Anyone sent a Proof Of Life form to Centelink via email?

I rang C'link this morning re the Proof of Life form I just received and asked if I could return the form as a PDF document via email, and was told no. The only way to return it was either by post or fax, but someone said they returned it by email. True or not?

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I rang C'link this morning re the Proof of Life form I just received and asked if I could return the form as a PDF document via email, and was told no. The only way to return it was either by post or fax, but someone said they returned it by email. True or not?

Do you have the MyGov set up? I had to send CL a bunch of docs a couple of months ago and I sent them as pdfs via the MyGov site. No worries at all.

1 minute ago, grain said:

Do you have the MyGov set up? I had to send CL a bunch of docs a couple of months ago and I sent them as pdfs via the MyGov site. No worries at all.

Only received the form today, but once it's completed I'll give that a try. I will also send the hard copy by registered post, just to be on the safe side. Thanks.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I think there are some free services out there. I'll probably never send another fax so I don't want to give credit card numbers etc.

Yes, there are free PC to Fax services out there. 

If you have a Wise account, they offer a virtual debt card.  You can change the number as often as you like.  Perfect for such websites. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 4:53 PM, grain said:

Does anyone at Centrelink actually read those docs? I sent a PDF of my Proof of Life, but received no acknowledgement, so how do I even know if it's been read?

On 7/27/2023 at 10:07 AM, giddyup said:

Does anyone at Centrelink actually read those docs? I sent a PDF of my Proof of Life, but received no acknowledgement, so how do I even know if it's been read?

Send them a message and ask on their secure mail system in Mygov.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, norbra said:

I emailed copies of doc , stamped addressed envelope and tracking number.

Received email confirming receipt but advised that I would receive demands until snail mail arrived.

What was their email? I can only see where you can upload a PDF on the Mygov.au site.

18 hours ago, norbra said:

I emailed copies of doc , stamped addressed envelope and tracking number.

Received email confirming receipt but advised that I would receive demands until snail mail arrived.

I just rang them and was told that they received the PDF doc I sent via Mygov.au and that everything has been approved and it wasn't necessary to have sent the hard copies as well.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2023 at 4:39 PM, giddyup said:

i too was told e mail NOT acceptable........

15 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

i too was told e mail NOT acceptable........

It's not email, it's uploading the PDF on their website. I was told the hard copy I sent by registered post wasn't necessary.

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

Send them a message and ask on their secure mail system in Mygov.

I can't find any secure mail system on mygov. There are various accounts on Facebook, Twitter etc, but no dedicated secure mail. The only way to contact them is via phone.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I can't find any secure mail system on mygov. There are various accounts on Facebook, Twitter etc, but no dedicated secure mail. The only way to contact them is via phone.

Well it was mentioned recently, it's new.

If calling by phone suggest you use the dedicated free call number to Centrelink from Thailand.

Thailand

Edited by scorecard

31 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well it was mentioned recently, it's new.

If calling by phone suggest you use the dedicated free call number to Centrelink from Thailand.

Thailand

I had a look this morning there is no secure mail option. I did use the toll free number to call and it was answered almost immediately. I was told my Proof of Life PDF doc I submitted on mygov.au had been approved and no need to send hard copy, which I'd already done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can also send 'proof of life cerificate to oz DVA by download to the DVA site. I did it 2 years back.

Within 2 hrs I got a brief e.mail:

- Confirming receipt of my download.

- Confirming that the signatures were acceptable.

- Mentioning that I would receive the same every 5 years.

- In the future should do a quick check of my DVA section of Mygov because in the near future all correspondence (both directions) will be on the Mygov facility, but every time there's an item from the DVA there will be a very brief e.mail with no details on g.mail (or other  providers) asking recipient to login to their Mygov to get new correspondence.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Can also send 'proof of life cerificate to oz DVA by download to the DVA site. I did it 2 years back.

Within 2 hrs I got a brief e.mail:

- Confirming receipt of my download.

- Confirming that the signatures were acceptable.

- Mentioning that I would receive the same every 5 years.

- In the future should do a quick check of my DVA section of Mygov because in the near future all correspondence (both directions) will be on the Mygov facility, but every time there's an item from the DVA there will be a very brief e.mail with no details on g.mail (or other  providers) asking recipient to login to their Mygov to get new correspondence.

I wasn't given any kind of confirmation of receipt or approval of my uploaded PDF, either on the messages on mygov.au or sent to my email. It wasn't until I rang that I was told it had been approved and to expect another POL in two years.