Man’s refusal to cross Bangkok traffic junction sparks social media speculation

snoop1130

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he might be suffering from an underlying mental condition or possibly has a specific phobia termed Dystychiphobia, anxiety about traffic intersections.

Jeez Now I have a phobia;  driving in Thailand is stressful, of course we are anxious, what do you expect with the atrocious driving here

• Like 1

Like so many intersections in Bangkok and throughout  Thailand official don't have a understanding why many rules were created.  

Thailand is part of the international community but somehow decades of improper application lack of a driving education system today what we got is what you see.

From the video I don't know about any mental conditions the driver might have but this is a large and connected inte????rsection one of the greatest rule is called a stop sign here they are every where majority in the wrong location and how to properly execute. 

Good and bad,  this guy did exactly what he was suppose to do stop behind the horizontal line that is the same as a stop sign. 

Looking at the large intersection the lights are none operational they have it all on flashing yellow which here basically do as you please. 

In theory flashing yellow is slow down and proceed with caution which this guyseem confused as to what to do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swm59nj said:

It could have been anything.  I doubt if the person had a phobia of intersections. Unless they freeze at every major intersection.  

He'd still be at the first one then !

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yes, I personally suffer from Thaidingdongphobia, and I wouldn't drive in Bangkok if they paid me to...

Having driven and ridden over most of Thailand and it's cities, I can say that it was much safer in Bangkok. The worst was Riot Et.

• Love It 1