Vices needed in life

bignok

On 7/13/2023 at 11:30 AM, Kwasaki said:

Everyone gets bored at some time or other, you just do something about it.

I just live my life on balanced basis as I get older you get to know your limitations.

I have 3 month check ups at the local hospital clinic to keep a eye on my health which is reassuring.

I don't like to get being overweight so I try keep to my height weight and still eat what I like now and again but less of it.

I drink beer in moderation every day because I like it and don't drink spirits.

I have my hobbies to and do some maintenance on our farmland and the house, so basically it's just a case of keeping yourself busy.

Does drinking alcohol every day not mean a problem, would it be possible for you to have two no beer drinking days a week?

On 7/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, Lacessit said:

I've given up alcohol entirely, have very little coffee and ice-cream.

OTOH, I have no intention of giving up golf and sex. IMO golf is better, less expensive and I can play for longer.

What is OTOH? Another poster who thinks he is texting on his smartphone.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Does drinking alcohol every day not mean a problem, would it be possible for you to have two no beer drinking days a week?

Having one or two beers or drinks a day does not make one an alcoholic any more than having sex every day makes one a sex addict. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

On The Other Hand.

If I Recall Correctly ( IIRC )

In My Experience ( IME )

Your Mileage May Vary ( YMMV )

And one especially for you, DILLIGAS. or DILLIGAF.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Having one or two beers or drinks a day does not make one an alcoholic any more than having sex every day makes one a sex addict. 

IMO anyone who has to drink every day definitely has a problem although not necessary an alcoholic.

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Have you tried stopping? I mean, for good? Not the sex, but the beer. I think you'd be surprised just how difficult it is.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

On The Other Hand.

In My Experience ( IME )

I'm not going to learn all that nonsense posting on a forum, may some posters should not be so lazy.

Just now, NoshowJones said:

IMO anyone who has to drink every day definitely has a problem although not necessary an alcoholic.

There is a distinct difference between one that has a drink every day, and one that has to drink every day. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I'm not going to learn all that nonsense posting on a forum, may some posters should not be so lazy.

If you are too lazy to learn, why should I be diligent in avoiding acronyms to placate you?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

Some might call it a problem I can leave it alone if I have to for say taking medication but I enjoy my couple beers everyday.

Also once or twice a week ride my motorbike to meet with English speaking friends to intereact and have a beer with.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

On The Other Hand.

In My Experience ( IME )

Just say the sentence without it.

8 hours ago, bignok said:

Black Adder, Mr Bean, Seinfeld good shows.

Nothing good since then.

Clint Eastwood made some good films 15-20 years ago.

Can't think of anything for years.

1970 to 2010 was the golden era for tv, music and film. Nothing of note since. All been done.

Archie Bunker and George Jefferson????????

On 7/13/2023 at 10:41 AM, bignok said:

Does life get boring if you give up things like chocolate, ice cream and alcohol?

Or can you live a plain life and be happy?

Why need to give up any of these when you have a 9/10 wife?????? 

or that also doesnt make u happy these days....seems your diet keeps you fit as well....

On 7/13/2023 at 10:51 AM, anchadian said:

Or you can spend your retirement in Thailand 24 hrs a day on a public discussion board.

Definitely not for me.

with a wife at home whom he claims is a 9/10!!!   makes sense to me!........................................../s

40 minutes ago, bignok said:

My friends just drink and whinge

friends are reflections of ourselves.............indeed

is the Mrs happy you leave her in the Ivory tower alone.....so u hang with friends who whinge(?) and leave a 9/10 wife back home alone?..........makes sense

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

But.... um...

So IMO is okay, then? Is there a list anywhere of which acronyms are and are not acceptable? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I will post as I want, you can do the same. I only accept instruction from moderators.

haha...good one.....hes having a bad day in the Ivory Tower....must be the 9/10 wife he claims to have as they can be high maintenance....   Big Nok is feeling a little deflated these days.....Sad!

On 7/13/2023 at 11:30 AM, Kwasaki said:

Everyone gets bored at some time or other, you just do something about it.

I just live my life on balanced basis as I get older you get to know your limitations.

I have 3 month check ups at the local hospital clinic to keep a eye on my health which is reassuring.

I don't like to get being overweight so I try keep to my height weight and still eat what I like now and again but less of it.

I drink beer in moderation every day because I like it and don't drink spirits.

I have my hobbies to and do some maintenance on our farmland and the house, so basically it's just a case of keeping yourself busy.

+1 Keeping the mind and body active is paramount, it doesn’t matter what activities, walking, reading, martial arts, saying hi to strangers and sparking up a conversation. It’s a matter of initiative. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, novacova said:

+1 Keeping the mind and body active is paramount, it doesn’t matter what activities, walking, reading, martial arts, saying hi to strangers and sparking up a conversation. It’s a matter of initiative. 

Concur, you can still find the moment for anything according to mood but always listen to your body. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

friends are reflections of ourselves.............indeed

is the Mrs happy you leave her in the Ivory tower alone.....so u hang with friends who whinge(?) and leave a 9/10 wife back home alone?..........makes sense

7 posts in a row. Trolling much?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, novacova said:

Sounds like my daily routine!  yay

30 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

haha...good one.....hes having a bad day in the Ivory Tower....must be the 9/10 wife he claims to have as they can be high maintenance....   Big Nok is feeling a little deflated these days.....Sad!

He does have one saving grace, he usually keeps his posts short.

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

But.... um...

So IMO is okay, then? Is there a list anywhere of which acronyms are and are not acceptable? 

What a load of nonsense, use a bit of common sense, if some big words have been used previously in the same thread then OK. Got it? Too many posters just make up their own acronyms.

• Confused 1