Can someone please tell me what sort of bank account this is?   It’s been emailed to me from my brothers lawyer.  I’ve had my whole inheritance stolen from my fathers estate . What does the FC stand for because I understand there is a FCD account but FC I don’t know 

Edited by Rimmer
Banking detail removed
  • Confused 3

What is the full form of FC account?

An account maintained in a foreign bank in the currency of the country in which the bank is located. When such accounts are kept, they usually represent that portion of the carrying bank´s foreign currency account that is in excess of its contractual requirements.

It's basically a Foreign Currency account.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

They won’t tell me anything because I’m not the executor of the will but I’m an equal beneficiary.  But then again my emails have been hacked so who knows.  Is there a probate register that I could check in Thailand ?  Thanks guys.  Also can anyone inbox and I’ll send a couple of documents and maybe you might know if they’re fraudulent or not.  The embassy confirmed one is fraudulent but police won’t do anything here in Australia.  And over there I’m no hope. 

4 hours ago, Ripped90 said:

Can someone please tell me what sort of bank account this is?   It’s been emailed to me from my brothers lawyer.  I’ve had my whole inheritance stolen from my fathers estate . What does the FC stand for because I understand there is a FCD account but FC I don’t know 

2 hours ago, aublumberg said:

FC is a Fixed Deposit Account. SC is a Savings Deposit Account. 

Yeap....my Bangkok Bank passbook regular saving accounts reflect a SC and when I did fixed savings account years ago those old Bangkok Bank passbook reflect a FC.   

I don't know what the code would be for a foreign currency acct but FC might not be it as others have mentioned since Bangkok Bank uses FC for their Thai baht fixed savings accounts.  Then again maybe Bangkok Bank also uses FC for accounts other than fixed savings accounts.

Here is what "use" to be on the Bangkok Bank website years ago regarding the process/documentation related to death of an account holder and what a foreign relative needed to do to access those funds.  Now their website just says to contact Bangkok Bank for process/documentation requirements which are probably still the same as below.

image.png.795cc7764264654bbedc6ab475147f89.png

• Thanks 1