Why IS It That Super-Smart People, Almost INVARIABLY, Turn Out to Be Atheists? Hear it HERE…Straight from the Horse’s Mouth!

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Atre you being deliberately obtuse? Just don't want to answer the question? Are religions all fake or are some real? Which ones?

How can anyone know? 

Most if not everyones minds is easy manipulated, not only religious ones, 

We all believe in something 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

How can anyone know? 

If they can't know, why do religions typically claim theirs is the only true god? Can they all be right? They are all wrong if they can't resolve this question satisfactorily.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hummin said:

How can anyone know? 

Faith and beliefs, do not need proofs, just being convinced someway manipulated or even forced on to people for generations. 

You know the story about the monkeys and the ladder?

I believe this one is  made up, but it gives a good point anyway

https://www.proserveit.com/blog/five-monkeys-experiment-lessons

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Faith and beliefs, do not need proofs, just being convinced someway manipulated or even forced on to people for generations. 

You know the story about the monkeys and the ladder?

I believe this one is  made up, but it gives a good point anyway

https://www.proserveit.com/blog/five-monkeys-experiment-lessons

They have a belief that their religion is the only right one? That is precisely my point. This lack of explanation as to why their own god ois real and the others fake absolutely establishes that no religion has the right to this claim and that they are all fake.

I'm not asking them to prove their religion is real, I'm asking them to explain why the other religions AREN'T real.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If they can't know, why do religions typically claim theirs is the only true god? Can they all be right? They are all wrong if they can't resolve this question satisfactorily.

Takes a bit reading to get a grip about tribe culture and psychologi involved to collect people for common interest, safety and wealth. 

Nato is strong, but ideological issues or differences can brake Nato at one point or make us weaker when Nato continue to grow larger. History shows the future

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They have a belief that their religion is the only right one? That is precisely my point. This lack of explanation as to why their own god ois real and the others fake absolutely establishes that no religion has the right to this claim and that they are all fake.

I'm not asking them to prove their religion is real, I'm asking them to explain why the other religions AREN'T real.

Good luck ????

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's not hard. Either they are all real or none are real. That's the single logical conclusion that can be drawn from this. Stop engaging in word salad.

You always believe you have the truth and you only believe in facts? 

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Many change their minds, like AntonyFlew.

Actually, I think many uneducated people are atheists. 

I think you'll find religions have far more ignorant people. 50% of Americans still believe in angels. Every religion teaches its followers they are the best one.

You cite one name as an example of "many"? Where did you learn statistics?

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You always believe you have the truth and you only believe in facts? 

No, I'm saying I don't have the facts and I'm asking for them. Which religion is real and which are fake? They can't all be real. Which is it?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

Orign of Jews, Christians and Muslim, same family religion, same history. It is just the practice and the different tribes pactice their religion slightly different. 

IMO a religion which instructs its followers to kill all unbelievers is not "slightly different". Read the Koran.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

No, I'm saying I don't have the facts and I'm asking for them. Which religion is real and which are fake? They can't all be real. Which is it?

You asking the ultimate question, and for word salad, I think my points sums up the reality.

Tribes, culture, psychology and politics is common keys for religion.

Just now, Hummin said:

You asking the ultimate question, and for word salad, I think my points sums up the reality.

Tribes, culture, psychology and politics is common keys for religion.

It's a fact that religious leaders claim their religion is real and the only true religion. They must know the "ultimate question". Are they lying when they claim other religions aren't real by implication? It goes against christian theological teachings for more than one god to exist. They (and you) can't address this question in a way that's logical or even cogent. It's a simple philosophical question, how can all religions be real. If that can't be satisfactorily answered then it's safe to conclude that none are. That's the only logical conclusion.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

IMO a religion which instructs its followers to kill all unbelievers is not "slightly different". Read the Koran.

Then you got some reading to do, the 5 books of Hebrew and the Christian old Testament.

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Then you got some reading to do, the 5 books of Hebrew and the Christian old Testament.

Again, you take a 90 degree swerve away from the question. Do those texts explain why their religions are real and other s are false in your opinion? Do they explain that? If so then enlighten us as to which one is the real religion.

I've read the old testament and I can tell you it doesn't explain that. Otherwise I'd know. Do you know?

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's a fact that religious leaders claim their religion is real and the only true religion. They must know the "ultimate question". Are they lying when they claim other religions aren't real by implication? It goes against christian theological teachings for more than one god to exist. They (and you) can't address this question in a way that's logical or even cogent. It's a simple philosophical question, how can all religions be real. If that can't be satisfactorily answered then it's safe to conclude that none are. That's the only logical conclusion.

Some religious leaders I believe are driven by convinced reasons, but at some point being corrupted, not different from politians. 

I believe in the nature of us, we are both spiritual and religious, and some even think we lost the connection at some point. Kicked out of Rhe Garden Edens.

We have strong instincts for survival, and also great imagination, as well easy manipulated, so I really do not find it so strange. What is better motivation when go to war, there is a goid, and a faith to fight for? The good against the bad?

