Chaeng Wattana counters

40 minutes ago, oldestswinger said:

Does anyone know which is/are the counter(s) at CW for transfer of visa to new passport?

If on 800k method retirement extension  they will ask to see updated bank book for this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If asking for the purpose of making an online appointment you can't specifically make an appt for that unless it a "business" type visa as the online appt system has a selection for that....see snapshot below.    There is no appt selection for a passport stamps transfer for a non-business visa/extension like a Non OA, O, etc.

About a year and half ago when I needed to transfer stamps from my old passport to my new/renewed passport I made an appt using the selection shown below but was told in no uncertain terms when I arrived CW that selection was not for my situation where I needed to transfer stamps related to my old OA visa and my current extension of stay....was told it only applied to Business type visa....I guess that means a Non B visa? 

When arriving CW I first went to the main queue issuing counters....showed them my appt...they said I just needed to go straight to the Long Stay Section and check-in with the first counter.   I went to the first counter/cubicle in the Long Stay section....this counter is geared for appt check-in and quick scan of docs.  After telling me my appt didn't apply they still immediately started the process to have the stamps transferred to my new passport.    The rep quickly reviewed my docs, paper clipped them together in a certain order, then took them to another counter in the Long Stay section (same area where long stay extensions are processed) and told me to set down in the Long Stay queue waiting area.  About 10 minutes later an immigration officer called me to her desk....she transferred the stuff from my old to new passport....I'm then done......all done in less than 30 minutes. 

This stamps transfer processes seems to be one CW immigration just shoe-horns...they do not put you are the very end of the queue if many people are already there for some immigration issue....they just slide you into a time gap with an immigration office.

Summary:  can't make an online appt for this particular service at CW unless it's a Business type visa....just go and do it.   Or do like I did...make the appt using the selection below...show-up to that counter with appt in-hand....get told the appt doesn't apply in your particular case....and then they still start the process to have the stamps transferred....it shouldn't hurt to try this method....it definitely didn't hurt me.

image.png.d32544661105f1a4346e04574d3b684e.png

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

Summary:  can't make an online appt for this particular service at CW unless it's a Business type visa....just go and do it.

Good report.

Another option is for OP to wait till his next extension and make an appointment for the extension and the io can do transfer and then process the extension application. 

Recently I required a certificate of residence and there is no appointment for that. 

However I made appointment for 90 day report and the io processed the TM47 photocopied it and then processed the COR.

Very helpful service. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Another option is for OP to wait till his next extension and make an appointment for the extension and the io can do transfer and then process the extension application. 

Yea that works.  However, if he needs his "current/valid" passport like to make a bank withdrawal where the bank rep wants to see/make a copy of the passport which matches what the bank has on-file in their IT system but that old passport now has holes punched in it, a no longer valid stamp, or something similar from the passport issuing agency then he's going to have to produce his new/renewed passport where the bank may also want to see a valid visa/extension in that new passport.    I sure know when I go to the bank for certain type of transactions (which is not often) they make a copy of the main passport page and the page showing the current visa/extension of stay...and ensure the passport number matches what's in their system.

It's probably best to get the visa/stamps transferred to the new passport as soon as possible especially if the immigration is not a long trip away.  I've transferred stamps twice at CW over the years when getting my passport renewed and both times it was very uneventful and only took about 30 minutes within the office...but the round trip drive added another 2 hours....I dreaded the drive more than the actual immigration office visit.  ????

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

where the bank may also want to see a valid visa/extension in that new passport. 

Nope.

Checking visa is none of the Banks business neither its in their authority

For example -

Thai PR holders do not have a visa/extension of stay in their passports, that does not mean they are over stayers or illegal immigrants.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Nope.

For example -

Thai PR holders do not have a visa/extension of stay in their passports, that does not mean they are over stayers or illegal immigrants.

Tell that opinion to the bank when they want to confirm the current  passport number matches the passport number they have onfile and also see some kind of immigration stamp which shows permitted to stay until or indefinite date before they will accomplish the bank transaction.  And the great, great majority of farangs do not have a PR.

Without above the bank is not going to do a citizen's arrest or call the police but they probably will not do certain bank transactions.

Edited by Pib

2 minutes ago, proton said:

My own branch of Krungsri never ask for PP for withdraw cash, only other branches

I have Krungsri and Bangkok Bank accts...the branches I use for both banks always ask for my passport, make copies of the main page and current visa/extension page, and do the quick check to ensure the passport number matches what's in their IT system.

Over the many years of reading AseanNow posts I've seem posts all over the map regarding required identification for bank transactions.  But a person will never have a problem when their current passport matches the bank's IT system, the passport is not expired, and the permitted to stay date is not expired.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DrJoy said:

This is not correct. The bank will not report any visa defects to Immigration, but it often affects their decisions. An example discussed on here every day is that banks will not usually open accounts for people on tourist visas.