Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

There are some good earning expat bars around, whatever season.

I agree but the new Myth Night place and Treetown bars are not frequented by expats who live here, they only go where alcohol is reasonably priced.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The fella who refurbished 4 bars in Soi 7  is English not Thai not unless a Thai is fronting him ?

No idea about soi 7 bars but , bars and agogos that survive for ages and are never busy smack of money laundering. If you were making money for this per bar, makes sense to keep opening new ones

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No idea about soi 7 bars but , bars and agogos that survive for ages and are never busy smack of money laundering. If you were making money for this per bar, makes sense to keep opening new ones

There used to be talk of the many Indian restaurants being fronts for money laundering, but they closed during Covid.

What some consider money losing ventures may actually generate profits. Except for weed shops, definitely not making a profit.

Edited by Danderman123

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I can’t see the logic of opening a bar complex at this time of year, ok they might have a good few days for Songkran but that’s only the Expat tourists who will be spending in the bars.

The new Las Vegas Beer Bar Complex (next to Areca Lodge, on Soi Diana) is a few days away from opening. It is covered and will have AC (needed at this time of year)....huge signs there. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The new Las Vegas Beer Bar Complex (next to Areca Lodge, on Soi Diana) is a few days away from opening. It is covered and will have AC (needed at this time of year)....huge signs there. 

I can’t imagine small bottles of beer for much less than 100 baht if air conditioned then, the expats who live here won’t be flocking to it irrespective of the decor either. Any bar business if they want to make a go of it has to price beers accordingly to attract expats if they want all year trade. One on the corner of Soi 19 Soi Bukhao happy hour 50 baht until 6pm, it was empty the other day so even cheap beer doesn’t attract the punters.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Add
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I agree but the new Myth Night place and Treetown bars are not frequented by expats who live here, they only go where alcohol is reasonably priced.

As do some of we more clued up tourists 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

As do some of we more clued up tourists 🤔

The first timers will go for the ‘bright’ lights initially and ones that watch on YouTube.Nick Dean was advertising his bars on signs on the baht buses,  they appear to have been removed, I doubt it attracted any additional customers though.

• Agree 1

Wombat/kiwi bar soi 9 in jomtiem adv on baht buses heaps and its doing very well it seems.

10 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The first timers will go for the ‘bright’ lights initially and ones that watch on YouTube.Nick Dean was advertising his bars on signs on the baht buses,  they appear to have been removed, I doubt it attracted any additional customers though.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:48 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Last couple days Pattaya has emptied out, many tourists gone

Thursday night I thought the place was heaving. Whether they're spending money or just mooching is a different matter.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:28 AM, redwood1 said:

Look at the half azz construction of tree town......The whole place could be bulldozed in one or 2 days......Except for the Beer Hub..

They are designed to be dismantled with an angle grinder in a day. Actual construction cost is very low, and most of the steel tubing can be used again.

• Confused 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:18 AM, jacko45k said:

The partner in this venue has said 800000 BTUs in that place should be a huge electric bill.

On 2/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, redwood1 said:

I think the Beer Hub is backed by very well off Indians with plenty of cash to invest.....

I almost never see any people in there, but the beer is great.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hereforgood said:

The partner in this venue has said 800000 BTUs in that place should be a huge electric bill.

Not surprised a huge shed like construction with a tin roof and open at the front, need to be rammed every night to pay the electricity bill alone.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I don't know the principals involved in the Treetown facility.

He had a bar on the ground floor, called Buzzin Bar, big plans were  afoot, open air bar on the roof etc, they used to do pub crawls twice a week from there. The biggest problem like there was no footfall. I haven’t been down that way for a while, I doubt it will still be operating as he has place on Soi Pothole, Gentleman Club.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Billabong Bar in LK Metro reportedly for sale, 39 million baht.

Take a lot of customers to warrant that price albeit it is usually busy, the last time I was in there one of the ladies approached me, quite a stunner really and said my p**** is open 24 hours a day, straight forward and to the point, I didn’t take her up on it though.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Take a lot of customers to warrant that price albeit it is usually busy, the last time I was in there one of the ladies approached me, quite a stunner really and said my p**** is open 24 hours a day, straight forward and to the point, I didn’t take her up on it though.

Lets say your profit was 45 baht a beer....

39 million baht divided by 45 baht = 866,666 beers you need to sell to break even and this does not include overhead cost...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Lets say your profit was 45 baht a beer....

39 million baht divided by 45 baht = 866,666 beers you need to sell to break even and this does not include overhead cost...

Sheez, think you need to look at some deeper aspects to the income side of the books,  do try asking that dumnassed question of the selling agents!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Billabong Bar in LK Metro reportedly for sale, 39 million baht.

The competition from nearby Las Vegas Beer Bar complex may knock the price down.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Sheez, think you need to look at some deeper aspects to the income side of the books,  do try asking that dumnassed question of the selling agents!! 

Please tell us all about it...

• Sad 1