Stream of despair: US livestreamer threatens to kill himself if jailed in Thailand for distributing obscene content

webfact

Just now, still kicking said:

No, you did not name me but not every pensioner is low life, and I don't need to brag either.

No I know you are rich, that's why you started a topic not so long ago that wanted to apply for a loan from your pension to survive

• Haha 2

I just wonder if the same thing was done but with 'normal clothes' on, would it be an issue to that point? I doubt it. And then let's say a girl would have done it, but she wear a very short dress or a very short mini skirt on, it is totally fine. Even you see just as much flesh.

Super stupid in a way to do this somewhere in public regardless, he could just have done it from his hotel room.

7 hours ago, Toolong said:

*Unless the person charged is a member of a progressive Thai political party, in which case, regarding any minor dismeanor of any nature (ie, picking one's nose), the right to the application of good sense  may be voided. 

If there is one place on this planet with no taboo against picking your nose it is SEA.

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.  Unless you have permission: that's called consensual sex.  Or you can use a toy, like an inhaler.

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You're saying he wasn't arrested?

there's an army of what I consider "fake youtubers" out there. they all have weird nicknames, are famous with 2 million followers. 

the main point is not him, but what may happen to the average person. 

these stories are alerting the average person as to what they can and cannot get away with. so watch out for livestreaming in hotel rooms in thailand i guess.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Saudi Arabia. An alcoholics paradise. Home brewed beer, wine and SID. If you wanted the real stuff for a special occasion Saudi nationals would provide (£75).

We were told not to involve the locals and alcohol production was always via foreigners......

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

For his girlfriend

Can he not just share it with her only? Why do they want to put every little thing in the public domain? Don't get it. 

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We were told not to involve the locals and alcohol production was always via foreigners......

I was an instructor on a RSAF Sqn, working for Bae. The students could supply the real stuff for special occasions. I was involved in SID production for extra income.

There was a Prince Pilot on the Sqn who once a year invited the Sqn to his summer palace by the sea. No booze but the bar had all the empty optics up.

• Like 1

Now he plays and streams his online gambling with money at his “house”. Another issue against the law:). 

Gambling for money is officially a crime in Thailand.

Edited by Tom H

I am not a fan of Youtube influencers nor this guy but it's hard for me to see this as something he should've been arrested for? Maybe I'm missing something? If I understand correctly he did this in a public part of the hotel which was idiotic but it seems like at worst he should be deported.

His particular behavior is not something I'd ever do but it does make me want to think carefully about livestreaming anything I do here. Though I have no plans to livestream anything anytime soon.

Edited by wasabi

14 hours ago, wasabi said:

I am not a fan of Youtube influencers nor this guy but it's hard for me to see this as something he should've been arrested for? Maybe I'm missing something? If I understand correctly he did this in a public part of the hotel which was idiotic but it seems like at worst he should be deported.

His particular behavior is not something I'd ever do but it does make me want to think carefully about livestreaming anything I do here. Though I have no plans to livestream anything anytime soon.

And when the manager asked him to stop, he refused. 

The police were called, and what should they have done when they got there? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

And when the manager asked him to stop, he refused. 

The police were called, and what should they have done when they got there? 

The guy effectively stripped down to his (women's) underwear in a public restaurant. I think the police anywhere would have arrested him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The guy effectively stripped down to his (women's) underwear in a public restaurant. I think the police anywhere would have arrested him. 

Yes and no.

He put on the lingerie as a stunt for his channel. 

It was in a private room adjacent to a public restaurant.

But the fool was on hotel surveillance camera. 

The fool also ignored warnings.

Sure he deserves some trouble for that but the question now is how much trouble.

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and no.

Sure he deserves some trouble for that but the question now is how much trouble.

And he is running a production company without a license, and monetizing the whole situation. 

A few months in jail, financial restitution, a hefty fine and deportation. 

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And he is running a production company without a license, and monetizing the whole situation. 

A few months in jail, financial restitution, a hefty fine and deportation. 

He wasn't living in Thailand. Visiting youtubers generally would not be touched by those issues. 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and no.

Well - it's still a public place as the staff would be seeing it. 

As for how much trouble - my take is he'll have a hard time buying his way out as he's not what you'd call 'discreet'. 

• 3 weeks later...