Immigration closed on Friday 28 July (King's Birthday)

Hello,

I understand the immigration in Bangkok (IT Square, Lak Si) is going to be close on Friday, July 28, due to the birthday of his Majesty the King?

I wanted to be sure it's not going to be close also an other day this week, especially Thursday, for some reason (report of a previous public holiday for example).

Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

There is no other holiday until Friday.

Next week closed Tuesday Aug 1st and Wednesday 2nd.

OPEN Monday July 31st.

Thank you very much. I had a look on immigration website but didn't find the calendar.

I knew August 1 was also public holiday for Buddha day, but didn't know for August 2. But my visa expire on June 30, so Thursday is last day for me.

29 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

I knew August 1 was also public holiday for Buddha day, but didn't know for August 2. But my visa expire on June 30, so Thursday is last day for me.

I imagine Thursday would be very busy with upcoming holidays. Why wait, extension will be from date of current stamp, not date you apply

• Like 2

15 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Yes, I know and while I gave the impression I wanted to go on Thursday my plan is to go tomorrow Tuesday.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Yes, I know and while I gave the impression I wanted to go on Thursday my plan is to go tomorrow Tuesday.

Thank you!

what about 1st and second of august is IMM closed on these days????

22 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Hello,

I understand the immigration in Bangkok (IT Square, Lak Si) is going to be close on Friday, July 28, due to the birthday of his Majesty the King?

I wanted to be sure it's not going to be close also an other day this week, especially Thursday, for some reason (report of a previous public holiday for example).

Thank you very much.

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

OPEN Monday July 31st.

Today's cabinet meeting has also making July 31st a public holiday on the agenda. Announcement coming later if they agree on it. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Today's cabinet meeting has also making July 31st a public holiday on the agenda. Announcement coming later if they agree on it. 

Nothing beats proper planning ahead.

Who could see this lonely Monday until now.

A long weekend with two dry days (bars/clubs).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nothing beats proper planning ahead.

Who could see this lonely Monday until now.

A long weekend with two dry days (bars/clubs).

Just been officially announced.
Additional public holiday: Monday 31st July.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Just been officially announced.
Additional public holiday: Monday 31st July.

And there goes all the online appointments people made for that date. Not to mention the people that rescheduled their work and other matters to clear that day for Immigration or other government offices.

23 minutes ago, John Drake said:

And there goes all the online appointments people made for that date. Not to mention the people that rescheduled their work and other matters to clear that day for Immigration or other government offices.

Anyone who has lived in Thailand for any length of time knows to avoid ALL Government sites (and many others) on Mondays and Fridays and the days before and after any such holidays if mid week!

it is called planning ahead.  

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Anyone who has lived in Thailand for any length of time knows to avoid ALL Government sites (and many others) on Mondays and Fridays and the days before and after any such holidays if mid week!

it is called planning ahead.  

People did plan ahead, if they used the online appointment system for Immigration. And many people sometimes need to plan and shift days because of their work schedule in order to do business at other government offices. This is especially true for someone who must make a long commute to Bangkok to do business. BTW, why did you need to shout and insert a hysterical exclamation mark in your post?

• Like 1

Called Chiang Mai Immigration as I had an appointment for July 31st, they told me to come on August 3rd as July 31st will be closed.

Made new appointment.

What surprises me is that my appointment for July 31st seems to be available on the booking list eventhough they told me it would be closed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

People did plan ahead, if they used the online appointment system for Immigration. And many people sometimes need to plan and shift days because of their work schedule in order to do business at other government offices. This is especially true for someone who must make a long commute to Bangkok to do business. BTW, why did you need to shout and insert a hysterical exclamation mark in your post?

For the sensitive/grammar police there is a multiple (!) warning ahead!

They should still know to plan ahead and avoid the days I stated if they have been in Thailand for any length of time!

The booking systems will obviously accept the appointments as that is it's function!

A person with a thinking brain would book a different day knowing that days before and after holidays are very busy!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, isaanistical said:

Lent on Wednesday for sure, but is Asanha Bucha "dry"?

Yes, all Buddhist public holidays are dry.

See also link in previous post from a bar manager.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 7/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:

OPEN Monday July 31st.

On 7/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:

OPEN Monday July 31st.

Was at Pattaya immigration today, and they had a sign saying closed from 28/7 until 2/8.

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

And there goes all the online appointments people made th that date. Not to mention the people that rescheduled their work and other matters to clear that day for Immigration or other government offices.

Not to worry. TAT just added another zero to their tourist estimates.????????

First, I was surprised July 31 wasn't public holiday... still, why wait for the last moment to decide it?

Two, I went to IT Square early, arriving at 8:20. I got the number 2 - there was only 5 or six people - and everything was finished at 8:40. I had prepared everything before to left my accommodation... except the two additional forms: I thought they have dropped them, but no. That said, you need one minute for each form, so not a big deal.

Everyone was friendly and it was great to done everything in 15 minutes. Next time I'll come back for 8:30am again.

Thanks again to people who have answered to my post.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Was at Pattaya immigration today, and they had a sign saying closed from 28/7 until 2/8.

Yes my statement has been voided by the late decision of 31st being extra holiday.

Decided yesterday!