Internet connection

Maybole

4 minutes ago, norbra said:

Win 10 showing Wifi hotspot password

Control panel,network and internet,network and sharing centre.

Right click on hotspot connection,wireless properties,show characters.

Maybe Win 11 is similar 

IMG_20230802_173058.jpg

It’s Windows 7…but yes he needs to go there; not just for the password, but to check that the Security and Encryption type(above the password) also matches with that on the router interface. 

1 hour ago, NextG said:

It’s Windows 7…but yes he needs to go there; not just for the password, but to check that the Security and Encryption type(above the password) also matches with that on the router interface. 

He has a working Win 11 pc

He also mentioned he has a 2nd AP,a hotspot on his phone.

Edited by norbra

1 hour ago, norbra said:

He has a working Win 11 pc

He also mentioned he has a 2nd AP,a hotspot on his phone.

Oh… you are still checking for the password. Remember that he had already confirmed that the password is the right one. Though there is no harm in double-checking. 
It was a useful contribution anyway, as he will need to go to the same place on the Windows 7 PC to check that the Security and Encryption protocols match with the router. 

P.S. It’s not the OP who is using a wireless Hotspot. There is some serious thread hijacking going in ..

Edited by NextG

Just now, NextG said:

Oh… you are still checking for the password. Remember that he had already confirmed that the password is the right one. Though there is no harm in double-checking. 
It was a useful contribution anyway, as he will need to go to the same place on the Windows 7 PC to check that the Security and Encryption protocols match with the router. 

Am I confused? Yeah maybe right one for router but maybe not right for the phone hotspot he has talked about using for the laptop

1 minute ago, norbra said:

Am I confused? Yeah maybe right one for router but maybe not right for the phone hotspot he has talked about using for the laptop

No, the phone hotspot is from someone who hijacked/piggybacked on to this thread. Not helpful. 

On 7/31/2023 at 8:54 PM, Maybole said:

Internet provider: 3BB

Sticker on underside of router shows S/N, MAC Address,IP ( same as you provided above)

User Name admin

Password 1C45

SSID(2.4Ghz)

SSD(5Ghz)

WLAN Key

and Item Code

Second Label, Fiberh0me Telecommunication

GPON ONU (No Idea what this means)

Model No

Power rating

a barcode

GPON SN-FHTT 97231C44

another barcode

MAC:6C-A4-D1-23-1C-44

Most of these are meaningless to me.

When I contacted 3BB's Helpline, The operator told me to enter the WLAN Key.

This had no effect and she promised to get a technician to call me.

When I entered the IP You gave above it brought up a page of info which, I confess meant very little to me.

I do not want to change my log-in password because several other family members are also using the system

The password you have listed and the WLAN key are for two separate functions. It’s actually the WLAN key that you need. But you suggest that has no effect. 
I suggest that you follow norbra’s picture guide to uncover the password being utilised on the PC and then try to connect to the same SSID, on the Windows 7 laptop, that you are using on the Windows 11 PC; using the exact same password that’s being utilised on the Windows 11 PC. 

Edited by NextG