The chance of Trump winning another term is very real

Social Media

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Well, DeSantis is on record saying he would pardon Trump if he's elected, so it would seem that if Trump were only running to stay out of jail, he would be much better served just backing DeSantis. 

And I think it safe to say a lot of people believe the primary reason Trump is being pursued legally is because he is running.  

Those people would be wrong.. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And why couldn't they whoever "they" are, substitute the ballot someone checked off for a different ballot? The points you are raising are absurd.

Yes, if I cant see my vote accounted for on a list with the total votes amongst all other voters votes then I would never know. 

I think a good way for everyone to understand is sit in a room of 20 people.  Run a fair and checkable by everyone vote that you think is correct.  Then ask everyone if they are happy everyone got their vote counted and its recorded correctly with no doubt or reliance on trust. . You will soon reason through which methods are checkable by all and which are not. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Well, DeSantis is on record saying he would pardon Trump if he's elected, so it would seem that if Trump were only running to stay out of jail, he would be much better served just backing DeSantis

Maybe he believes he has a better chance of winning than does Desantis?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Maybe, but I think a Trump backed DeSantis would be pretty tough to beat. 

You fail to account for the incredibly strong negatives that Trump has in a general election. So you're suggesting infecting DeSantis with that. If Trump is convicted, a strong majority would not want that traitor pardoned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have anything recent (besides an opinion piece) that supports your "incredibly strong negatives" comment? 

I doubt very much there is a "strong majority" that thinks him a traitor. I would guess it would be the same strong majority that supports gender-resignment for children. 

As usual you disingenuously distort what I said.

Doubt away, snookums.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As usual you disingenuously distort what I said.

Doubt away, snookums.

How did I distort what you said? You said: "If Trump is convicted, a strong majority would not want that traitor pardoned."

I said: "I doubt very much there is a "strong majority" that thinks him a traitor."

To be clear, If I thought he was a traitor, I would like to see him executed. If he is convicted, from what I've seen, I would like to see him pardoned. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How did I distort what you said? You said: "If Trump is convicted, a strong majority would not want that traitor pardoned."

I said: "I doubt very much there is a "strong majority" that thinks him a traitor."

To be clear, If I thought he was a traitor, I would like to see him executed. If he is convicted, from what I've seen, I would like to see him pardoned. 

I'm not going to take on the task of improving your reading comprehension. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, Jingthing said:

You fail to account for the incredibly strong negatives that Trump has in a general election. So you're suggesting infecting DeSantis with that. If Trump is convicted, a strong majority would not want that traitor pardoned. 

How is Trump a traitor? 

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2023 at 8:34 AM, heybruce said:

I think it would be the strong majority that voted against Trump in 2020, and had the wisdom of their choice confirmed on January 6.

"The wisdom of their choice" 555

Look at who the current President is! 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Yea it’s been horrible with inflation going down and lower drug prices for seniors oh please don’t talk about That gasp horrible infrastructure then the hell of domestically manufactured computer chips nooooo then there’s that nasty low unemployment and the misery of higher wages oh please could it be worse you say ?oh yes the horrible failures of the Biden administration renewing nato standing tall for sovereignty and democracy strengthening our alliances yup our CURRENT president did that so yes I KNOW we made the correct choice 

Yes, Biden is a good president, but he could be a bad president and still be much much better than Mr. Trump. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I guess the state of the economy and stirring up a war don't count! 

With the exception of inflation, which is coming down rapidly, the economy is as good or better than under Trump.  Putin started the war and Biden responded brilliantly.

• Like 2

The point here is that the Dems will vote for any candidate because they know they won't fill the swamp with sycophants, surrender Ukraine to Putin, treat the job as their own business empire and sell foreign policy to the highest bidder. Not will they employ their own kids in highly paid government jobs where they can use their position to enrich themselves further. The Republicans only have Trump. The party is so gutted that only spineless cowards are left, hoping that Trump goes down but too afraid to say so.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That won't fly round these parts. The economy is good and most of us don't like Russia right now. Some wars need to be defended, this is one of them.

Yeah the same isolationist fascist "America First" types were against U.S. involvement in WW2. Many were openly supportive of Hitler the same way many of these Magadonian types are supportive of Putin. 

Thankfully, such anti American, anti democracy traitors aren't the majority.

But the tragic part is that Putin or whoever replaces him is set on keeping up their genocidal war until the 2024 U.S. election because they know if Trump or a similar maga type wins, support for Ukraine will dry up. 

America First Committee - Wikipedia

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1