Trump praises judge overseeing his classified documents case, saying she ‘loves our country’

Social Media

image.png

Former President Trump praised the judge overseeing his classified documents case as his legal team seeks a postponement of his trial in Florida.

Trump’s motion for a continuance of the trial, filed last Monday, awaits a decision by Judge Aileen Cannon, an appointee of the former president who presided over his initial challenge to the FBI search of his Florida home.  

Asked on “Sunday Morning Futures” on Fox News whether he believes the judge will grant the motion, Trump said he did not know.

“I know it’s a very highly respected judge. A very smart judge, and a very strong judge,” Trump said.

When host Maria Bartiromo noted that Trump appointed the judge in the case, Trump said, “I did, and I’m very proud to have appointed her.”

“But she’s very smart and very strong, and loves our country,” Trump said. “We need judges that love our country so they do the right thing.”

Cannon was confirmed as a district judge in the Southern District of Florida with a bipartisan vote in November 2020.

FULL STORY

image.png

• Haha 2

The story characteriized Aileen Cannon's approval by the Senate as a bipartisan vote. Actually, only 12 Democratic Senators voted to support her nomination.

https://www.newsweek.com/these-12-democrats-voted-confirm-judge-granted-trump-special-master-fbi-mar-lago-1740028

I would think if you're going to characterize a vote as truly bipartisan than a majority of the members of a particular party ought to have voted in support. Since even one Democratic vote in favor could, by the criterion of this article, be classified as bipartisan, it seems misleading at best. Especially since the vote supporting her nomination could have been characterized as having succeeded despite overwhelming Democratic opposition in the Senate. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Of course.  Every comment Trump makes has an ulterior motive.  As soon as she makes a ruling against him, he will declare her to be a RINO leftist communist who hates America. 

Trump cares nothing about America. He cares only about himself. 

• Thumbs Up 2