something to brighten your day very non political

kingstonkid

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Nothing to do with twerking, nobody did it when I went to ska and blues in the 80's they would probably have been laughed at, no evidence at all.

That’s the vocal style element covered. 
Twerking… Jamaican dance halls. Show me the Thai equivalent that precedes it. 
Your claim of Thais inventing it is looking increasingly lame. 
Twerk, Bounce etc All those ‘dance’ moves are from Jamaican dance halls. 

Edited by NextG

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

That’s the vocal style element covered. 
Twerking… Jamaican dance halls. Show me the Thai equivalent that precedes it. 
Your claim of Thais inventing it is looking increasingly lame. 
Twerk, Bounce etc All those ‘dance’ moves are from Jamaican dance halls. 

It was always about dancing, you were claiming Thais appropriated, then posted about vocals, nothing to do with it. As you are the one claiming Jamaicans came up with this 40 years ago it's up to you to put up the proof. Have you ever actually been in a Jamaican dance hall or blues?

15 minutes ago, proton said:

It was always about dancing, you were claiming Thais appropriated, then posted about vocals, nothing to do with it. As you are the one claiming Jamaicans came up with this 40 years ago it's up to you to put up the proof. Have you ever actually been in a Jamaican dance hall or blues?

I said the whole thing. That’s dancing and vocal style. 
I can post many videos on how it SHOULD be done, but you’d only try to deflect as usual. 

50 minutes ago, NextG said:

I said the whole thing. That’s dancing and vocal style. 
I can post many videos on how it SHOULD be done, but you’d only try to deflect as usual. 

That's not 40 years old is it, nobody was twerking in ska dances and reggae, old school does not mean 70's 80's it's later than that. Twerking had nothing to do with toasting. Cannot be traced in popular music before 1993 the bounce scene in New Orleans, that is when twerking was named and became popular, copied in the Caribbean. Of course Africans will claim they had been doing it for centuries!

33 minutes ago, NextG said:

If you want to look at ‘traditional’ origins, take a look at Mapouka dance. Nothing to do with Thailand at all. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone can borrow and try to make it their own. 

Not really the same as twerking and only in the Ivory coast in the 90's although people claim earlier. The whole cultural appropriation thing is utter nonsense. My original point was why copy others styles of music when your own are better and have more cultural resonance.

4 hours ago, proton said:

That's not 40 years old is it, nobody was twerking in ska dances and reggae, old school does not mean 70's 80's it's later than that. Twerking had nothing to do with toasting. Cannot be traced in popular music before 1993 the bounce scene in New Orleans, that is when twerking was named and became popular, copied in the Caribbean. Of course Africans will claim they had been doing it for centuries!

You don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about. You are just reading something and then quoting it here ????

Tweaking is just a name and it’s exactly like Mapouka and BumBum. The vocal style and dancing style don’t  have to have been born at the same time for Thais to copy the styles. 
I note that you have dropped the ridiculous statement of Thais inventing it ????

The reason why I know that you have no idea and that you’ve just read about it just now, is your reference to “popular music”. That’s exactly the point. When it already began to move to the mainstream. 
Get over it. You are loving the African influences. 

4 hours ago, proton said:

Not really the same as twerking and only in the Ivory coast in the 90's although people claim earlier. The whole cultural appropriation thing is utter nonsense. My original point was why copy others styles of music when your own are better and have more cultural resonance.

So tell the Thai girl when you go to see her, to stop copying the black music and dance styles and to just do original Thai music, you

ridiculous man ☺️

• 4 weeks later...