German expat in Thailand faces death penalty for premeditated murder

webfact

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Cell accommodation has toilet facilities, they don't have to hold it from the 4pm lock up to 6am next day!

Yeah, one, usually visible,  squat toilet for up to 90 men,  apart from urinating, some prefer to not bother and wait until the morning.

And calling them ' facilities ' is generous.

• Like 2

At the end of the end ' Olaf's goose is cooked '

He has n o chance of getting out of this one. The others, now that the police have a ' fall guy ' and if they can cobble together enough money, might have a chance of getting out of this mess.

It sums up his character being caught hiding in a Hells Angels clubhouse.

It doesn't speak much for the company kept by the dead guy either.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He seems to be struggling to move well.... perhaps the result of being in hiding. But without a weapon, he must have had help to commit the crime. Also dubious publicity for  Australian MC Clubs.

If you weighed 170kgs you would struggle to walk to

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

You sure he was 170Kgs?   That's a bloody lot of weight!

He looked a big lump but not 170kgs. Anyway, there's always an upside ????, he can start training with the Nigerian drug dealers when he finally gets to the Bangkok jail ( Lad Yao or Bang Kwang),.......... the weight will drop off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

You sure he was 170Kgs?   That's a bloody lot of weight!

He looked a big lump but not 170kgs. Anyway, there's always an upside ????, he can start training with the Nigerian drug dealers when he finally gets to the Bangkok jail ( Lad Yao or Bang Kwang),.......... the weight will drop off.

150 minimum look at that gut

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps you mixed with the wrong type of chums...????

Old fat boomers feeling entitled and taking too much space are not my type of guy. Especially not those from Scandinavia, North America or Northern Germany!
Protestant missionaries are not my type either!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

I probably would... but he seemed almost disabled... as I mentioned, perhaps hiding in a closet for a while made him somewhat stiffened. The murdered guy looked to be fit, so perhaps I was playing amateur detective!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

Because if he is on say, a retirement visa, there will likely be stiffer scrutiny of applicants.

He [Big Chok] ordered that information be gathered about all gangs in the Pattaya area and living in Nong Prue, Chonburi Province and that foreigners who come to live in Thailand without a job, riding a Harley Davidson, posing in a gang tattoo, and on a retirement visa be monitored. Immigration officers should revoke their visas and return them via immigration processes.”

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/07/14/police-to-eliminate-all-gangs-in-pattaya-after-german-murder/

This is the Big Chok who "solved" the agent no funds visa issue, not by rooting out "corrupt" IO's, but by making retirement extension holders keep 400k year 'round - kinda like solving the problem of a car theft gang, not by going after the gang but by wheel clamping everybody's car so that they couldn't be stolen.

Expect further tightening/document requirements such as 'no criminal record' as with teachers.

Good luck riding your 'Boomer on a Government pension' Harley about town.

He missed that the professional criminal was "de facto" working on a retirement extension, although it could be argued his chain saw usage was "exerting himself destructively" rather than "constructively"

'without a job, riding a Harley Davidson, posing in a gang tattoo, and on a retirement visa'

Job and retirement visa are mutually exclusive, or are we going to get rejected for not having a job when we go to renew, now?

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

As for myself, yes I am "club" and proud of it.

There are Motorcycle Clubs like the ones in Manhattan for lawyers/bankers etc   and there are Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs HA, Bandidos, etc and, why gosh, Outlaws.

21 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

I met him a few times briefly a few years ago before he relocated to Cambodia just before Covid.  He used to come to eat and have a few beers at the g/f's restaurant because he was sweet on a girl that was renting a room from her.  He wasn't the most talkative guy but those in the MC world rarely are to outsiders until they get to know them.  On the other hand, he didn't immediately come across as an obvious bad person.

He seems childish.  You can see who club house motiff of skull and cross bones, it is like teenagers room. There he was hiding in the corner, again like a child.

This is what happens, people do not grow up, he was stuck in his childhood, in a psychosis, unable to comprehend reality fully.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1