Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

15 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Take a lot of customers to warrant that price albeit it is usually busy, the last time I was in there one of the ladies approached me, quite a stunner really and said my p**** is open 24 hours a day, straight forward and to the point, I didn’t take her up on it though.

Yea I’m sure she was a stunner 😁

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just saw this ad. Only 750k for a bar in Las Vegas 😀 

https://donedeal.in.th/businesses/1043_lk-metro

is this normal in these places -

Price Model of the menu is same for all bars so the customer is not confused

Along with what appears to be tied distribution (all be it the English phraseology is terrible)

Pre Approved supplier for your drink customers as wholesale competitive prices

39 minutes ago, topt said:

Along with what appears to be tied distribution (all be it the English phraseology is terrible)

Similar to franchisee pubs in England, you are tied to buy the alcohol/products from owner at an inflated price.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Similar to franchisee pubs in England, you are tied to buy the alcohol/products from owner at an inflated price.

Yes I get that but is it normal in other beer bar complexes to not be able to set your own retail prices? My guess is no based on my experience from drinking in them years ago but my memory could be faulty.

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Billabong Bar in LK Metro reportedly for sale, 39 million baht.

Just make a 2 for one Beer Promotion. Pay for two and get one. You will be in the green very fast. Nearly the same as they have now, just a little different, so nobody will notice.....

On 3/12/2024 at 6:41 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

He had a bar on the ground floor, called Buzzin Bar, big plans were  afoot, open air bar on the roof etc, they used to do pub crawls twice a week from there. The biggest problem like there was no footfall. I haven’t been down that way for a while, I doubt it will still be operating as he has place on Soi Pothole, Gentleman Club.

They still do the pub crawls but from the Buzzin' lounge in "Pothole"

16 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

Just make a 2 for one Beer Promotion. Pay for two and get one. You will be in the green very fast. Nearly the same as they have now, just a little different, so nobody will notice.....

To be fair, whilst the promotion in Billabong is ridiculous, it's actually quite fair IF you plan on an even number of drinks!

It works out as "Pay almost the price of 2 beers and get 2 beers" so a small saving.

If you have an odd number of drinks though, it's expensive - THAT'S where they catch the unwary.

Triangle bar ("Pothole") operates a similar system.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, VBF said:

To be fair, whilst the promotion in Billabong is ridiculous, it's actually quite fair IF you plan on an even number of drinks!

It works out as "Pay almost the price of 2 beers and get 2 beers" so a small saving.

If you have an odd number of drinks though, it's expensive - THAT'S where they catch the unwary.

Triangle bar ("Pothole") operates a similar system.

Scooters in Soi Bukhao did at one time as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, topt said:

Not sure this place could be described as normal. Having AC is a big difference for a start. 

On 4/12/2024 at 4:13 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

one of the ladies approached me, quite a stunner really and said my p**** is open 24 hours a day

Whatyourpardon? 

Of course she did. 

• Haha 1

I am constantly amazed on my small visits to Pattaya once every other month how that many bars can survive. Of course I realise many dont. It would be interesting to know what the survival rate is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

I am constantly amazed on my small visits to Pattaya once every other month how that many bars can survive. Of course I realise many dont. It would be interesting to know what the survival rate is.

It’s like revolving a door as soon as a bar closes a new owner moves in rips it to bits and opens again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It’s like revolving a door as soon as a bar closes a new owner moves in rips it to bits and opens again.

Saying in Oz relates to most endevours.... "have a go you mug"!!.   Well at least these folk are doing just that..Good on em! 

58 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It's people chasing a dream...

Think about it like a cafe. You open a cafe in the middle of hundreds of other similar cafe's selling the same latte. How are you going to get customers when they walk by all these other cafe's closer to the main street? You're living on a hope and a prayer.

You sit there making the small place perfect with knick knacks and nice seating. Out of desperation you start sitting in front of your cafe calling to people walking by. You also become hyper customer service oriented. One person comes in and you hover over them like a mother hen, standing right near them while they try to look at the menu. Can't wait for that order. Rush in and rush it to them even with no other customers waiting.

You start to realize that how nice you make your cafe it does not bring in customers if you are not on the corner ahead of all the others closer to the main street where all the daily tourists are passing by, probably never to return.

You also realize that your desperation is actually driving customers away from the shop. They feel like they are obligated to buy something quickly the minute they come in, or even look in from the street.

There is probably a final stage where you start getting angry. You made this place perfect, did everything possible, yet people come in for just a cheap coffee or even try to negotiate the price. The bills keep coming in. You may sneer and act nice. Fake a smile, and other weird stuff that people see right through, that just puts off customers further.

It festers and you start feeling like selling. It's not your fault, it's other people or the location, or cheap foreigners. Decide to sell and make it look like it's doing great for the next person. Can't have them come in on a down note. After all, that spells doom.

Too  true, then there are ones like an Ozzie mate, bought a tiny bar on theDarkside for like 50k,lives above it, little gold mine.! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Too  true, then there are ones like an Ozzie mate, bought a tiny bar on theDarkside for like 50k,lives above it, little gold mine.! 

How long has it been a gold mine for, over a year? No other related problems in the background, booze, women?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

How long has it been a gold mine for, over a year? No other related problems in the background, booze, women?

Since before covid, he went back during that time.. Still there, <deleted>.aint it.!!! lol