German expat in Thailand faces death penalty for premeditated murder

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I typed rather too fast.... perhaps more accurate to  say the rich rarely do!

Talking of old chestnuts, how ya doing?

Absolutely, the more money you have and connections with certain people makes it much less likely that you would spend any time in jail. There is plenty of evidence, lets ask 'Boss' the Red Bull Heir?????

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

He seems childish.  You can see who club house motiff of skull and cross bones, it is like teenagers room. There he was hiding in the corner, again like a child.

This is what happens, people do not grow up, he was stuck in his childhood, in a psychosis, unable to comprehend reality fully.

So he will be able to claim 'insanity'?

• Haha 1

Incredibly gruesome pictures of the deceased businessman are being circulated among online groups. His head and other cut up body parts (still in frozen state) are piled on the floor with clear faces of forensic team personnel facing the camera. Someone has leaked those pictures and it would be beyond devastating if his family members see those photos.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Incredibly gruesome pictures of the deceased businessman are being circulated among online groups. His head and other cut up body parts (still in frozen state) are piled on the floor with clear faces of forensic team personnel facing the camera. Someone has leaked those pictures and it would be beyond devastating if his family members see those photos.

Yeah I've got that photo, no way I'm sharing it. Not surprised it leaked out eventually 

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

There are Motorcycle Clubs like the ones in Manhattan for lawyers/bankers etc   and there are Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs HA, Bandidos, etc and, why gosh, Outlaws.

The ones you refer to for lawyers/bankers are most probably rider clubs which are nothing more than a bunch of like minded people who just enjoy riding together.  If you were a member and needed any kind of serious help, you would soon find that your new found friends are nowhere to be seen.

Any club that wears a 3 piece backpatch is a MC and technically 1% whether they wear the 1% patch or not.  As such they expect to be tested by other clubs at some point and will stand their ground to protect the club and patch.  Whilst all MC's follow the exact same protocol and rules, the larger more well known ones are referred to as "outlaw" clubs.  This is just a term used by the police and media for their own gains and whilst its origins does date back to an incident in Hollister not long after the second world war, this definition is extremely outdated in today's world.

11 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what purpose would there be for joining one of these clubs? the camaraderie? club discounts at the local golf course?

even if only 5% of club members engage in criminal activity, why would a law-abiding citizen want to associate with this group? 

a normal person will generally cut off ties with someone once they get wind that they are involved in criminal activity. here, you are trapped in the club and they are your friends regardless of what they do. makes no sense. 

Firstly thanks for your reply, it seems a genuine enquiry to understand why we do what we do and I have no problem replying as honestly as I can.

People decide to become part of a MC for individual reasons and I could write 2 pages here which still wouldn't cover all possibilities.  Often I have wondered as to what exactly brings us together.

My own personal view is that we all have some sort of objection to society's expectations, that say that at this age you should be doing this and at that age you should be doing that.  It doesn't automatically make us bad people though.

I suppose we all like to live a bit dangerously and the freedom it brings.  And before someone chirps up with some clever comment about this guys lack of freedom at the moment and for the foreseeable future, as stated previously I don't think this is club related.  We still like to party and raise a little hell regardless of our age and society's expectations.

We have an extremely low tolerance of fake people (keyboard warriors included) and the bullsh*t that they bring, this applying to the authorities as well.  Our word is our bond and we are true to it, whether it be good or bad.

We are brought together initially by our love of motorcycles and as you state, when riding together this brings a lot of camaraderie but it goes a lot deeper than this.

Personally as a member I don't have any problems in life.  If I have a problem, whether it be financial, emotional or otherwise, it becomes the club's problem and it will be dealt with between us all, whether it be just by support or other means for more serious matters.  The club becomes your family but it is a family that will never let you down.  When I explained this to my daughter-in-law once after she asked questions similar to yourself, even she commented that I was extremely lucky to have the people around me that I do.

Yes as you state, there is always the chance that could get pulled in by the law by association for something illegal one of your brothers has done but if you have no knowledge of their dealings, then you can't be guilty.  It may cost you a day down the local nick but that is something that we are willing to tolerate for the sake of the club.  On this point though, a member will never involve any of his brothers in any of his dealings outside of club that he doesn't want to be involved with and should you accidentally hear something that you don't want to be part of, you can just make your excuses, walk away and this will be respected.  The only exception to this being where a brother may have been wronged by someone whereby it will be dealt with by the club as a whole and there is no getting out of this.  Again though, this and the possible repercussions is something that you accept as part of the club.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

bet if one of them forensic peeps was smoking a dart the pic would have been blurred !!

