Cannot communicate with MG Thailand.

up2you2

Why not just got to the dealer nearest you...probably easier.
I like to have some points confirmed by the actual importer/distributor, having these confirmed in writing helps.

Did you send it in Thai?
If I had to, that itself would be a deal breaker.

Try this - 062 890 2222 from their website... call us link, plus Call Center is 1267.
Spent a long time doing this from the dealer's themselves, they are just a Call Center, servicing many Thai companies, and can only forward on requests.

Try a letter to Morris Garages, Oxford, England. 555
Crossed my mind.

Quite amazed after 604 views, that nobody to date has achieved direct communications with MG Thailand.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Why not just got to the dealer nearest you...probably easier.
I like to have some points confirmed by the actual importer/distributor, having these confirmed in writing helps.

Did you send it in Thai?
If I had to, that itself would be a deal breaker.

Try this - 062 890 2222 from their website... call us link, plus Call Center is 1267.
Spent a long time doing this from the dealer's themselves, they are just a Call Center, servicing many Thai companies, and can only forward on requests.

Try a letter to Morris Garages, Oxford, England. 555
Crossed my mind.

Quite amazed after 604 views, that nobody to date has achieved direct communications with MG Thailand.

What are you talking about here with this comment:

"Quite amazed after 604 views, that nobody to date has achieved direct communications with MG Thailand"

As I stated in an earlier post I have had no problems contacting any of the MG dealers I have used and since moving to the Pranburi Area of PKK just had a service done in HH after calling them as well as sending a message through there Facebook account, which they answered to both within minutes of myself messaging them and talking to the front desk who also had the service center call me back.

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are you talking about here with this comment:

"Quite amazed after 604 views, that nobody to date has achieved direct communications with MG Thailand"

As I stated in an earlier post I have had no problems contacting any of the MG dealers I have used and since moving to the Pranburi Area of PKK just had a service done in HH after calling them as well as sending a message through there Facebook account, which they answered to both within minutes of myself messaging them and talking to the front desk who also had the service center call me back.

Same here, never a problem.  We've called many while out on the road, to make sure the Super Chargers are operational.  As I suggested, Gmap for local dealer ph#s.

Now we don't even bother, as that was 1st couple O&As, and not taking chances, and now, found out no need to be concerned, as too many CS around.  

Amazing how some expats can't seem to function here.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

MG does not use any components that are not manufactured in China, they are all made, exclusively, in China?   You sure about that assertion? 

You may want to check the veracity of your wife's claim.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-66117178

Parts not exclusive to China. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Better do some research Sir, pay attention to the last sentence below the link

https://7zap.com/en/brand/mg/

MG produces a wide variety of spare parts for all types of vehicles, from replacement headlights to brake pads and oil filters. They also produce performance parts, such as exhausts, suspension components, and engine tuning parts.

MG parts are known for their high quality, reliability, and affordability. The parts are manufactured to strict standards and are tested to ensure they meet the requirements of the vehicle. The parts also come with a warranty, ensuring that they will last and perform as expected. The price of MG parts is often lower than that of competitors, making them an attractive option for those on a budget.

MG parts are manufactured in factories located in China, India, and the United States. The company has been manufacturing high-quality auto parts for over 50 years and is one of the leading suppliers globally.

Totally right. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

MG does not use any components that are not manufactured in China, they are all made, exclusively, in China?   You sure about that assertion? 

You may want to check the veracity of your wife's claim.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-66117178

Parts not exclusive to China. 

That's what i have been saying, they are not 100% made in China.    I don't see the point of that link that, as far as components are concerned, only relates to the first (Chinese) MG assembled at Longbridge, the MG6, twelve years ago in 2011. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, of course it is my opinion. They are not time tested. Only many years of use will reveal if they hold up like their Japanese or Korean counterparts.

"They are not time tested".

By definition, they are time tested!  Is it your opinion that twelve years of production is not enough to establish whether they "hold up"?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had 3 calls from lazada over a returned washing machine, as soon as I asked then in Thai if they spoke English, they hung up.

If a company publishes a number for a Call Center (1267 for MG) then you need to use it. My experience with emails is they rarely get answered by Thai companies.

On 7/25/2023 at 9:49 AM, ezzra said:

Don't knock it, my friend bought one months ago and she's very happy with it performance, comfort and price wise.

One month is hardly a period long enough to test reliability or servicing, spare part pricing etc. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I had 3 calls from lazada over a returned washing machine, as soon as I asked then in Thai if they spoke English, they hung up.

If a company publishes a number for a Call Center (1267 for MG) then you need to use it. My experience with emails is they rarely get answered by Thai companies.

Yes call center experience, press 9 for english, then expect a LOOONG wait.  

On 7/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, spidermike007 said:

They are a Chinese based company. No surprise at the lack of ethics, or service. None at all. They are selling an inferior product, that looks good, but is substandard.

so true, just look at the re sale value of these trolley carts

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, kennw said:

One month is hardly a period long enough to test reliability or servicing, spare part pricing etc. 

