No milk today

clokwise

Just curious if anyone else has noticed that since late last week until today there has not been any full-fat milk for sale in any of the usual stores. Even the low-fat and lactose-free are in short supply. Not just one brand, all brands are gone. That's here in the San Sai area.

Last time I saw a shortage like this was a couple years ago when a major bakery had a huge COVID outbreak and there was no bread in the shops for over a week.

• Love It 1

At my nearby Family Mart in Jomtien, all the popular brands of whole milk were unavailable but the nameless brand with the black & white cow markings on the label was plentiful in 2 L size jugs.

I wonder if perhaps there is some kind of "job action" going on?

• Sad 1

A few months ago, my next door neighbor sold off their small herd of dairy cows. When asked why, they said that new quality control/health standards had been put in place which required them to purchase testing equipment which was prohibitively expensive for a small family farm, so they were forced to sell their herd. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

No milk today, my love has gone away
The bottle stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn
No milk today, it seems a common sight
But people passing by don't know the reason why

That tune went through my head too as I read this post, Ha-ha

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, dddave said:

At my nearby Family Mart in Jomtien, all the popular brands of whole milk were unavailable but the nameless brand with the black & white cow markings on the label was plentiful in 2 L size jugs.

I wonder if perhaps there is some kind of "job action" going on?

My wifes daughter in Bangkok went out and bought 8 smaller 830ml Dutch Mill full milk and is sending to me here in Uttaradit . I contacted Dutch Mill asking what's going on and all i got was yes some areas are experiencing shortages and sorry for any inconvenience .

S__16474212.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’ve noticed this for many months already. So annoying. Hate buying the little milk cartons and too cheap to buy the .8L milk from the fridge section. ????

Asked wife many times jokingly what’s going on. Apparently nothing that would make the Thai news. So who knows?

• Like 1

Been down on supply in Pau in northern Nan province for a couple of weeks but almost none in any store last three days. This morning managed to pick up four 200 mls and two 450 mls bottles so got to avoid a shopping trip to Nan for a few more days at least. I'm used to Pua being on the end of unreliable supply chains (particularly during COVID) but this is the worst I've seen for milk.

Edited by BoganInParasite

On 7/21/2023 at 6:20 AM, clokwise said:

Just curious if anyone else has noticed that since late last week until today there has not been any full-fat milk for sale in any of the usual stores.

There has been shortage of normal milk (fat milk) for the last few weeks where I live; the day before yesterday it was sold out in two shops and only a few 830 ml bottles left in the third.

Maybe now also Thailand started on working global climate.

Cows are producing methane and thats not good, so kill the cows.

"My"country is also busy getting cows out, due to nitrogen, they also produce.

It effects nature in bad they say and therefor, bye bye cow.

But dont know what to do with the country yet, as we are below sea level and sea level rises.

A scenario is, we move and live in another country, as most of the country will be flooded.

Whining about the cows, but no action on rise and South pole is melting very quick.

Because we have so many cows, we can not even built new houses.

Long live USE.

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Maybe now also Thailand started on working global climate.

Cows are producing methane and thats not good, so kill the cows.

"My"country is also busy getting cows out, due to nitrogen, they also produce.

It effects nature in bad they say and therefor, bye bye cow.

But dont know what to do with the country yet, as we are below sea level and sea level rises.

A scenario is, we move and live in another country, as most of the country will be flooded.

Whining about the cows, but no action on rise and South pole is melting very quick.

Because we have so many cows, we can not even built new houses.

Long live USE.

Off topic,

The latest IPCC (AR6) report states there is only a 1 in 4 chance of moderate sea level rises in the next 77 years and no chance of coastal flooding beyond natural variability (I've linked to a summary as the IPCC website is a nightmare to navigate).

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/what-the-ipcc-actually-says-about?r=232v88&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR0U9-0CQSU9ZW02XQZpkJ2z-THrRe5YzX1bYMur0KswsXM4zIuQJNE685o

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

The latest IPCC (AR6) report states there is only a 1 in 4 chance of moderate sea level rises in the next 77 years and no chance of coastal flooding beyond natural variability (I've linked to a summary as the IPCC website is a nightmare to navigate).

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/what-the-ipcc-actually-says-about?r=232v88&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR0U9-0CQSU9ZW02XQZpkJ2z-THrRe5YzX1bYMur0KswsXM4zIuQJNE685o

Off topic comment

You know there are already islands getting smaller due to rise of sealevel

2 big, maybe more, cities face problems, not only excessive rain fall and sinking, but as well rise of sealevel is a factor

And you can read "some pieces" broke off from Antarctica and continues.

Will the earth flip when Antarctica fades away?

"There is a 140-year-old theory which predicts that Earth tilts in response to changes in the distribution of weight on its surface, such as the shifting continents."

13 hours ago, keith101 said:

My wifes daughter in Bangkok went out and bought 8 smaller 830ml Dutch Mill full milk and is sending to me here in Uttaradit . I contacted Dutch Mill asking what's going on and all i got was yes some areas are experiencing shortages and sorry for any inconvenience .

S__16474212.jpg

Sign posted at my local Gourmet Market explains it well.

20230721_131852.jpg

• Confused 1