‘Decency and dignity’: Multiple carefully crafted Biden narratives fall apart as 2024 race heats up

Social Media

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Really, that's the best you've got?    "B-b-but Trump...."?

Trump never campaigned as a solid, family man type. And thank God for that. Nor on his decency. Ditto. He was what he was- all his flaws and moral failings were clear to anyone with eyes to see.  People knew what they were getting when they voted for him in terms of decency and dignity (the topic of this discussion).

Now how about Biden? Were his character flaws and immorality clear to the public? Or  did he try to hide them under his BS image as 'lunchbucket Joe from Scranton'?  The hypocrisy is the problem.  

If you've got anything to impugn Biden's character, out with it. THe reason people are trying to impugn his decency is to deflect from the absolute moral wastelend opposing him.

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Like many young men of their generation (Clinton and Cheney also), Biden and Trump both used student deferrals as long as they could to avoid getting drafted. Once their student deferrals ran out, both used spurious medical grounds to stay undraftable- Biden for asthma as a teen and Trump for bone spurs. 

Joe is very 'handsy' around both women and young girls. There are too many examples to mention. I didn't say it was sexual, but it IS inappropriate and not dignified (to say the least). 

Plagiarism is a moral failing. So is lying to embellish your accomplishments and to slander an innocent person. Rude remarks about racialized Americans are both indecent and a moral failing. Hinging your presidential campaign on a debunked meme is indecent and also rather shallow. Bullying and cursing at your staff is undignified and embarrassing. 

Need I go on? Feel free to defend Joe on any of the 10 points I brought up, particularly in light of his public persona. 

Asthma wasn't spurious. You missed the main point. Biden was rejected by the navy. He wasn't seeking deferment based on asthma. The bone spurs never existed, they don't just go away.

You've reduced the charge of his behavior around children from immoral to inappropriate and undignified?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Asthma wasn't spurious. You missed the main point. Biden was rejected by the navy. He wasn't seeking deferment based on asthma. The bone spurs never existed, they don't just go away.

You've reduced the charge of his behavior around children from immoral to inappropriate and undignified?

Biden took 5 draft deferments as a student, Trump took 4. Makes both men look cowardly. Both were then classed as 1-Y 'unfit for service except in national emergency' in medical exams. Both seemed rather fit and sporty young men before that too....

How would YOU class Biden's behavior around women and children? Enough of the word games.

Now as you did not address any of Biden's other moral failings, I guess we can assume that you agree that they are just that?

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:03 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

As soon as I see that NOT-news tag, I stop reading, including the comments. The same sh!t from the same people. We've lost the ability for cogent debate, it merely devolves into a mud-slinging contest from both sides.

I scroll down the page until I see who published it.

If it says "Fox News" I simply go to the next post and ignore it.

"Fox News" is like "Truth Social" for the MAGA and their supporters here on ANN.

It is totally biased against President Biden and I personally rate it no better than the Daily Wail from the UK.

I wouldn't even put my fish and chips in its wrapper.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't consider Biden's behavior around children to be inappropriate. Did he suggest somewhere that he wouldn't mind dating his daughter?

I don't consider the rest of the items in your list to have a moral attribute or are insignificant to the point of trivial especially given the timeline.

Once again, "B-b-but Trump.....".... The Donald is a pig about women, but at least his daughter was 'of age' when he made his gross remarks.  

Here is Biden at work on CSpan. This is just swearing in ceremonies. Note that it is exclusively girls that get his attention, almost never boys... The commentary is very interesting as well.

I guess we will have to disagree then that plagiarism is a moral failing, as is lying about an innocent man, etc. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Once again, "B-b-but Trump.....".... The Donald is a pig about women, but at least his daughter was 'of age' when he made his gross remarks.  

Here is Biden at work on CSpan. This is just swearing in ceremonies. Note that it is exclusively girls that get his attention, almost never boys... The commentary is very interesting as well.

I guess we will have to disagree then that plagiarism is a moral failing, as is lying about an innocent man, etc. 

Nothing to see here. Nothing immoral about plagiarism unless you think shoplifting is immoral as well?

On 7/13/2023 at 9:50 AM, Tug said:

The problem at Fox in my opinion is that they aren’t really a news organization more of an entertainment company they have to feed their target audience this bs to keep them tuned in unfortunately it’s also damaging to our country 

Perhaps Fox should change their logo to "Fox Entertainment" which would most probably be more correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It is getting tiring, reading the "b-b-but Trump..." deflection.  Plenty of discussions available if you want to throw shade at The Donald. Ditto the high and low policy decisions of the current administration.

Any comment on Biden's irresponsible and immoral doings? 

Why do you bother to engage with the but but …

Make your point and if they deflect , ignore it , debate someone else on the topic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

I scroll down the page until I see who published it.

If it says "Fox News" I simply go to the next post and ignore it.

"Fox News" is like "Truth Social" for the MAGA and their supporters here on ANN.

It is totally biased against President Biden and I personally rate it no better than the Daily Wail from the UK.

I wouldn't even put my fish and chips in its wrapper.

Where do you go for your "news"?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Why is that important?  I am willing to "read" any worthwhile news reports... and am genuinely seeking to update my portfolio of material.  

You seem to know, or think you know, what are worthwhile news reports.  Why not share them with us?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tug said:

No comment on any imaginary Biden transgressions not enough to be concerned about im drawing a comparison about you trying to slander the Biden’s by drawing your attention to what happened to 45  when he made those spurious claims again it must be hell for the detractors to witness the success of responsible thought out governance double if said detractors wish ill on the United States and democracy as i believe some do

Care to tell me which of my list are imaginary? All are well documented and well known.  

Without referring to the Bad Orange Man if possible...

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I don't "NEED" to know... I am just curious.  Why are you so guarded about sharing the source of your enlightened opinions... I would be willing to see the light if I just knew the best place to look.

And yet you won't share with us your sources.

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

PS... it's "bare" necessities... not "bear"

Obviously you haven't seen the classic Disney version of the The Jungle Book.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

PS... it's "bare" necessities... not "bear"

A grammar nazi as well.

Should I hang my head in shame, wear sackcloth and ashes, or perhaps treat your post with the contempt that it deserves.

AFAIR Baloo was a bear, hence my words.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

A grammar nazi as well.

Should I hang my head in shame, wear sackcloth and ashes, or perhaps treat your post with the contempt that it deserves.

AFAIR Baloo was a bear, hence my words.

At least he does not seem to "wanna be like you"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1