The chance of Trump winning another term is very real

Social Media

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

In any case, it's obvious now that he's running for president to stay out of prison, not to be of service to the American people. 

It's only obvious to the left, people claiming to be centrists and whatnot. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"In 2016, Trump was worth $3.7 billion, according to Forbes. That dropped to $3.1 billion in 2017 and held there for 2018 and 2019. 

Was that not before the pandemic? In any event, I think the idea that he was using the Presidency to enrich himself is a little suspect. You don't, you think he's hitler, I get it. 

Trump's worth is mainly determined by the value of his assets, which may vary over time for whatever reason.

If I remember well, the initial claim was not that he enriched himself 'in general', which is irrelevant, but that he took advantage of his position to generate revenues for his hotels. This is fact, and is independent from how the value of his assets may have varied over time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully this is true:

Fox News Analyst Pronounces Trump's 2024 Campaign Dead (mediaite.com)

‘He Can’t Win’: Fox News Legal Analyst Andy McCarthy Predicts Trump Will ‘Get Drubbed’ in 2024

A prominent conservative voice is warning Republicans that “Trump Can’t Win” in a new article for National Review.

Andrew McCarthy, National Review contributing editor and Fox News legal analyst,  has come out strongly against Donald Trump‘s chances at the presidency in 2024, writing, “I persist in the conviction that Trump doesn’t have a prayer of being elected president again.”

McCarthy’s reasoning? There’s nothing redeeming about the former president and voters have already made up their minds about him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You do not think CNN fact-checked it?

In any event, I just sent you PM with a way to get through the paywall that placeholder sent me. It works great.

I think CNN reported what Forbes reported, and Forbes reported figures without access to Trump's financial records other than the ones Trump selectively released.  The estimate is based on estimates of the value of Trump's properties and what knowledge Forbes was able to obtain about loans using these properties as collateral. 

I don't think that is the whole picture; in particular I suspect there are undeclared loans and obligations that no one will know about until Trump makes his finances public.  That's what honest politicians do.

I persist in the conviction that Trump doesn’t have a prayer of being elected president again. Democrats have drawn the same conclusion, based on a lot of sensible data — Trump’s past performances (i.e., his 46 percent high-water mark, even as an incumbent, before the stop-the-steal nonsense, the Capitol riot, and the string of indictments and civil complaints), the 2018 midterms, Trump’s costing Republicans control of the Senate in 2020, and the 2022 “red wave” that never happened thanks to Trump-supported candidates.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/trump-cant-win/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candide said:

JUST IN: Grand jury investigating 2020 election interference hands up indictment 

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-2020-election-probe-08-01-23/index.html

Wow, Just read the indictment, Mr Smith pulls no punches, very well done.

Defendant 1 constantly lying, who could imagine

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bendejo said:

He's really winning now!  :clap2:  Even Fox is covering it.

Waiting to hear the names in the gang of six.

I would imagine John Eastman and Andy Biggs would be two of them, 

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I persist in the conviction that Trump doesn’t have a prayer of being elected president again. Democrats have drawn the same conclusion, based on a lot of sensible data — Trump’s past performances (i.e., his 46 percent high-water mark, even as an incumbent, before the stop-the-steal nonsense, the Capitol riot, and the string of indictments and civil complaints), the 2018 midterms, Trump’s costing Republicans control of the Senate in 2020, and the 2022 “red wave” that never happened thanks to Trump-supported candidates.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/trump-cant-win/

I agree

If he could not be re-elected while he was president, Why would he be able now? What has changed since then? 

Of course we all know what has changed. 

Everything that has changed makes it even harder. Though in a way I don't want to see tramp get the Republican nomination because I am tired of listening to his whining voice, and wish he would die. In another way I wish he would get the nomination because it would be entertaining to see the Republicans implode.   

56 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I would imagine John Eastman and Andy Biggs would be two of them, 

There is still an unassumed one (re Miz Maddow, on TV presently) and could not say who, my guess is Bannon, he's the one who has fostered these electoral disruption strategies.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I am all for him . But I wonder what the hysterical lefties who oppose him are really scared of,   What do they think will happen if he wins? I don't remember him being responsible for any global disasters last time he won,  Anyway whatever it is , it's probably the best reason to vote for him

I do give Trump supporters credit for never wandering from hating anyone not a supporter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

I agree

If he could not be re-elected while he was president, Why would he be able now? What has changed since then? 

Of course we all know what has changed. 

Everything that has changed makes it even harder. Though in a way I don't want to see tramp get the Republican nomination because I am tired of listening to his whining voice, and wish he would die. In another way I wish he would get the nomination because it would be entertaining to see the Republicans implode.   

One possibility is that he was not reelected because voting was rigged.  Nobody can say for sure because it is not a public viewable and checkable system.  To say a rigged system cannot exist is wrong.  To say it most likely is not rigged is fair.  Why are voting systems not made public checkable.  Haha.  Yes you all know. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

What absolute nonsense. Of course it's viewable and checked. Please educate yourself before posting.

https://act.represent.us/sign/how-votes-are-counted

Im sorry.  I wasnt aware you could request to see your ballot paper after you voted and to see its status amongst other votes in a clear list that shows each person and who they voted for and how the tally is reached vote bye vote. I do apologize. Im glad its not just left to a small group saying we promise to be fair. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, DeSantis is on record saying he would pardon Trump if he's elected, so it would seem that if Trump were only running to stay out of jail, he would be much better served just backing DeSantis. 

And I think it safe to say a lot of people believe the primary reason Trump is being pursued legally is because he is running.  

14 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Im sorry.  I wasnt aware you could request to see your ballot paper after you voted and to see its status amongst other votes in a clear list that shows each person and who they voted for and how the tally is reached vote bye vote. I do apologize. Im glad its not just left to a small group saying we promise to be fair. 

And why couldn't they whoever "they" are, substitute the ballot someone checked off for a different ballot? The points you are raising are absurd.

• Like 1