Huw Edwards in hospital as he is named in BBC presenter row

Social Media

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't like Murdochs media organisation anymore than I like the BBC

The naming and shaming of this guy is nothing to do with left or right wing, it transcends politics.

Are you implying that Rupert Murdoch behaved "inappropriately" when bouncing wilfred on his knee  ?  I would be very careful if I were you?

Are you implying that I am a journalist at the Daily Mail? I would be very careful if I were you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/mps-sexual-misconduct-allegations-westminster-26784786

56 MPs under investigation for sexual misconduct allegations a year ago and how much more of this have we heard - about nothing. Certainly not over-zealous.

There has recently been allegations of rape (from an anonymous very detailed email) against George Osborne but the story has disappeared in the wake of the Edwards story.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/george-osborne-wants-police-investigate-111700562.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEZ9mMXQwZr4XvvkqNa6jNlkpvdt1q-_zoBJ5eO92ihByIiM9oORkhyIPsjSVhoueyObRp6Uzs2SjGJZZHy8FydukueNaIv7Ag6TcoDW4SRhj53UBG5ZMftqgBhjljq2wLZuXnX-FAhpgCzh5FKvaqy4O2ZZnwdO46sH5tWovVzc

first i have heard of this but the link you posted to implies that the allegations are false and are part of a prolonged online hate campaign against osborn

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you implying that I am a journalist at the Daily Mail? I would be very careful if I were you.

Apologies It did not show as a link on my Pc !

Any way I have since clicked on it, Never visited the mail online before, so i had a bit of a browse, it wasn't long before I found another article there regarding Edwards  and eventually I stumbled on the following quote,  I laughed out loud..

Sitting on the news show's panel, the BBC's culture editor Katie Razzall then said: 'This will come as a huge shock to viewers.' 

She said that her colleague was 'a man who has embodied BBC values'.

Well bearing in mind the "values he supposedly embodies" I for one am not in the least bit surprised

Its certainly not just a rightwing issue,,,

Lefty Robert Peston. who's appalling radio show is actually produced by Edwards' wife ! started off by praising her

'immense strength' after she shared a statement on her husband's behalf out of 'concern for his mental wellbeing'.   yeah right she effectively, publicly grassed him up

He then went on to read a "pre prepared " statement that sounded like a scathing obituary

Apparently there were rumours of "honors," just like saville eh?  i sense a trend developing here

And then...

." Because we thought we knew Huw — so solid and steady and dependable, a worthy heir to the broadcasting legacy of David Dimbleby.That’s why millions will be stunned to learn he is the man accused of paying a youngster for intimate pictures."

Looks like Peston and Edwards ,no doubt soon to be Ex missis, (and also his boss)  are distancing themselves  from him as best they can. and who could blame him

And as far as repercussions go there are now serious calls for a government inquiry 

Oh deary deary me He's  toast, its all here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12292325/BBC-scandal-LIVE-Veteran-newsreader-Huw-Edwards-named-presenter-centre-allegations.html

• Thanks 1

There appears to be a reluctance to state whether he was targeting young women or men.

I wonder why that would be a problem?

Wifey is being very loyal - misplaced, probably.

The pronouns they' and 'them' have been constantly used while referring to one person.

Not 'he' or 'she'.

Could be 'binary' or 'it', I suppose........

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

first i have heard of this but the link you posted to implies that the allegations are false and are part of a prolonged online hate campaign against osborn

In the words of Mandy Rice-Davis ..."He would say that, wouldn't he?"

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

In the words of Mandy Rice-Davis ..."He would say that, wouldn't he?"

More like in the words of yourself"                          

But he would say that  if it was true for sure ! I don't like osborne any more than the others, He may well be lying , and it would be a pretty weak defence, unless of course he can show evidence in the form of some sort of digital "paper trail" abusive emails and such like.which I'm assuming he can if it is true.

If that is the only evidence against him it is only to be expected that he has not been charged I'm sure the police have, or are looking ,a bit deeper. If you know more why didn't you come forward and help them with their investigations. 

But you don't do you, and     "He must be guilty because he is a tory, and I don't like tories"      is hardly enough for the police to secure a conviction. 

I am always suspicious of allegations of multiple rapes, why did the woman in question maintain contact with him after the first time?  did he keep her locked in a basement ? and why is there no DNA evidence

Edited by Bday Prang

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Almost certainly a male if they are refusing to say. The similarities to the Schofield case are actually uncanny. How long before "unwise but not illegal" is trotted out?

