Russian Women Arrested in Phuket for Allegedly Providing Salon and Nail Services

webfact

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'm sure they could communicate more with their customers than just: "Hello you...", and "How much you give me?"

I bet Thais could do this kind of work cheaper, provided that there are enough these days willing to do it at all.

Err, you never noticed thai nail salons then? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I personally don't use them, but I noticed staff shortages in other industries, particularly after the pandemic.

So whats the go with the supposed conversation  banter "Hello you, howmuch you give me".... putdown? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Only stupid people will engage in prohibited works, probably they were told not to worry because they have got the authorities issue covered but it seems that they were wrong.

Yes. Likely the small brown envelope got lost in the post.????????

for some [unknown] reason there are "concerned foreigners" who post and snitch to police. Why do they do it? 

I'd heard stories about such <deleted> since last century:
german guy deported for installing Windows 95

dutchman painted fence

polish helped to test motherboards and memory planks

russian went to IDC for helping owner of the bar to set the playlist of youtube videos

french spent a week in jail for participating in EvilAngel production in Pattaya

What a threat to Thai Economy!

48 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So whats the go with the supposed conversation  banter "Hello you, howmuch you give me".... putdown? 

Maybe the Russians could speak better English. Another example, went to Tops (which does have foreign customers), asked staff #1 where I can find mashed potatoes, answer: "No English" and she just walked away... I asked staff #2. Puzzled face. She asked staff #3, who suggested to me potato chips... (Both didn't understand any English either.) - My point is that business done by knowledgable and English-speaking staff is better than no tourism income, and tourists returning home telling everyone: "Gee, we couldn't even find a good salon and nail service in Thailand. Let's try Bali or ****** instead next time..."

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

for some [unknown] reason there are "concerned foreigners" who post and snitch to police. Why do they do it? 

I'd heard stories about such <deleted> since last century:
german guy deported for installing Windows 95

dutchman painted fence

polish helped to test motherboards and memory planks

russian went to IDC for helping owner of the bar to set the playlist of youtube videos

french spent a week in jail for participating in EvilAngel production in Pattaya

What a threat to Thai Economy!

They use the excuse that it makes life harder for them…. curtain twitchers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Only stupid people will engage in prohibited works, probably they were told not to worry because they have got the authorities issue covered but it seems that they were wrong.

Social media does not help, giving the impression anyone can pack their job up, move here full time and do what they like.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish Thailand would wake up and allow foreigners to provide services to other foreigners.   

I'm sure their customers are other Russian women and part of their enjoyment of getting their nails done is being able to have a good chat with the nail artist. 

Sitting there in silence while some Thai woman does your nails would be boring as hell. 

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

<snip>
Sitting there in silence while some Thai woman does your nails would be boring as hell. 

Time for you to visit a nail salon. Sitting there in silence while a Thai women does your nails.

Lol.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Time for you to visit a nail salon. Sitting there in silence while a Thai women does your nails.

Lol.

If you don't speak Thai and have no interest in talking with someone who isn't your nationality then yes, boring as hell. 

My GF is Russian and I know she would prefer to spend an hour chatting in Russian with another Russian than try having a conversation with a Thai woman. 

What would she even have to talk about with a Thai?  The weather?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2