IPTV box.

bradiston

I have a Fire TV stick with a package I got in UK, £35 a year for EVERYTHING.

But, Fire TV is Android based so the apk will also install on my phone, and Bluestacks if I want it on my PC..

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 6:57 PM, bradiston said:

I'm looking at buying an IPTV box and package. I've seen a few on Lazada, like GMMZ. The package I'm looking for would be sport, movies, news etc etc. As much as I can get. I'm not interested in Android.

They are all Android….

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

They are all Android….

I've come unstuck I think in ordering a Mi TV box. Quite a pointless piece of equipment. It doesn't have a browser. I'm returning it. Next step seems to be to find someone who does IPTV installation in Pattaya. I'm getting nowhere.

5 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I've come unstuck I think in ordering a Mi TV box. Quite a pointless piece of equipment. It doesn't have a browser. I'm returning it. Next step seems to be to find someone who does IPTV installation in Pattaya. I'm getting nowhere.

You should learn to communicate better with the people here first before rushing out to order stuff. There’s a wealth of knowledge here. Not necessarily me, but together there is everything you need to know. 

It’s impossible that your box doesn’t have a Browser. AFAIK the Mi TV box is quite old but still capable of running a browser. Model number?

I guess you were referring to this from GMM Z: https://www.gmmz.tv/สินค้า/gmmz_ziptv/

18 minutes ago, bradiston said:

If you are looking for foreign channels, you can buy boxes already set up for you  or you can buy a box and package(with instructions) separately. 
Think of an Android box as a Smartphone… if you want an application, you have the option of installing it. So if you want a Browser… install one. But likely you won’t be viewing via a Browser…

An IPTV package can be installed to your Mi TV box. Also worth getting a remote control with a keyboard or an Air Remote. 
It’s not unusual for older people to struggle with these things as they want to figure it out for themselves. 
We are here to help. Don’t be shy in asking even what you might regard as the most elementary of questions. 

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

Remote control with keyboard: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mini-wireless-keyboard-24-ghz-touch-pad-for-android-windows-tv-box-smart-projector-i8-wireless-keyboard-i4506660021-s18605482210.html

Air Remote(a bit like a magic wand): https://www.lazada.co.th/products/g20s-gyro-24g-wireless-air-mouse-voice-search-i2512213264-s8907176993.html

These are typical products rather than recommendations. Can choose another product according to your needs. 

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

You could give Eric a shout, he is in Pattaya, and has often been mentioned on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, bradiston said:

A Mi TV Box is exactly what you need.

22 hours ago, bradiston said:

I have just ordered this one below:-

I will either load Global TV myself - or get my provider in Pattaya to do it.

Open photo

21 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I have just ordered this one below:-

I will either load Global TV myself - or get my provider in Pattaya to do it.

Open photo

How will you load software? My Mi box doesn't have a browser. I tried a 24 HR free trial of an IPTV provider on my phone, but the server link was just a blank page and the playlist just came up as thousands of lines of text. There was no way I could log into their server from the Mi box. Guess I'm missing something?

20 minutes ago, bradiston said:

How will you load software? My Mi box doesn't have a browser. I tried a 24 HR free trial of an IPTV provider on my phone, but the server link was just a blank page and the playlist just came up as thousands of lines of text. There was no way I could log into their server from the Mi box. Guess I'm missing something?

Obviously…

Not a good start when you refuse to provide feedback. 
I asked about the model number of the box. Nothing. There is more than one model. 
You state no Browser but then haven’t bothered to install one nor ask how to do it. 
The IPTV provider remains a secret. 
Give clear feedback and interact, rather than sitting alone at home and scratching your head. 
You could install The Loop right now as a test: https://howtomediacenter.com/en/install-the-loop-kodi-sports-addon/

You can download files to a USB drive and install them to the box if you don’t have a Browser. 

Edited by NextG

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Obviously…

Not a good start when you refuse to provide feedback. 
I asked about the model number of the box. Nothing. There is more than one model. 
You state no Browser but then haven’t bothered to install one nor ask how to do it. 
The IPTV provider remains a secret. 
Give clear feedback and interact, rather than sitting alone at home and scratching your head. 
You could install The Loop right now as a test: https://howtomediacenter.com/en/install-the-loop-kodi-sports-addon/

You can download files to a USB drive and install them to the box if you don’t have a Browser. 

Sorry, I somehow missed your earlier posts.

The IPTV company is IPTV.bz. The box has Bluetooth and a remote but no LAN port which I find quite bizarre. If I can only install via usb, I'm not interested. Kodi doesn't interest me. I had it years ago. It worked well but then all my feeds got knocked out 1 by 1 even with a VPN. So this box is going back hopefully tomorrow and I will try contacting a pro to sort out what I want.