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, Olaf was arrested in a bar with Outlaw on the wall

"Outlaws MC" is the name of just one of the largest and oldest clubs worldwide.  The term outlaw motorcycle club is used by the authorities to describe both this and many others.

You should try educating yourself before commenting, your naivety might not be so profound then? 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

Here in Thailand, not the same squeamishness exists with regards to injury, death, or privacy. Very often, you can see the gruesome aftermath of accidents or murders in the news.

Actually, a very large part of the religion is meditating on one's own personal mortality, and on that of everybody else. It is just another, quite unavoidable step in the process of life.

While I might agree that such pictures will be upsetting for friends or family of the deceased, they are a simple reflection of the actual reality. I prefer this much to the overburdening protections of western nations, where a coddled public is becoming increasingly unfit for life without being in a constant 'safe space', protected from even the tiniest chance of a 'micro-agression'.

There exists the possibility of acting with personal responsibility, eg. not consuming media accounts where such pictures are likely.

In the case of Mack, he seems to not have been quite the innocent. Maybe reflecting on his business contacts a little bit more might have done a lot more to prevent his family from being subjected to pictures of the result, than censoring media afterwards (which does not imply, that he deserved to become a victim of violent crime, but sometimes people think clearly much too little about the possible consequences of their lifestyle with regard to the loved ones around them).

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

"Outlaws MC" is the name of just one of the largest and oldest clubs worldwide.  The term outlaw motorcycle club is used by the authorities to describe both this and many others.

You should try educating yourself before commenting, your naivety might not be so profound then? 

you missed the point, if the term is only used by authorities why was it on the wall? maybe clubs like the term

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you missed the point, if the term is only used by authorities why was it on the wall? maybe clubs like the term

You need to distinguish between "Outlaws MC" which is the name of a club and the term "outlaw motorcycle club".  If you look closely at the photo, you will see MC after Outlaws?  Google them both and all will be revealed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Trip Hop said:

You need to distinguish between "Outlaws MC" which is the name of a club and the term "outlaw motorcycle club".  If you look closely at the photo, you will see MC after Outlaws?  Google them both and all will be revealed.

I'm not that interested, but it's clear the terms Outlaws isn't just used by media etc

15 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Statistics are wonderful things in that you can manipulate different outcomes just by adjusting the criteria/weighting.

My point was that there is good and bad everywhere and in everyone, whether it be race. religion et all.  To tar everyone as the same just because of their associations is very narrow minded indeed.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of MC club members that are engaged in criminal activity.  However, excluding the occasional fight or similar, the majority are not and are actually quite normal people outside of "club" with a lot of them being legitimate businessmen.

Personally I know a MC member that is covered in tattoos from the neck down/wrist up but is also a medical professional.  Are you saying that he is not fit to treat someone just because of his club ties or to put it another way, would you refuse his treatment if you or a member of your close family was dying?

Another is very high up in local education and both his pupils and their parents rave about how good he is?  He has been "club" for the best part of 35 years.

As for myself, yes I am "club" and proud of it.  I'm also a consulting engineer that generates a legitimate income in the top 5% back home in Blighty.  As the old adage goes, you should never judge a book by its cover?

The thing is that everyone including the BIB automatically assumes that this incident is club related?  Personally I don't at present but will stand to be corrected should more information at a later date confirm this to be the case? 

Yeah they are all normal nice guys, the same with the former president that died after he married in Pai right. That there are some normal people in it too, or in home countries, says zero about this specific club and them in Thailand.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, ezzra said:

I see he's wearing a Covid face mask, by now, contracting Covid would be the least of his huge problems.

Police must have put it on him because when he was hand cuffed he did not have a mask. Probably not to risk getting from him.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:18 AM, Rachel de France said:

Old fat boomers feeling entitled and taking too much space are not my type of guy. Especially not those from Scandinavia, North America or Northern Germany!
Protestant missionaries are not my type either!

Really, oh well................:coffee1: