Ayutthaya woman falls victim to online sex video leak

webfact

image.jpeg

In a disgraceful incident, a young man has been accused of blackmailing a woman, identified as A, by releasing a sex video of them having intercourse online. A 33 year old factory worker from the province of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya expressed deep distress over the incident, which caused her immense embarrassment and anxiety.

The episode traces back to the beginning of last month, when A, became acquainted with a man she identified as Jeng, who is approximately 30 years old. Their friendship grew over the LINE app, and soon evolved into a more intimate one. It was during their sexual encounters that Jeng recorded explicit videos, despite A questioning his intention. He promised that the sex video footage was only for personal use, a claim she accepted, thinking that it would remain a private matter.

The situation took a drastic turn on July 18, when the sex video surfaced on Twitter. A was alerted to this exposure by her workplace colleagues who stumbled upon the video online. The video leak showed the full sex encounter between her and Jeng.

She attempt to confront Jeng but he blocked her on Twitter. Despite attempts to reach out and question him about his motives, A was left without answers and heartache.

by Nattapong Westwood  

TOP: A woman complained her sex video was leaked on Twitter (via KhaoSod)
Photo courtesy of KhaoSod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/ayutthaya-woman-falls-victim-to-online-sex-video-leak-calls-on-other-victims-to-fight-back

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Seems with the laws in Thailand it should be easy to get him arrested for posting it online.

Yup. You would think the defamation law would probably cover this.

However, Jeng has done this several times before with other women and so far the police have taken no action against him.

2 hours ago, rwill said:

Seems with the laws in Thailand it should be easy to get him arrested for posting it online.

It would be, in a country that has a functioning police force, which Thailand does not.
Despite the threats, she chose to press charges and filed an official report at Wang Noi Police Station on July 19. However, A complained that the authorities took no action on the sex video leak issue.

We would expect nothing different, would we? Why does Thailand even have a police force. My brother-in-law is a policeman and I asked my wife what he actually does. She had no idea.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It would be, in a country that has a functioning police force, which Thailand does not.
Despite the threats, she chose to press charges and filed an official report at Wang Noi Police Station on July 19. However, A complained that the authorities took no action on the sex video leak issue.

We would expect nothing different, would we? Why does Thailand even have a police force. My brother-in-law is a policeman and I asked my wife what he actually does. She had no idea.

What your wife knows about her brother is not especially relevant. My sister works as a nurse, I don't know what she does in practice but it doesn't mean she doesn't do anything.

As for taking action, we have only the lady's view. Was there an interview with the police station representative? It seems not.

Finally, it's her word against his. She was very naive at the very least. Although another adjective comes to mind.

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

What your wife knows about her brother is not especially relevant. My sister works as a nurse, I don't know what she does in practice but it doesn't mean she doesn't do anything.

I know that Thais are less interested in anything that doesn't directly concern them, but as a Westerner I have been brought up to be interested in other people, especially close relatives and their lives. Which is why you not knowing what your sister does surprises me. Why not ask her - you might learn something and it's good to share her life and what she has to go through. She might even appreciate your interest in what she does.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, poyai111 said:

Fight fire with fire - an eye for an eye etc... She could comment on his inadequacies and his smelly repugnance. Ultimate put down for entitled Thai males. Make him fume allow his mates to ridicule

Sounds like a great way to end up before a judge on a deformation charge.