No milk today

clokwise

So I went to the source:CPMeiji.

Their response:

Hello! Due to the current situation of a raw milk shortage in the market during the Dry Cow period, which usually occurs from July to September every year, there may be a decrease in the quantity of fresh milk available.

CP-Meiji would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. We assure you that our company will make every effort to deliver products to all areas and meet the demands of all our valued customers.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, iforget said:

the Dry Cow period, which usually occurs from July to September every year

That’s a good one.  Been here 35 years and never heard it.  What else has an annual Dry period(not rain)?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iforget said:

So I went to the source:CPMeiji.

Their response:

Hello! Due to the current situation of a raw milk shortage in the market during the Dry Cow period, which usually occurs from July to September every year, there may be a decrease in the quantity of fresh milk available.

CP-Meiji would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. We assure you that our company will make every effort to deliver products to all areas and meet the demands of all our valued customers.

I contacted them as well and got a nearly word-for-word similar response.

"First of all, CP-Meiji would like to apologize for any inconvenience may have caused to you for the issue: Meiji Pasteurized Milk - Supply Shortage.

We would like to inform you that this period (August - October) in every year in Thailand is "Dry Cow Period" then we have the limited of raw milk supply to produce Meiji Pasteurized Milk to serve over demand.

We sincerely apologize once again for the issue and thank you very much for your valuable information and understanding."

In nearly 18 years here, I've never heard of such a thing, nor experienced this milk shortage, though Google does return a few results from a "Dry Cow Period" search.

• Like 1

I noticed all the 7Elevens in my area were selling a new label (2L) I haven't seen before. There was no English on the label, so cannot repeat it - it was a light blue label. I bought some, but found it unpleasant - it was frothy. In Big C extra on Sunday they didn't have the full fat Meiji, but other brands were fully stocked. If you're looking for a creamy treat, get the Thai-Denmark brand if you find it for sale. It's 5 baht more.

• Thanks 1

I live in Southern Thailand and we have not had milk for a least a month. Finally the CP mart got some in, but then did not put it out for sale for nearly a week. This is outrageous! Unlike people who would riot if beer wasn't available,  I'm about to riot over the milk! I absolutely have to have full fat milk daily, and this is beyond ridiculous. It's been over a month since the 2, 7-11's near me have had milk. WHAT IS GOING ON ???!!! And why would CP mart get a shipment in, but not sell it for nearly a week after getting it? I'm truly outraged overthis whole thing.