There certainly seems to have been an element of grooming/abuse of power/threatening electronic messaging here although it looks like The Met are doing everything they can to avoid bringing charges given the shared political outlook and somewhat cozy relationship they have with The BBC. 

My guess as to how this ends? The mental health card will expire in about 3 weeks, followed by a heartfelt interview by a sympathetic colleague, no police charges and he disappears from The BBC probably with a huge retirement package (funded by the British public). The Gravy Train must not be stopped. The BBC have a long history of dealing with this type of behaviour from it's employees (now then now then), they'll know how to "fix it".

Could not have put it any better myself,  I am rather doubtful that he will get any public support from his family, but that won't matter after a few more tearful tributes from his peers, and the tame mental health professionals have had their say

As they say "the devil looks after his own"

But in the very likely event that further allegations are proved to be true, and it looks likely to threaten their very existence, as indeed it might, bearing in mind the calls for a parliamentary debate, they will have no hesitation in dropping him like a hot brick hanging him out to dry in an act of desperate self preservation.

He will have suddenly "fallen short of the standards required" or "behaved contrary to BBC values" etc etc blah blah blah and of course "procedures will be reviewed" again  and "safeguards put in place" again to ensure it can never happen again. Again

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I have no doubt that Edwards has done some stupid things here and his career is certainly finished, but this baying for blood is just pathetic. 

I dont think anyone is baying for blood. We just want to see justice done. Being a high ranking BBC comrade should not make you above the law and it does appear he has broken laws (even though the police are clearly reluctant to act).

17 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Most men are guilty of being lead by their little head more often than not, just look at how many of them end up in Thailand!???? 

Speak for yourself buddy. I'm here for the temples and the basket weaving.

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2023 at 6:03 AM, Bundooman said:

There appears to be a reluctance to state whether he was targeting young women or men.

I wonder why that would be a problem?

Wifey is being very loyal - misplaced, probably.

The pronouns they' and 'them' have been constantly used while referring to one person.

Not 'he' or 'she'.

Could be 'binary' or 'it', I suppose........

The Sun paid Samantha Fox a fortune for topless pictures when she was 16. 

Rather hypocritical, unless the people this guy bought pictures from were underage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 1:36 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

The Met are doing everything they can to avoid bringing charges given the shared political outlook and somewhat cozy relationship they have with The BBC.

More unfounded conspiracy nonsense.

It's really interesting to compare the weeks long vitriol towards Dominic Cummins for allegedly breaking Covid lockdown rules to visit his family, compared to the sympathy for Huw Edward's allegedly doing the same thing to visit his teenage, wannabe (allegedly drug addicted) lover.

Could it be due to the fact that Edwards is a BBC luvvie whereas Cummins was a right wing Tory with links to Boris?

Surely not... no way this is in any way political...

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's really interesting to compare the weeks long vitriol towards Dominic Cummins for allegedly breaking Covid lockdown rules to visit his family, compared to the sympathy for Huw Edward's allegedly doing the same thing to visit his teenage, wannabe (allegedly drug addicted) lover.

Could it be due to the fact that Edwards is a BBC luvvie whereas Cummins was a right wing Tory with links to Boris?

I’ve not seen any sympathy for Edwards wrt to allegations of breaking COVID lockdowns.

That is unless any of us have mistaken a full front page headline in The Sun making the allegation as ‘sympathy’.

But if you want to compare, I’ll see your ‘Cummins’ and raise you Tory MP Andrew Rosindall, arrested on charges of rape in January 2022, investigations still ongoing, never named by the Met or the Tory Party and still held dearly close to the Tory Party, despite being banned from the Parliament Estate for over a year.

Surely if the BBC should have named Huw Edwards, accused of sexual misconduct but with no crime committed, then the Tories should have named Rosindall, arrested for rape and still under police investigation?!

The Express yesterday reported the naming of Rosindall but has since ‘pulled’ their article.

https://blackislemedia.com/2023/03/27/tory-mp-andrew-rosindell-bailed-by-police-for-fourth-time-in-rape-investigation/?amp

Edited by Chomper Higgot

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Correct. It's political. As can be seen by the post below.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve not seen any sympathy for Edwards wrt to allegations of breaking COVID lockdowns.

