Beer gardens in Bangkok

bignok

Look at the Aree Garden restaurant mall. Def stay in Ari if the weekend market is your focus.

I auditioned the Ari neighborhood for living in. Verdict: heavily over-sold on Youtube in terms of how lively it is, but surprisingly low-scale for how close to the city center it is.

I tried Victory Monument too, the same, only more lively and less low-scale.

18 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Look at the Aree Garden restaurant mall. Def stay in Ari if the weekend market is your focus.

I auditioned the Ari neighborhood for living in. Verdict: heavily over-sold on Youtube in terms of how lively it is, but surprisingly low-scale for how close to the city center it is.

I tried Victory Monument too, the same, only more lively and less low-scale.

Yes will check out Ari area

9 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

To shut down for good end of July. "There is some conjecture as to whether it will close on the last day of the month or on the 29th, which is a Saturday." - ref Stickman

A major loss. I would take white women there for the thrill of talking to hookers who did not appear upon closer examination to be bonded sex slaves.

Always a good night out. With the white women usually paying.

There's a Lao restaurant further down the BTS line that has an old outdoor area. And Lao food, that's basically haute Issan cuisine.

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

sure, near the Saxophone club - right?

Yeah, and the street with the million boat noodles places. I also really liked the area behind the Asia Hotel.

Very muslim. An oldie I met in a pot bar said that muslims keep the rents low. 2 biryani attempts were let-downs, tho.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I spent many an interesting evening in there. It was enough just looking and I never had a takeaway from that place.

Believe it or not back in the '90's and up until maybe 2005 it was a great place to pick up sideline girls (yes it had it's pros/regulars but there were always girls you hadn't seen before and often didn't see again).

Post 2005 people going to the BG couldn't believe how old the women were, on their visit next year they couldn't believe it was still the same "girls" as last year.

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Believe it or not back in the '90's and up until maybe 2005 it was a great place to pick up sideline girls (yes it had it's pros/regulars but there were always girls you hadn't seen before and often didn't see again).

Post 2005 people going to the BG couldn't believe how old the women were, on their visit next year they couldn't believe it was still the same "girls" as last year.

I'll take your word on that. I think I never went back after about that time.

I wasn't up to getting a takeaway as I like to see what I'm getting and it was pretty dark in there ( same as that other well known pick up joint ). Good for a meal and watching the goings on though.

3 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

To shut down for good end of July. "There is some conjecture as to whether it will close on the last day of the month or on the 29th, which is a Saturday." - ref Stickman

What will that old German guy who sits outside every day do?

3 hours ago, LaosLover said:

No Soi 7 Beer Garden mention?

No, you don't have to be a local. All walks of life are welcome.

That place has come and gone. Overpriced beer, I don't think there's even a HH

Sort of place you'll find 45yo++ women. Chat you up like they're 20 and ask the same money. Right after the 200b lady drink ????????

Edited by Seamaster