Just now, Hummin said:

Some religious leaders I believe are driven by convinced reasons, but at some point being corrupted, not different from politians. 

I believe in the nature of us, we are both spiritual and religious, and some even think we lost the connection at some point. Kicked out of Rhe Garden Edens.

We have strong instincts for survival, and also great imagination, as well easy manipulated, so I really do not find it so strange. What is better motivation when go to war, there is a goid, and a faith to fight for? The good against the bad?

Which ones?

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Again, you take a 90 degree swerve away from the question. Do those texts explain why their religions are real and other s are false in your opinion? Do they explain that? If so then enlighten us as to which one is the real religion.

Then you do not read what I have been answering! 

Easy answer, tribe control and politics manipulated audience

Just now, Hummin said:

Then you do not read what I have been answering! 

Easy answer, tribe control and politics manipulated audience

You haven't attempted to answer the only question I asked. Which religion is real and are the others false?

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im out, I need to work, you need a coffe. Have a good day ????

The shovel broke? You finally stopped digging that hole? I guess you have just supported the premise of the OP since you can't directly address a simple question..

The fact is that smart people aren't religious because of these logical failings by those who are religious.

Edited by ozimoron

Which of the 12,000 or so gods are we talking about?

If we banned teaching religion until kids became teenagers, religion would disappear in a generation.  The shackles from the imprint of religion on the very young developing brain are very difficult to break free from in adulthood.

I suspect the reason why intelligent people turn away from religion is they look empirically at the complete lack of data.

If we are talking about the Judaeo-Christian god, there is no evidence to support that religion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You haven't attempted to answer the only question I asked. Which religion is real and are the others false?

And I answered? How can anyone know! 

Are you here just to pull a leg? 

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The shovel broke? You finally stopped digging that hole? I guess you have just supported the premise of the OP since you can't directly address a simple question..

The fact is that smart people aren't religious because of these logical failings by those who are religious.

Well, stupid people always claim they are smart, dont they? 

Everything is logicsl, even what seems not logical, and what you seems not to understand is cultural history, and how it is continuing to repeat itself!

If you have a choice to believe in Christianity or Islam, what would you choose? It is that easy, because you will choose what you believe is a lesser evil! 

No need to try to pick a fight with me. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Well, stupid people always claim they are smart

That's because they are stupid,

If they were smart like me they would not claim it, they would outright state it, to anyone that would listen. :tongue: 

Proclaim it to the world with confidence.

I am smart damn it!! And I don't care who knows it. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Show me where  the Talmud instructs Jews to kill Christians and Muslims.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Show me where  the Talmud instructs Jews to kill Christians and Muslims.

As a fact, Islam is the latest of the book religions, so in the nature ,,,,,, there is no instructions of killing Christians or muslims, but there is instructions how to deal with non believers and "unclean"

Im quite sure Islam do not instruct specifict jews or christians as targets either, but their leaders do often in speaches, as well same for other remigions who have enemie.

Muslims believe that God had previously revealed Himself to the earlier prophets of the Jews and Christians, such as Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. Muslims therefore accept the teachings of both the Jewish Torah and the Christian Gospels

https://www.pbs.org/empires/islam/faithpeople.html

The Talmud holds that only Jews are true human beings and Gentiles are “goyim” (meaning cattle or beast). The following are shocking but exact quotes from their various books.

Sanhedrin 59a: “Murdering Goyim is like killing a wild animal.”

Abodah Zara 26b: “Even the best of the Gentiles should be killed.”

Sanhedrin 59a: “A goy (Gentile) who pries into The Law (Talmud) is guilty of death.”

Libbre David 37: “To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly.”

Libbre David 37: “If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he ought to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death.”

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

As a fact, Islam is rhe latest of the book religions of theee, so in the nature ,,,,,, there is no instructions of killing Christians or muslims, but there is instructions how to deal with non believers.

Im quite sure Islam do not instruct specifict jews or christians as targets either, but their leaders do often in speaches, as well same for other remigions who have enemie.

The Talmud holds that only Jews are true human beings and Gentiles are “goyim” (meaning cattle or beast). The following are shocking but exact quotes from their various books.

Sanhedrin 59a: “Murdering Goyim is like killing a wild animal.”

Abodah Zara 26b: “Even the best of the Gentiles should be killed.”

Sanhedrin 59a: “A goy (Gentile) who pries into The Law (Talmud) is guilty of death.”

Libbre David 37: “To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly.”

Libbre David 37: “If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he ought to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death.”

So, there are three deist religions who advocate killing of non-believers. Oscar Schindler got a free pass.

Thanks for confirming religion is a form of mental illness.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Well, stupid people always claim they are smart, dont they? 

Everything is logicsl, even what seems not logical, and what you seems not to understand is cultural history, and how it is continuing to repeat itself!

If you have a choice to believe in Christianity or Islam, what would you choose? It is that easy, because you will choose what you believe is a lesser evil! 

No need to try to pick a fight with me. 

You were the one defending religion. I just asked a question which you repeatedly dodged.