I have had my MG HS-X now for a little over 3years, just turned 51k KM on it and never had any problems with it whatsoever.  Rides great, suspensions good and it can get up and go, even for a 1.5L engine.  KM per Liter is also good for the way I drive it, in sport mode on the open highway using the paddle shifters.  

40 minutes ago, kennw said:

Yes call center experience, press 9 for english, then expect a LOOONG wait.  

Never waited at all for the service center to answer when called at any of the 3 dealerships I have gone to for service.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2023 at 9:14 AM, up2you2 said:

On MG Thailand's web site under Contact Us there's a proforma to fill in. I have on three occasions, nobody gets back to me.
For MG Thailand and Passion Drives I cannot find an email address or Fax number for both of them.
Has anybody had any success in reaching any of the above please?

MG SALES (THAILAND) Co., Ltd.

Silom Complex, 25th floor, Silom Road, Bangrak Bangkok 10500

MG Call Centre

24/7 CALL CENTRE Call 1267

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Why are people supporting China, the road noise and my buddy gearbox fell out after 3 months Australia 

Do you enjoy paying a premium price to support USA, UK, EU, JP ?

Did you join/create new username, just to reply to this thread, but I'll ask anyway.

Edited by KhunLA

The rule now is, buy a product,  get no backup support or warranty. They shoot themselves in the foot. I avoid buying anything because of the vast number of unhappy customers and lack of consumer rights. I just by old second hand crap. Never any complaints when I lose money on a deal. How pissed off would you be when you've just handed over 50k US for a new car and you get the fob off when contacting for help. There needs to be a separate YouTube website for consumer experience reviews to keep them on their toes.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

The rule now is, buy a product,  get no backup support or warranty. They shoot themselves in the foot. I avoid buying anything because of the vast number of unhappy customers and lack of consumer rights. I just by old second hand crap. Never any complaints when I lose money on a deal. How pissed off would you be when you've just handed over 50k US for a new car and you get the fob off when contacting for help. There needs to be a separate YouTube website for consumer experience reviews to keep them on their toes.  

It's nice to know my $24.8k USD was spent on a new vehicle that won't leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

If having a mechanical oops, the 24 hr roadside assistance is available, though I've never needed.

Never needed with previous new $22k vehicle.  

No new car purchased has left me stranded, though I can't say the same about 2nd hand vehicles I've owned.  Rare, but did happen.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

It's nice to know my $24.8k USD was spent on a new vehicle that won't leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

If having a mechanical oops, the 24 hr roadside assistance is available, though I've never needed.

Never needed with previous new $22k vehicle.  

No new car purchased has left me stranded, though I can't say the same about 2nd hand vehicles I've owned.  Rare, but did happen.

My auto insurance takes care of a breakdown......Like you, never had to use it, yet...???? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

My auto insurance takes care of a breakdown......Like you, never had to use it, yet...???? 

Lets hope when you do need their assistance the person on the end of the phone has the desire and smarts to help you out. Would you believe  I sometimes call up companies and agree to purchase their item,  after several emails of nonsense eventually they lose interest to even sell an item let alone support one. Bizarre world. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, proton said:

Cheaper mainly, by people who do not mind supporting CCP run China.

As usual you still fail to realize the extent of parts and vehicles actually made in China or by a Chinese company outside of China.  Your going to have to look far and wide to find products that have no portion of it made in China.  Oops was that you dropping your Apple I-Pad, I-Phone on the floor.....

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Lets hope when you do need their assistance the person on the end of the phone has the desire and smarts to help you out. Would you believe  I sometimes call up companies and agree to purchase their item,  after several emails of nonsense eventually they lose interest to even sell an item let alone support one. Bizarre world. 

Had no issues ordering what I did today by phone from a company here in Thailand which is 100% Thai owned.  Dialed them up, and bobs your uncle.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2023 at 9:39 AM, Celsius said:

Why would you buy MG?

Quality, value, bang for baht, excellent cust. serv.  Added plus, if owning an EV, using their Super Charger network. 

Free instant coffee, (sometimes a coffee machine), water, clean toilets and sugar fill snacks in waiting room, while charging and using free internet.

#1 reason, it bugs the hell out of @transam ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

As usual you still fail to realize the extent of parts and vehicles actually made in China or by a Chinese company outside of China.  Your going to have to look far and wide to find products that have no portion of it made in China.  Oops was that you dropping your Apple I-Pad, I-Phone on the floor.....

Parts are not the point, MG is a Chinese company supported by the evil CCP

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Quality, value, bang for baht, excellent cust. serv.  Added plus, if owning an EV, using their Super Charger network. 

Free instant coffee, (sometimes a coffee machine), water, clean toilets and sugar fill snacks in waiting room, while charging and using free internet.

#1 reason, it bugs the hell out of @transam ????

Free instant coffee more important then human rights then!

• Confused 1