New record for fake products online

BenStark

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Just buy from WD. Anywhere else is a risk.

Depends on you doing due diligence. I bought this week a WD Green 250GB on Shopee for 419 baht shipping included.

Warranty by Synnex / JIB till June 29 2026, double checked on the Synnex and WD websites.

Cheapest I could find elsewhere, and that I could trust, was 666 baht + shipping

Edited by BenStark
Date correction
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, RayWright said:

Don't forget as you're buying in Thailand, the date would be in Buddist years, so that makes this 1480. Somewhat old stock, suggest you don't buy it as most likely the platters have rusted.

SSDs do not have Platters. ONLY YOU think so.  555

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

I know. I just thought I’d bring it before you sprung for a SATA drive. 
Also, some NVMe are also without DRAM. It’s a bit more complicated with PCIe drives. 

WD Blue is Nand, which is better than Dram, according to the research I could find

18 hours ago, BenStark said:

Depends on you doing due diligence. I bought this week a WD Green 250GB on Shopee for 419 baht shipping included.

Warranty by Synnex / JIB till June 29 2026, double checked on the Synnex and WD websites.

Cheapest I could find elsewhere, and that I could trust, was 666 baht + shipping

Open the case and check the drive inside you may be very surprised, I did and it was nothing like what was advertised. 

• Like 1

An acquaintance sent 3 WD HDDs away under warranty. It took months, but he got replacements. Nice. 
Two of my WD HDDs died. To me, the lost data is more important that replacement.

Now I only buy Seagate. And the drives connect via a docking station. 

19 hours ago, RayWright said:

Good point. Still wouldn't touch it. 

Mind you, New Tech does appear in old pictures and paintings, like Ferdinand Georg Waldmuller's 1860 picture 'The Expected One' with the girl holding an iPhone.

Screenshot_20230720-123109_Chrome.jpg.58dbcbd3e1146815d23b28ab3365a27c.jpg

Looks more like that dreaded Bibley Book than an iPhone.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Usually takes minimal research to sort out the fakes.  If something expensive, buy from manufacturer, or authorized resellers 'they link you to' ... not really rocket science.

On Lazada no brand is usually all you need to read, despite listed as Samsung etc and only use Lazmall for expensive items

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, RayWright said:

Good point. Still wouldn't touch it. 

Mind you, New Tech does appear in old pictures and paintings, like Ferdinand Georg Waldmuller's 1860 picture 'The Expected One' with the girl holding an iPhone.

Screenshot_20230720-123109_Chrome.jpg.58dbcbd3e1146815d23b28ab3365a27c.jpg

Holding a Prayer Book !

Have a look at this listing on Lazada

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sansumg-galaxy-tab-s8-12512gb-101-tablet-android-android-100-ram12gb-rom512gb-4g5g-full-hd-i3435287291-s12731427661.html?

Going on for years already, with so far more than 100 customers posting that it is fake, and doesn't even has the Samsung brand name as stated in the listing, yet Lazada has done anything?

• Confused 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:33 AM, BenStark said:

Have a look at this listing on Lazada

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sansumg-galaxy-tab-s8-12512gb-101-tablet-android-android-100-ram12gb-rom512gb-4g5g-full-hd-i3435287291-s12731427661.html?

Going on for years already, with so far more than 100 customers posting that it is fake, and doesn't even has the Samsung brand name as stated in the listing, yet Lazada has done anything?

What can Lazada do about that.  They're clearly advertising a "Sansumg", not a Samsung, how does anyone know that it's a fake Sansumg?