Jomtien changing the rules again?

Been told by several  agents that Jomtien are now insisting on 800k in your bank for a retirement  extension?

Last year they only wanted  to see my Bank book which shows 65k pm for the previous  year!

So now  have to do the in/out top up to 800k.

The reason I went for a no show retirement extension last year (changing from marriage) was to avoid 2 bank visits a visit to the ampho and a visit to  immigration to have my photo taken as I have to  use a wheelchair.

Now it seems  even using an agent I have to do the footwork/wheelchairwork anyway?

Is Jomtien discouraging the use of agents now?

Edited by Maestro
added question mark to the topic title, to show that it is speculation

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The OP appears to be suggesting that the 65k monthly income method for retirement extensions is no longer deemed acceptable by Jomtien. But @doctormann's recent experience contradicts this assertion!

Maybe this only works if using an agent?

No mention of needing 800k in the bank from mine.  I did need to get an annual statement and account verification letter from my bank but this is quite normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

My impression is most agents do use the 800k method with doctored papers.

This rather depends on what you are using the agent for.  Not everyone is trying to circumvent the 'money in the bank' requirement.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

This thread sounds like yet another false news thread based on heresay

OP says several agents not processing his retirement extension based on 65k per month income method, find another agent or do it yourself 

I confirm that agents cannot/will not use the income method (at least not the 3 that I contacted). 

Evidence money in the bank - 8,000 Baht. No money 12,500 Baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, doctormann said:

Me too.  I've used an agent for the last three years with no issues whatsoever.  OK, it costs a few Baht but it's worth it to avoid visiting Soi 5!

I extended my permission to stay just three weeks ago, using the 65k per month method.  Nice new stamp in the passport and, as you say, the signature is just the same as it always has been.

Which agent?

4 minutes ago, doctormann said:

This rather depends on what you are using the agent for.  Not everyone is trying to circumvent the 'money in the bank' requirement.  

Although the OP,  @chilly07, mentioned that he is using an agent I understand that he meets the requirement for the monthly income and is using the agent merely for his convenience.

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I confirm that agents cannot/will not use the income method (at least not the 3 that I contacted). 

Evidence money in the bank - 8,000 Baht. No money 12,500 Baht.

That leaves the OP to do the footwork himself.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maestro said:

That's how also I see it. @chilly07, can you confirm that it was not an immigration official who told you that the monthly income route is currently not available?

He clearly said: 

"Been told by several agents" rather than told by immigration

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I'm going to add a question mark to the topic title. That should fix it.

Well if you're making it a question, no Jomtien is not changing the rules again.

I went to a popular, highly reccomended agent on here and because I had the 800k in the bank they didn't seem to know how to deal with me. 

It was 25k baht for non-imm O + 12 month extension with no baht in bank. When I said I had 800k in Krungsri (they prefer Bangkok bank), they said "it may be 1-2k cheaper but have to check". It was obvious their business was no money visa so easy to see why Agents don't want to deal with a ligitimate 65k/month extension as it's different to their normal easy process 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

@chilly07 you start a thread and not visit Asean Now since then.

Your OP is far from clear.

You did a change from based on marriage to based on retirement.

The income method same as money in bank is retrospective.

In the past 12 months you would  have been safe to start the 65k transfers from your previous extension date.

You did not even mention if your embassy provides "income letter" 

Jomtien has not made any changes to option of using income method. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

I find the Visa Section of the Pattaya City Expats website a useful reference point in keeping up with the actual local office situation. They seem to have enough members that any real changes consistently affecting applicants are highlighted.  https://pcec.club/.  I always check it in advance of doing anything in Immigration for latest requirements and paperwork.

Agreed. Also it's less "loaded" than this forum because their members are not anonymous.