Foreign media report on Pita’s woes

webfact

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Given the almost total ignorance of World let alone European history in Thailand, I doubt that 90% even know who the Romanovs were, let alone what happened to them.

Sounds plausible except that this part of history was trumpeted all over Thailand during the Vietnam War, when Thailand was very paranoid about Communist incursion from Vietnam and Laos. There may be widespread ignorance of that history today, but at one time, The Thai government was making it VERY clear what the country could expect under Communism.

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Given the almost total ignorance of World let alone European history in Thailand, I doubt that 90% even know who the Romanovs were, let alone what happened to them.

What we would consider as "history" is simply not taught here.

Not only that. It does not surprize me concerning the Romanovs, but depending where you ask it might even get more strange. Ask any person regardless of age in the countryside who the Beatles were. Or anybody who Charlie Chaplin was. They have never heard of them.

33 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Not only that. It does not surprize me concerning the Romanovs, but depending where you ask it might even get more strange. Ask any person regardless of age in the countryside who the Beatles were. Or anybody who Charlie Chaplin was. They have never heard of them.

Quite simply they don't give a damn, this is not their culture but yours.