That is unless any of us have mistaken a full front page headline in The Sun making the allegation as ‘sympathy’.

But if you want to compare, I’ll see your ‘Cummins’ and raise you Tory MP Andrew Rosindall, arrested on charges of rape in January 2022, investigations still ongoing, never named by the Met or the Tory Party and still held dearly close to the Tory Party, despite being banned from the Parliament Estate for over a year.

Surely if the BBC should have named Huw Edwards, accused of sexual misconduct but with no crime committed, then the Tories should have named Rosindall, arrested for rape and still under police investigation?!

The Express yesterday reported the naming of Rosindall but has since ‘pulled’ their article.

https://blackislemedia.com/2023/03/27/tory-mp-andrew-rosindell-bailed-by-police-for-fourth-time-in-rape-investigation/?amp

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because my post provides zero sympathy for Edwards wrt to allegations of him breaking COVID lockdown?

What a strange evidence of ‘political’ that is.

No. Because you used a specific case of one specific political party. 

For balance, you could have included the current and ongoing investigation into a Labour MP for sexual harrassment. You didn't and that speaks volumes 

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. Because you used a specific case of one specific political party. 

For balance, you could have included the current and ongoing investigation into a Labour MP for sexual harrassment. You didn't and that speaks volumes 

Except his name has been published, not hidden and he’s had the Labour Party Whip removed, not been kept within the Party. Out with the Party, he’s not been arrested for rape, nor is he under police investigation for rape.

Which, as you say, speaks volumes.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-labour-mp-geraint-davies-loses-whip-over-sexual-harassment-allegations/amp/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Except his name has been published, not hidden and he’s had the Labour Party Whip removed, not been kept within the Party. Out with the Party, he’s not been arrested for rape, nor is he under police investigation for rape.

Which, as you say, speaks volumes.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-labour-mp-geraint-davies-loses-whip-over-sexual-harassment-allegations/amp/

You are obviously referring to a different case.

So, that's two cases you failed to post about for balance.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-says-opposition-frontbencher-still-in-post-despite-being-reported-to-police-for-alleged-sexual-assault-12895013

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You are obviously referring to a different case.

So, that's two cases you failed to post about for balance.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-says-opposition-frontbencher-still-in-post-despite-being-reported-to-police-for-alleged-sexual-assault-12895013

How would I mention it if I was not aware of it?

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This thread is about Edwards and the way the BBC covered it, not Conservative party announcements so stop trying to divert the conversation. Their coverage of Cummins for essentially taking a detour was disgraceful, especially given the sympathy shown towards Edwards for allegedly far worse behaviour (including the same offense of breaking lockdown but with many layers of sleazy behaviour laid on top).

Compare this hit piece from Maitlis to the sympathetic Edwards coverage...

Show me an equivalent hit piece from the BBC on Edwards. Here's a clue, there isn't one. Once again, they are showing political bias and looking after one of their own. Just like they did with the cigar smoking shell suit donning fixer.

And yes, the BBC did report on Rosindall. They were hardly going to miss that opportunity, were they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61487215

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

This thread is about Edwards and the way the BBC covered it, not Conservative party announcements so stop trying to divert the conversation. Their coverage of Cummins for essentially taking a detour was disgraceful, especially given the sympathy shown towards Edwards for allegedly far worse behaviour (including the same offense of breaking lockdown but with many layers of sleazy behaviour laid on top).

Compare this hit piece from Maitlis to the sympathetic Edwards coverage...

Show me an equivalent hit piece from the BBC on Edwards. Here's a clue, there isn't one. Once again, they are showing political bias and looking after one of their own. Just like they did with the cigar smoking shell suit donning fixer.

And yes, the BBC did report on Rosindall. They were hardly going to miss that opportunity, were they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61487215

So why did you interject Cummings.

Twice!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So why did you interject Cummings.

Twice!

Because it shows the massive inconsistency between the sympathetic way the BBC reports on one of it's own (Edwards) compared to the way it vitroilically reports on someone from the other side of the political spectrum (Cummins). 

I would have thought that was obvious dear.

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Because it shows the massive inconsistency between the sympathetic way the BBC reports on one of it's own (Edwards) compared to the way it vitroilically reports on someone from the other side of the political spectrum (Cummins). 

I would have thought that was obvious dear.

Nah it doesn’t.