Thanks

Screenshot_2023-07-30-11-15-51-963_com.lazada.android.jpg

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Sorry, I somehow missed your earlier posts.

The IPTV company is IPTV.bz. The box has Bluetooth and a remote but no LAN port which I find quite bizarre. If I can only install via usb, I'm not interested. Kodi doesn't interest me. I had it years ago. It worked well but then all my feeds got knocked out 1 by 1 even with a VPN. So this box is going back hopefully tomorrow and I will try contacting a pro to sort out what I want.

Thanks

Screenshot_2023-07-30-11-15-51-963_com.lazada.android.jpg

No one stated that you can ONLY install via USB, that is just ONE way for you to install a Browser and anything else you might want.  There will be other ways too. We only just found out which box you own.  KODI has NOTHING to do with your streams being blocked and anyway it’s just a free alternative option with a very good range of options. No reason why you cannot have more than one option. 
I certainly wouldn’t have chosen such a relatively low spec device for such a relatively high amount of money. 

Anyway, it’s likely that in order to utilise the free IPTV trial, you’ll need to install a corresponding App. Either an m3u player or an IPTV streamer, but since you haven’t been able to install a Browser, it seems certain that you haven’t installed the application needed. 
Probably best for you to go with a provider who provides a fully loaded box, where you just have to plug it in and play. It sounds as if you don’t have the patience for anything else. 

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

No one stated that you can ONLY install via USB, that is just ONE way for you to install a Browser and anything else you might want.  There will be other ways too. We only just found out which box you own.  KODI has NOTHING to do with your streams being blocked and anyway it’s just a free alternative option with a very good range of options. No reason why you cannot have more than one option. 
I certainly wouldn’t have chosen such a relatively low spec device for such a relatively high amount of money. 

Anyway, it’s likely that in order to utilise the free IPTV trial, you’ll need to install a corresponding App. Either an m3u player or an IPTV streamer, but since you haven’t been able to install a Browser, it seems certain that you haven’t installed the application needed. 
Probably best for you to go with a provider who provides a fully loaded box, where you just have to plug it in and play. It sounds as if you don’t have the patience for anything else. 

Quite so. I'm a burnt out sys admin. 10 years of SCO and NT fried my brains. I can hardly look at a screen and keyboard without blanking out. Thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Quite so. I'm a burnt out sys admin. 10 years of SCO and NT fried my brains. I can hardly look at a screen and keyboard without blanking out. Thanks anyway.

Understood. Has anyone PM’d you with recommendations? Since I don’t utilise IPTV, I cannot narrow the choices down for you for reliability, uptime and the choices you require. But I’ve seen quite a few recommendations here. 
I have a box with a good spec; TOX 3, though to be honest, since I set it up, I haven’t used it. Also not one for staring at screens. But everything worked smoothly for me. 
The advantage of a fully loaded box is that the Admin will know exactly the box in question for when it comes to support. Whilst your Mi Box will work, there might be slightly different steps to take, so effectively you’ll have to do some thinking yourself. Plus it only has 2GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. I currently have 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage on my box for much the same price or less than yours. Not only that but yours comes with Google TV, which is a version of Android 12 b
So, get a better box; with a Browser pre-installed as most Android boxes do and then experiment with IPTV providers(though you’ll still need to install applications) or just go with a provider that provides everything and save yourself a headache. 

Edited by NextG

56 minutes ago, NextG said:

Understood. Has anyone PM’d you with recommendations? Since I don’t utilise IPTV, I cannot narrow the choices down for you for reliability, uptime and the choices you require. But I’ve seen quite a few recommendations here. 
I have a box with a good spec; TOX 3, though to be honest, since I set it up, I haven’t used it. Also not one for staring at screens. But everything worked smoothly for me. 
The advantage of a fully loaded box is that the Admin will know exactly the box in question for when it comes to support. Whilst your Mi Box will work, there might be slightly different steps to take, so effectively you’ll have to do some thinking yourself. Plus it only has 2GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. I currently have 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage on my box for much the same price or less than yours. Not only that but yours comes with Google TV, which is a version of Android 12 b
So, get a better box; with a Browser pre-installed as most Android boxes do and then experiment with IPTV providers(though you’ll still need to install applications) or just go with a provider that provides everything and save yourself a headache. 

Great reply, thanks. I got a recommendation from another member and have followed up. Definitely need a Lan port. WiFi too flaky. He can provide the box and installation. A bit pricier than DIY but what isn't? One outstanding problem is the internet speed. Mine is max 15 Mbps, and he says that's the bare minimum. And itsshared in my condo, so really isn't ideal. And the packages aren't cheap by comparison to what I pay for my clunky cable company. So, still a few hurdles to vault.

