Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

One of the quirks of the Pattaya bar biz is that the bar lease must be under the name of a Thai national. This is often the Thai girlfriend of the owner, no idea what happens when they break up, since the Thai lady normally doesn't have the cash liquidity to operate the bar by herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

One of the quirks of the Pattaya bar biz is that the bar lease must be under the name of a Thai national. This is often the Thai girlfriend of the owner, no idea what happens when they break up, since the Thai lady normally doesn't have the cash liquidity to operate the bar by herself.

🤣 Maybe that's why the success rate is so low. I thought it was people going broke, but it could be relationship problems.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In Pattaya? That's odd.

In Bangkok, bar licenses are in the company name as registered at the DBD, and if American, the company can be 100% foreigner owned (The Treaty of Amity). Thus, the license if in the name of the foreigner.

Edited by Walker88

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

In Pattaya? That's odd.

In Bangkok, bar licenses are in the company name as registered at the DBD, and if American, the company can be 100% foreigner owned (The Treaty of Amity). Thus, the license if in the name of the foreigner.

Same as in CM.

Don't see why Patts should be different!

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Now that the peak of High Season has passed, I expect a lot of bars to go on the market.

I am seeing ads for bars that never opened, I guess they were designed to be sold by the owner, never actually operated.

There is a lot of positivity in the air though...... with some sizeable projects. The new Las Vegas Beer Bar Complex on Soi Diana, The old Pig and Whistle building to be developed as a hotel and bar/restaurant. There are a few new places on Soi 7 and Buakhao areas that did get opened for peak season. Nick Dean reports rents are very high, suggesting optimism.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is a lot of positivity in the air though...... with some sizeable projects. The new Las Vegas Beer Bar Complex on Soi Diana, The old Pig and Whistle building to be developed as a hotel and bar/restaurant. There are a few new places on Soi 7 and Buakhao areas that did get opened for peak season. Nick Dean reports rents are very high, suggesting optimism.

Yes lots of positivity but its customers the bars need and currently there are not or never will be enough customers to make some bars profitable, the new complex looks very nice on the way out of Myth Night heading towards Soi Buakhao. Nick Dean must be spending  big money on rent for his 4 bars, is he getting the customers, I never go down that way at night albeit they are empty during the day. Bars on Soi Buakhao are selling small bottles 50/60 baht during happy hour, he once quoted to me bars selling beer at that price shouldn’t be in business ?

I believe the days of beer swilling western tourists is long gone now, Pattaya will still attract the over 50s single men but not in the same numbers as before.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes lots of positivity but its customers the bars need and currently there are not or never will be enough customers to make some bars profitable, the new complex looks very nice on the way out of Myth Night heading towards Soi Buakhao. Nick Dean must be spending  big money on rent for his 4 bars, is he getting the customers, I never go down that way at night albeit they are empty during the day. Bars on Soi Buakhao are selling small bottles 50/60 baht during happy hour, he once quoted to me bars selling beer at that price shouldn’t be in business ?

I believe the days of beer swilling western tourists is long gone now, Pattaya will still attract the over 50s single men but not in the same numbers as before.

Apparently Bar 39 sells beer at 39 baht during happy hours, draft

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, JimTripper said:

🤣 Maybe that's why the success rate is so low. I thought it was people going broke, but it could be relationship problems.

Success rate on bars and restaurants is low everywhere.

Witness Deniro and Grodin in "Midnight Run":

Deniro's character says he wants to retire and open a restaurant.

[Grodin: I have to tell you, a restaurant
is a very tricky investment.
More than half of them go under
within the first six months.
If I were your accountant,
I'd strongly advise you against it.

Deniro: You would?
You're not my accountant.

Grodin: No, if I were your accountant...

Deniro: I told you, I took you out here...

Grodin: No, I'm just saying that
it's a very tricky business...
and if I were your accountant, I would
strongly advise you against it...
as an accountant.

Deniro: You're not my accountant.

Grodin: I realize I'm not your accountant.
I'm saying,
if I were your accountant.]

So if Grodin were your accountant he would strongly advise you against opening a restaurant or bar in Pattaya.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:03 PM, JimTripper said:
On 1/20/2024 at 12:37 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

In fairness Nick Dean said he was going to do away with the ‘casting couch’ where the bar girls get drinks bought for them by online viewers. I have no idea if he ever did as I unsubscribed from the channel but I doubt it as he will get a ‘cut’ of the lady drinks.

i also unsubscribed from Buzzin Trevor as all he does now like many YouTubers is walk endlessly round the sois in Pattaya.

i found both channels very informative during Covid with up to date reports but both are extremely boring struggling for content and probably only entertaining for viewers who don’t live in Pattaya.

That's because there's not much else to show. One guy does apartment tours posing like a prospective renter, sometimes gentlemans clubs. Only thing left of interest to most people are bars and go-go's which you can't really take a tripod and camera into and actively film. The girls don't want to be interviewed.

That leaves just a bunch of street shots and the same old babble, here is lk metro, here is soi pothole, etc. Same stuff hundreds of guys have filmed before.

I agree, and having "dipped in" to both the websites mentioned, subscribe to neither, however for newbies to Pattaya it gives them an idea of the place, as long as they realise that both sites are heavily influenced by the producers' opinions

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VBF said:

I agree, and having "dipped in" to both the websites mentioned, subscribe to neither, however for newbies to Pattaya it gives them an idea of the place, as long as they realise that both sites are heavily influenced by the producers' opinions

Buzzin has 93k subscribers and Nick Dean 35k, I doubt very many of the subscribers ever visit Pattaya, Pattaya would be inundated with people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Buzzin has 93k subscribers and Nick Dean 35k, I doubt very many of the subscribers ever visit Pattaya, Pattaya would be inundated with people. 

Both fabulous YouTubers and I like Geoff Carter too ,all great 👍

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I can’t see why you say fabulous as all they do and have done for years is wander the same sois in Pattaya and visit the same places week in week out, rinse and repeat, they do more repeats than the BBC.

First I like them both as they look fit and both handsome in their mature age 

Secondly they do provide updates but yes your actually right 😁

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

First I like them both as they look fit and both handsome in their mature age 

Secondly they do provide updates but yes your actually right 😁

Updates on what, not much changes in Pattaya apart from entertainment places opening and closing nought else. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

i reckon they do visit, i saw Buzzin on a bar crawl last year, must help to fill the bars for Buzzin, Mr Egg, Nick Dean and maybe Brian flowers nightwish, if it wasn't for YouTube these people would be unknown

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i reckon they do visit, i saw Buzzin on a bar crawl last year, must help to fill the bars for Buzzin, Mr Egg, Nick Dean and maybe Brian flowers nightwish, if it wasn't for YouTube these people would be unknown

Yea but why does Mr Egg only have 18 K subscribers.....He puts out better videos than Buzzin I think..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1