Patong Police Investigate Complaints about Foreign Barbers

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – The Patong Police have investigated after they received complaints that foreigners were doing forbidden jobs as barbers and salon workers.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that on Wednesday (July 5th), they inspected a barber shop in Soi Saen Sabai. The owner and all the staff were Thai.

Another five barber shops in Soi Ban San were inspected. Two of them were closed. Three other shops were found with Thai owners and Thai barber staff. However, three migrant workers were found with no work permits.

By Goongnang Suksawat

#news

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/07/06/patong-police-investigate-complaints-about-foreign-barbers/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

10 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Thou shall not steal jobs from locals in Thailand........

Whilst I understand the frustrations of not being able to work in Thailand, has the freedom of doing what you want in the west been such a success?

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Smart to check barbershops on a Wednesday.

The person who posted the "confused" emoji to your well observed post obviously has no knowledge of Thai customs and superstations! 

Mind you, as you point out, neither, do the powers that be who should know the no haircutting taboo on a Wednesday!!

On 7/7/2023 at 3:48 AM, webfact said:

However, three migrant workers were found with no work permits.

Were they waiting for haircuts? now the hairdresser lost, three customers. I feel so much safer now. Will we now have to show passports to get a haircut? :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Were they waiting for haircuts? now the hairdresser lost, three customers. I feel so much safer now. Will we now have to show passports to get a haircut? :cheesy:

Yep show your pssport and show your 'harcuts' bank book with 50,000 balance untouched for one year. Therefore until you can save 50,000Baht in your bank book no haircut.

23 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Smart to check barbershops on a Wednesday.

Indeed! They wanted to avoid finding too many open.

My local barber never cuts hair on Wednesday, bad luck.

• Thumbs Up 1