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Great reply, thanks. I got a recommendation from another member and have followed up. Definitely need a Lan port. WiFi too flaky. He can provide the box and installation. A bit pricier than DIY but what isn't? One outstanding problem is the internet speed. Mine is max 15 Mbps, and he says that's the bare minimum. And itsshared in my condo, so really isn't ideal. And the packages aren't cheap by comparison to what I pay for my clunky cable company. So, still a few hurdles to vault.

Some people need to make a living, so I won’t comment on how much you are being charged. You probably already have an idea of an average total cost for the first 12 months of usage. 

Have you experimented with mobile Internet? There may still be the option of an up to 30 Mbps connection for 300 baht per month or less with DTAC or Truemove H or perhaps even an NT Wireless connection for as little as 999 baht per annum if you are within the coverage area. NT Wireless would be good for you if you can get it. 

Did you do any test streaming with the Mi Box to see how your condo connection performed?

On 7/29/2023 at 2:57 PM, BenStark said:

You could give Eric a shout, he is in Pattaya, and has often been mentioned on this forum.

This is what I did. Everything sorted. I ordered a Mecool K2 plus box from Lazada (2135 delivered) and got the money back on the Mi. I had to upgrade my internet, but at 200 THB pm it's a snip. From 15 Mbps to 20/50. It runs at about 33 connecting to a London server.

Can recommend Eric wholeheartedly. He charged me a small fee for coming out and installing the software and the service he uses. Set everything up in a matter of an hour or so. The sub is the costliest part at 1800 per quarter but I'm not fussed about it. Maybe there's cheaper but this has a lot of stuff, movies I haven't watched in years and never found elsewhere online, except PB.

So that's it guys. I tried DIY and just messed up. Thanks for guiding me through!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 1948wjm said:

If you are only after Thai FTA TV channels try "AIS Play" and if you are an AIS phone customer then it is free !!

Thanks for that info,I had previously logged in to My AIS but could not find PLAY. My latest "connections"  got rained out this morning,so looking for something better.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:21 PM, bradiston said:

Everything sorted. I ordered a Mecool K2 plus box from Lazada (2135 delivered)

How are you finding the Mecool K2 Plus? I ordered one yesterday on Lazada (2,158 delivered) which will hopefully be arriving today.  My main motivation for buying it is there's a noticeable difference between Netflix running at 4K on my Samsung TV & Netflix running at 1080P on my current (6-7 years old) HiSense Android box. 

Also curious as to what IPTV service/application you're using, I signed up for 1 year with WizzTV (3,436.46 for the "Plus" service that includes a built in VPN) & so far, so good but have heard great things about "Eric" so was going to recommend him to a mate of mine who's moving to Pattaya in a couple of weeks & needs a "No Fuss" service, he currently pays 5,700b per quarter for a similar service from "Bangkok Bob", but has had this for 6-7 years. 

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

How are you finding the Mecool K2 Plus? I ordered one yesterday on Lazada (2,158 delivered) which will hopefully be arriving today.  My main motivation for buying it is there's a noticeable difference between Netflix running at 4K on my Samsung TV & Netflix running at 1080P on my current (6-7 years old) HiSense Android box. 

Also curious as to what IPTV service/application you're using, I signed up for 1 year with WizzTV (3,436.46 for the "Plus" service that includes a built in VPN) & so far, so good but have heard great things about "Eric" so was going to recommend him to a mate of mine who's moving to Pattaya in a couple of weeks & needs a "No Fuss" service, he currently pays 5,700b per quarter for a similar service from "Bangkok Bob", but has had this for 6-7 years. 

I'm paying 1800 a quarter. I've discovered I very rarely use it. The movies are quite obviously downloaded from eg pirate bay. Foreign ones often don't have subs. The audio and video on many need a lot of adjustments as they're way out of sync. Some series just conk half way through.

As for sport. Well I get a much better Eurosport feed from my cable providers. No ads. There's no Premier channel 3 for rugby.

I'll be looking to switch providers.

27 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I'm paying 1800 a quarter. I've discovered I very rarely use it. The movies are quite obviously downloaded from eg pirate bay. Foreign ones often don't have subs. The audio and video on many need a lot of adjustments as they're way out of sync. Some series just conk half way through.

As for sport. Well I get a much better Eurosport feed from my cable providers. No ads. There's no Premier channel 3 for rugby.

I'll be looking to switch providers.

As mentioned, I've recently (2 days ago) subscribed to WizzTV (<3,500b per year), mainly because I'm a big fan of British TV Series & sometimes struggle to get them on my Android Box using the free options (Cinema HD & TeaTime, I used to use Kodi but my box is too old to run it now). 

So far so good (was watching the EPL Football on Sunday & it was flawless) but almost all of my mates in Bangkok who are more into watching sports (especially Horse Racing) than me have moved to the iViewHD Plus service  https://www.iviewhd.com/index.html which is roughly twice as much

Can get a 3 day trial of the iView service if it's of interest. 

Edited by Mike Teavee