Ugly Bangkok

chanchao

Feel free to PM me, Mid.

Not all men (or paint for that matter) are equal. And that's true whether we're talking about being created equal, and even less equal when we're talking about what people accomplish in their own lifetimes and over several generations if we're talking about generations of humans.

:o

Were you created superior to someone then Heng?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to PM me, Mid.

Not all men (or paint for that matter) are equal. And that's true whether we're talking about being created equal, and even less equal when we're talking about what people accomplish in their own lifetimes and over several generations if we're talking about generations of humans.

And where did I say I was referring to myself? That's a common assumption folks like to make. Just because someone is looking down in their direction doesn't mean they are actually looking down on them.

I'm talking about people in general.

:D

Behind Seacon Square next to Suan luang park is a very expensive area with some beautiful houses all well kept, only problem land is 80 million for a few Rai!!

And that's roughly the value of land all up and down Srinakarin Road, on both sides, from the Sukhumvit 101 intersection up to the Lamsali intersection... no matter what the condition of the structure, number of coats of paint, or brands of paint involved.

Not all men (or paint for that matter) are equal.

thanxs for putting that on record ,

this is where we part company and yes I'm off topic

apologies all.

Part company? Have we even had a conversation before?

There's an ignore button if you feel you need it, Mid.

Apology accepted.

Feel free to PM me, Mid.

And where did I say I was referring to myself? That's a common assumption folks like to make. Just because someone is looking down in their direction doesn't mean they are actually looking down on them.

Your comment here was "not all men are created equal". My question was simple enough. were you in fact created superior to someone, anyone?

Feel free to PM me, Mid.

Your comment here was "not all men are created equal". My question was simple enough. were you in fact created superior to someone, anyone?

Heng, can't answer a simple question? Would love to hear you response.

Your highness

Behind Seacon Square next to Suan luang park is a very expensive area with some beautiful houses all well kept, only problem land is 80 million for a few Rai!!

And that's roughly the value of land all up and down Srinakarin Road, on both sides, from the Sukhumvit 101 intersection up to the Lamsali intersection... no matter what the condition of the structure, number of coats of paint, or brands of paint involved.

Im sure, but then i wont be moving to the crappy non painted section Ill give the nice cleaner section a go. Some of those houses next to Suan Luang park are soooooooooooooooooooooo nice and pretty well all well painted!!

Feel free to PM me, Mid.

Superior and less so, as are most relative things in life, including people.

Feel free to PM me, Mid.

Heng, can't answer a simple question? Would love to hear you response.

Your highness

See above, Jens. *thows a handful of 50 satang "gold" pieces* in Jen's direction*

Superior and less so, as are most relative things in life, including people.

Superiority can seem a relative term, a persons value is not. Possesions and influence might make it seem so however.

All are born and pass away and take nothing with them as they go.

I have to agree with you chanchao, Bangkok is positively filthy compared to European cities and they don't seem to see it. Of course with the black poison pouring out of those blue busses the Thais might feel there is no point painting anything as it will soon be black again.

I have to agree with you chanchao, Bangkok is positively filthy compared to European cities and they don't seem to see it. Of course with the black poison pouring out of those blue busses the Thais might feel there is no point painting anything as it will soon be black again.

It seems the cheaper houses are literaly nothing more than a place to live until it collapses and will never be painted whereas the more expensive ones tend to see more in the way of maintenance. As Heng says its the land price that matters for them most the house in many cases appears worthless.

Yes in many ways but have you ever seen the buildings in Edinburgh Scotland?? they are black from 150+ years of pollution, I always wish they would clean them as underneath the stone is a lovely colour.

It seems the cheaper houses are literaly nothing more than a place to live until it collapses and will never be painted whereas the more expensive ones tend to see more in the way of maintenance. As Heng says its the land price that matters for them most the house in many cases appears worthless.

Tokyo is not a beautiful city. But no decay, no stray dogs, clinically clean, no slums. The buildings may not be worth much, if it is the land underneath - that may explain why they demolish them every 10 years and erect new ones.

Most of the buildings are bricks from outside, no need to paint them.

sukanyacondo, the Japanese are one of the smartest nations on the planet. I've never made it out there yet but all that you say is of no surprise to me. There is no way the Japanese would allow their streets to be ruled by dogs (admittedly, mainly at night) for example.

Recently I bussed into Bangkok from Bang Na on to Sukhumvit, and EVERY TIME the abysmal Third World appearance strikes me. This allegedly is multi-billion baht property-area, but you see one sad dirty dilapidated slab of black crumbling concrete after another. Sure on street level are bright glass & chromium facades, shops that you'd think ARE making enough money to buy a bucket of TOA paint occasionally?

What are they thinking?

Why doesn't the city care? Like: " If you want to have a shophouse: PAINT IT and keep it tidy or else we remove it for you! "

I'm relatively fortunate to not actually live in Bangkok, but it does seem strange to me that Bangkok is actually WORSE than other places in Thailand even though for sure more money gets made in Bangkok. Why are 10 million people (or actually, the x00,000 who own very valuable street front property) content to live in such an armpit?

GO BUY PAINT! It's not even expensive.

Rant over. :o

I think its just a thing Thais have : meaning I am not sure if they have a word for"maintenance" in Thai !! just like no one chnage burned signal lights on their motorbikes or change oil etc.... part of it is rooted in low cash flow the other is no one ever mentionned it to them maybe I am not quite sure

gee had to just plain ignore the familly when i decided to repaint our house LOL no one could see the need for doing it actually or putting new tires on the bikes BEFORE we have flats every 10 kms LOL

their attitude is WHY?? there is air in them LOL but thats part of why we all love thailand isnt it???:D