The chance of Trump winning another term is very real

Social Media

1 minute ago, Tug said:

I donno ask his wife!…….lmao 

Oops wrong comment ment jingling comment on the pool guy being trumps vote as far as the other post that’s an alternate reality trump has done long lasting damage to the country and the world unfortunately 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

According to genetic theory, 25% of all people have recessive genes.

Which apparently causes you to be a total racist <deleted> and believe anything a conman wearing Depends, makeup and lifts in his shoes says. ????

?

100% of people -- and for that matter all animals -- have recessive genes.

A recessive gene is simply a gene with a trait which must be inherited from both parents to be expressed. For example, blue eyes are recessive in humans.

Did you mean a specific recessive gene?

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

The man is an immature narcissist and massive security risk.  He reveals classified with the enthusiasm of a child saying "I know something you don't know...".  God help the US and the world if he gets back in office.

God might see what he can do. Anything to stop the return of the zombie.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

What you are witnessing is the death of democracy! Regardless of the target, you should be very worried about what is being done to Trump. I know you aren't, so I'll just say. by the looks of it, likeable uncle Joe has as much chance of going to jail as Trump has. 

Or is it that one type of corruption is OK another not depending on your political leanings? 

What is "being done" to Trump has been caused by his own actions and words. In any other democratic country he would have enjoyed a similar  (or worse) fate.

BTW, which "other type of corruption" are you talking about?

Ah, these pesky things called evidence which always get in the way of a good MAGA story.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 8:44 AM, Social Media said:

No one in Trump’s current polling position in the modern era has lost an open presidential primary that didn’t feature an incumbent. He’s pulling in more than 50% of support in the national primary polls, i.e., more than all his competitors combined.

Was anyone  in trump's position ever under several indictments and  probable imprisonment while running for the nomination?

Edited by sirineou

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

What you are witnessing is the death of democracy! Regardless of the target, you should be very worried about what is being done to Trump. I know you aren't, so I'll just say. by the looks of it, likeable uncle Joe has as much chance of going to jail as Trump has. 

Or is it that one type of corruption is OK another not depending on your political leanings? 

What is being done to Trump?  You mean subjecting him to the same laws everyone else is subject to is somehow bad for democracy?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, heybruce said:

"As I understand it'''

Please share with us the credible, independently audited accounts of Trump's net worth that led you to this understanding.

"In 2016, Trump was worth $3.7 billion, according to Forbes. That dropped to $3.1 billion in 2017 and held there for 2018 and 2019. But this year Trump’s net worth dropped to $2.5 billion." 

Donald Trump is a lot less rich today than when he was elected president | CNN Politics

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"In 2016, Trump was worth $3.7 billion, according to Forbes. That dropped to $3.1 billion in 2017 and held there for 2018 and 2019. But this year Trump’s net worth dropped to $2.5 billion." 

Donald Trump is a lot less rich today than when he was elected president | CNN Politics

A paywall keeps me from learning how Forbes came up with that estimate, but I assume it involved a lot of guesswork.  Trump has never released a credible, independently audited account of his assets.

16 minutes ago, heybruce said:

A paywall keeps me from learning how Forbes came up with that estimate, but I assume it involved a lot of guesswork.  Trump has never released a credible, independently audited account of his assets.

You do not think CNN fact-checked it?

In any event, I just sent you PM with a way to get through the paywall that placeholder sent me. It works great. 

20 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Another cut-and-paster then? 

I don't blame him for wanting to stay in his own properties. As I understand it, his properties were much more popular before he was elected than after, and his net worth is significantly lower now, than it was prior to his election. 

Now if Trump was heavily invested in the hotel and resort business, then he, along with everyone else, would have taken a tremendous hit from a worldwide pandemic. Oh wait a minute...

What is truly odd is that Trump stopped travel between Europe and the USA 40 days after he did the same for China. Except, oddly enough, the UK and Ireland. where, unlike the rest of Europe, he has some resorts. He waited another 4 days to do that. Hmmm...

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Sure but did not get elected and even if he had I am not sure he would have been confirmed, especially someone convicted for violations of the espionage act.  .

I know that prisoners lose their right to vote . so That's one vote he will not get LOL , also prisoners  lose some first amendment rights. and their right to privacy, which would impact clasified meeting, And right to travel . so I guess he would not be meeting with Kim Jong Un. for 10 to 30  LOL 

Then there is his secret service protection issues. 

In addition  even if people were stupid enough to vote for him in numbers large enough to win, It would not be a manageable situation and it would impact on his ability to perform his duties. 

So we have that pesky Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 : "In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President ."..

But he could not be elected last election even though he had the power of the presidency behind him , I cant believe that he would now be elected from prison.

Some americans might be stupid enough to vote for him, but I am sure many more than last time at the very list suffer from trump fatigue, and would even suffer a lot more as this soap opera runs its course.

It certainly would be interesting:smile:

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Sure but did not get elected and even if he had I am not sure he would have been confirmed, especially someone convicted for violations of the espionage act.  .

I know that prisoners lose their right to vote . so That's one vote he will not get LOL , also prisoners  lose some first amendment rights. and their right to privacy, which would impact clasified meeting, And right to travel . so I guess he would not be meeting with Kim Jong Un. for 10 to 30  LOL 

Then there is his secret service protection issues. 

In addition  even if people were stupid enough to vote for him in numbers large enough to win, It would not be a manageable situation and it would impact on his ability to perform his duties. 

So we have that pesky Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 : "In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President ."..

But he could not be elected last election even though he had the power of the presidency behind him , I cant believe that he would now be elected from prison.

Some americans might be stupid enough to vote for him, but I am sure many more than last time at the very list suffer from trump fatigue, and would even suffer a lot more as this soap opera runs its course.

It certainly would be interesting:smile:

Ohh wait..

Of course he could if his first act as president is to pardon himself ???? sure is fun thinking about this.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

From your source:

"Why the dip in Trump’s fortune? The coronavirus pandemic. “The value of office buildings, hotels and resorts have taken a hit amid the pandemic,” reads the Forbes release on Trump’s wealth."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

From your source:

"Why the dip in Trump’s fortune? The coronavirus pandemic. “The value of office buildings, hotels and resorts have taken a hit amid the pandemic,” reads the Forbes release on Trump’s wealth."

I thought it was legal fees. Oh, wait. His donors are paying them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

From your source:

"In 2016, Trump was worth $3.7 billion, according to Forbes. That dropped to $3.1 billion in 2017 and held there for 2018 and 2019. 

Was that not before the pandemic? In any event, I think the idea that he was using the Presidency to enrich himself is a little suspect. You don't, you think he's hitler, I get it. 

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"In 2016, Trump was worth $3.7 billion, according to Forbes. That dropped to $3.1 billion in 2017 and held there for 2018 and 2019. 

Was that not before the pandemic? In any event, I think the idea that he was using the Presidency to enrich himself is a little suspect. You don't, you think he's hitler, I get it. 

In any case, it's obvious now that he's running for president to stay out of prison, not to be of service to the American people. 

• Thanks 1