friend requests on FaceBook

sirineou

Alot of people just do not understand how corrosive, damaging, degrading and nasty social media can be. There are an infinite number of scammers, predators and fraudsters out there. Most of us have the good sense to avoid them, and not get taken in by their unwillingness to do actual work for a living. It boggles the mind, to consider the number of people who fall for these scams. Someone calls you, or contacts you online, and you send them money? Someone you have never met? Someone you have not researched? What gives? Where are the survival instincts? 

How is a youngster supposed to have the wisdom to know? Granted being asked to send naked pics to a stranger is a bit much. But, I am sure it happens all the time. There is little chance of these people getting apprehended. Very little. And it is a strong indication of just how bent, warped and misguided contemporary culture and society is, that someone can be considered an idol or celebrity just because they have alot of followers on Tik tok, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 

There is a whole subculture in this world, who absolutely refuse to work for a living, and instead like to prey on those who are vulnerable, naive, dumb, and easy victims. It is our responsibility to be careful, prudent, willing to do some vetting, some research, some due diligence, anytime we part with cash. Especially online. Dealing with Ebay, Lazada, Amazon is one thing. You have recourse. But, dealing with Facebook vendors, Instagram, Youtube, dating sites, or any other social media, the scammers outweigh the real deals. People get taken every day. I get junk emails offering me at least $100 million a month.

These people are parasites, they barely deserve the oxygen they consume, and we must do everything in our power to deny the online worms. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bignok said:

No idea what sunbeam means. Never met you. You have a warped idea that people you never met care. They don't.

Guessing again, well I suppose that's all you have, with four friends, warped ideas...........????

As for sunbeam, it is a colloquialism from where I come from, roughly means "Oh ray of light"..

Oh, and sorry about the long word....????

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i'm very new to FB and as a confirmed com dino i'm struggling with it. Is there anyway i can get in touch with friends like you from many many years ago if indeed they are also using FB ? I'm not aware of any process and i have tried to find one.

Thanks for any help.

In the search box, top left, punch in school names, or other stuff you were involved in. 

Even names you remember, which is a bit more difficult but a good time killer....☺️

Folk here who slag FB off are just miserable folk, who haven't a clue....:neus:

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:18 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

I get this on FB as well.  It's almost always women with a very small profile that seems very dubious.  I also get this on LINE with some stupid reason as to why they are contacting me.  I just reply that no, we have never met blah, blah, blah.  

I get them on LINE also. Usually a beautiful doctor from Singapore. 

I always ask them how they feel about Taiwan's ???????? independence and they get were defensive....???? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

In the search box, top left, punch in school names, or other stuff you were involved in. 

Even names you remember, which is a bit more difficult but a good time killer....☺️

Folk here who slag FB off are just miserable folk, who haven't a clue....:neus:

and i WAS one of them until i realised it gave me the potential to look up great mates from way way back who i'd lost contact with.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and i WAS one of them until i realised it gave me the potential to look up great mates from way way back who i'd lost contact with.

How much contact do you have with the after the obligatorily hi, how you doing, how is your life, and see their posts once and awhile, if not completely spammed with every other kind of distraction, such as commercials and short reels from people you do mot know who is? 

FB is over the top

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

How much contact do you have with the after the obligatorily hi, how you doing, how is your life, and see their posts once and awhile, if not completely spammed with every other kind of distraction, such as commercials and short reels from people you do mot know who is? 

FB is over the top

I have'nt experienced any of that yet as i've only recently signed up, one great mate i've made contact with after 25 years of no contact and i have to say it was brill to speak with him again but as you say lets see what the future brings, he's still working with two teenage daughters, he's 18 years younger than me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I got a new Facebook friend, an older lady who professes her eternal love for me. She sends me messages on Messenger every day.

Strangely, she sends the same photo of herself all the time. I wonder why she can't take a new photo to send to me.

Probably the only good side. :tongue: