The latest US-North Korea spat is a high-risk moment for Biden

Social Media

image.png

North Korea hasn't been much of a foreign policy priority for Joe Biden's administration since he took office in January 2021, but recent escalating tensions on the Korean peninsula are moving it up the list.

Now, with the detention of a US soldier who crossed the border in the demilitarised zone (DMZ), the situation could be turning into a full-blown crisis, the type of which the Biden administration has been trying to avoid.

The incident comes on the day that a US nuclear missile submarine, the USS Kentucky, arrived in the South Korean port of Busan - a visible demonstration of US military strength that had angered the North Koreans.

The move was a US response to more than a hundred new North Korean missile tests over the past few years that suggest the nation's nuclear-delivery technologies continue to advance - possibly putting the US mainland well within range of a North Korean strike. North Korea is also reportedly considering a new nuclear weapons test, which would be the first since a 140 kiloton blast in September 2017.

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

Yea I kinda like how he handed it with a nuclear armed sub paying a visit for the first time in 40 years much better than making kissey kissey with that murderous thug as far as the GI crossing over he’s an idiot you can’t fix stupid that beeing said I hope we get him back in one piece 

24 minutes ago, Tug said:

Jee that’s not how the diplomatic core felt about it he was played like a fish flushed 40 years of effort down the toilet for a cheep photo op and made  our country a laughing stock I prefer what Biden did a show of force for Kim just so he knows what’s in store for him and a show of unity with our allies 

Denial ain't just a river in Africa

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Denial ain't just a river in Africa

Oh jee I’m thinking more along the line of walk softly but carry a big stick if you are familiar with American culture and history you will understand 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh you mean that weird one sided  love affair that elevated the status of Kim with the US getting nothing in return. 

Whaddya mean? Trump got to take a romantic bro stroll with Kim in the demilitarized zone. And he cherishes his connection with Kim so much that he stole the letters sent to him by Kim.

• Haha 2