Problem with our dog vomiting.

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I thought it was some kind of special injection. AFAIK he's only on a antibiotic drip, but they did give him some kind of anti nausea injection when we first took him in.

I was meaning before - even well before - the recent problems.

Dogs are just like humans. They usually vomit because the body is either rejecting the intake, or ridding itself of a toxin (poison).

Try to build a story of your dog. Go back 12 months and try to recall any changes. That includes environmental, diet changes and vet visits.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never fully trust a Thai vet.  I learned this the hardest way.  Get an x-ray for a foreign object in the gut.  In the meantime give him homemade baby food. Roasted veggies whipped with a little fish oil basically.  Makro sells salmon carcasses you can boil down and separate the bones out and he can eat that with the oily broth also.  Make sure you get all the bones out. The fiber and oil will encourage his bowel activity and even if it doesn't go through him it's less traumatic coming back up.  In my dogs case cancer had sealed his gut basically but you can usually feel a large tumor in the gut if you search for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Never fully trust a Thai vet.  I learned this the hardest way.  Get an x-ray for a foreign object in the gut.  In the meantime give him homemade baby food. Roasted veggies whipped with a little fish oil basically.  Makro sells salmon carcasses you can boil down and separate the bones out and he can eat that with the oily broth also.  Make sure you get all the bones out. The fiber and oil will encourage his bowel activity and even if it doesn't go through him it's less traumatic coming back up.  In my dogs case cancer had sealed his gut basically but you can usually feel a large tumor in the gut if you search for it.

He's been xrayed twice, no sign of any tumours or blockages, also no problem with bowel movements. He gets home  cooked meals with veggies and fish oil, basically top shelf diet. He's been a pretty well cared for pooch. Will try the salmon carcases though.

A little odd, the vet instantly starts cutting. and made a complete wrong diagnostic.

He didnt ask about the vomit? If it was not digested food or yellow? Bile fluid can leak out from bile bladder

Didnt examine the poo, ok little hard as the dog is vomiting?!  Is the dog though pooing, peeing? Parasites, worms can be an issue. Not tried first with an anti biotic, as an gastrointestinal infection of the stomach? Not better to have an xray to see if there is a blockage somewhere? 

Did the dog developed an allergy, maybe on gluten?

The dog is roaming outside and find things to eat, with poison. Someone wants to kill your dog?

Does the dog drink more? At least you should take care of that the dog to drink.

Otherwise the dog can dehydrate and you have more problems. 

No im not a doctor, just opened a site on vomiting dogs

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

A little odd, the vet instantly starts cutting. and made a complete wrong diagnostic.

He didnt ask about the vomit? If it was not digested food or yellow? Bile fluid can leak out from bile bladder

Didnt examine the poo, ok little hard as the dog is vomiting?!  Is the dog though pooing, peeing? Parasites, worms can be an issue. Not tried first with an anti biotic, as an gastrointestinal infection of the stomach? Not better to have an xray to see if there is a blockage somewhere? 

Did the dog developed an allergy, maybe on gluten?

The dog is roaming outside and find things to eat, with poison. Someone wants to kill your dog?

Does the dog drink more? At least you should take care of that the dog to drink.

Otherwise the dog can dehydrate and you have more problems. 

No im not a doctor, just opened a site on vomiting dogs

Already said the dog has been xrayed twice, poop and urine tested as well as blood. The dog needed to be neutered because of enlarged prostate.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Got the dog home after 4 days in the vet, given the all clear, gave him some fish and vegetables and 15 minutes later he started to vomit again. Losing faith with this vet rapidly. Bills forctests and drips etc already at around 20,000 baht. Wouldn't mind if they were actually fixing him.

Well you did quite some things already. 

I came up on this video, by a veterinarian and she showed a medicine.

Dont know if the medicine is in Thailand. 

No clue if your dog already had it or not or what kind of other medicines, i saw the dog had antibiotic as well.

She tells to get it in dog with food, thats a little weird, as the dog vomits.

Maybe get it in by holding his head and put it all the way back in throat and rub the throat for swallowing. A common way to get medicine in. And then after an hour or longer? , a little food.

Somewhere in my mind is, a dog can get to vomit when he experienced it once.

Getting nausea and vomits again and again. A mental issue. However cant find a thing about that on line. So im wrong or it is not mentioned anymore.

But maybe you have to rebuilt your dog again and start with just a tiny bite of food.

Wait for half an hour or more and then again.

Maybe you can get your hands on that medicine mentioned in video.