas are sincerely held by the person I can agree with that but that does not make it true, as in a reliable fact.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

It was more fun when you knew who was leaving the sad and confused emojis.

I agree,

and then you could reply

I know where you live !! LOL

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Some millions of people believe for example that a jewish rabbi was persecuted and killed by the Roman empire and for that there is a they are going to some kind of eternal afterlife where they can eat shrimp now because that one simple murder created is a new religion with new rules

Now I can't prove a negative so I don't bother. Trump's own legal teams went to dozens of courts of law and similarly to the previous myth have never provided a single shred of evidence. That woman is so stubborn she won't believe me no matter what is written on the carton.

If you say opinions cannot be false if the ideas are sincerely held by the person I can agree with that but that does not make it true, as in a reliable fact.

I like the one where millions of people believe scientists that say the universe, which is all matter, just happened to come from nothing. Matter created from nothing. That it came from a singularity,a speck of matter, but what created that singularity, or did it just "happen". A lot of us know better, although you could say that's others opinions. Could be, but who wants to take that chance, because the outcome is permanent either way?

• Confused 4

52 minutes ago, amexpat said:

When I mark a post "confused" I usually mean the poster seems confused. 

you seem confused about it, replying is a better option.

So when ones partner says something they don't agree with or don't understand they don't discuss it they give an emoji instead?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Some millions of people believe for example that a jewish rabbi was persecuted and killed by the Roman empire and for that fact they are going to some kind of eternal afterlife where they can eat shrimp now because that one simple murder created a new religion with new rules

Saying a product has no sugar is a guess if you really dont know. Saying I hated Pattaya after going is a valid opinion. Saying I hate Pattaya without going is a guess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Where did you get this BS from? i happen to know a lot a bout Judaism and i never heard of such rubbish.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

Saying a product has no sugar is a guess if you really dont know. Saying I hated Pattaya after going is a valid opinion. Saying I hate Pattaya without going is a guess.

You have never juiced an orange? Why would they lie and add cost to the product anyway.

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No scientist ever said matter came from nothing. Don't be deceitful and please do some research. There have probably been "millions" of universes and never   solitary god 

I'm not being deceitful. I meant the scientists that say there was a Big Bang, meaning everything came from a singularity, which is matter. Matter can not come from nothing. Guessing there has been more than one universe is an opinion, a guess. If there were more than one God, you would see evidence of them fighting for control. Our only God chooses to remain silent. It's called our faith, and isn't a subject for this post. You have your opinion, and you will see for yourself when you pass, and then it might be too late for you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not being deceitful. I meant the scientists that say there was a Big Bang, meaning everything came from a singularity, which is matter. Matter can not come from nothing. Guessing there has been more than one universe is an opinion, a guess. If there were more than one God, you would see evidence of them fighting for control. Our only God chooses to remain silent. It's called our faith, and isn't a subject for this post. You have your opinion, and you will see for yourself when you pass, and then it might be too late for you.

Do a baby come from nothing? It also started with a bang ☝️

Just now, fredwiggy said:
matter, material, articles, or activities of a specified or indeterminate kind that are being referred to, indicated, or implied.

What is the most dangerous city per capita for driving?

• Like 1