The chance of Trump winning another term is very real

Social Media

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It was not his fault. But, his tepid response and his typical denial likely delayed a full scale federal response and increased the fatality rate. So, you could say he has alot of blood on his hands. 

In Jan 22nd. 

"We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine," he said.

On March 11th: 

During an Oval Office address, Trump said that for "the vast majority of Americans, the risk is very, very low" — though he did warn that the "elderly population must be very, very careful."

In May 19th:

"When we have a lot of cases, I don't look at that as a bad thing," the president said. "I look at that in a certain respect as being a good thing, because it means our testing is much better. So, if we were testing a million people instead of 14 million people, we would have far few cases, right?

In Sept. 21st:

During a campaign speech in Swanton, Ohio, Trump claimed without evidence that the coronavirus "affects virtually nobody," downplaying the risk of the extent of the pandemic and the danger that it poses to individuals.

In that campaign speech, he suggested that the virus is dangerous only to older people with heart problems and preexisting conditions, sentiments that go against the guidance of most public health experts.

"It affects elderly people, elderly people with heart problems, if they have other problems, that's what it really affects, that's it. In some states thousands of people — nobody young — below the age of 18, like nobody — they have a strong immune system — who knows?" Trump said.

"Take your hat off to the young because they have a hell of an immune system. It affects virtually nobody," he added. "It's an amazing thing — by the way, open your schools!"

I don't think any government got the handling of this outbreak right but to assign blood to the hands of Trump is ridiculous. If you look at your selection, what he said was pretty much accurate at those times, if the word 'risk' is taken in the context of fatality. Initially, I'm sure Trump (and other leaders) would have been given advice to try to avoid any panic.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Again, and I know how complex this must seem, but if I have no idea what claims someone is trying to support, how can I tell if the link they provide supports it? 

How can you tell it doesn't? On what rational basis did you come up with this nasty piece of baiting "So you don't know, that's what I thought.: 

image.png.f44398f5416ed1ef12ed3b1af47f21fd.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

You mean Biden's DOJ. With what seem like spurious claims of wrong doing. They will have a hard time proving any of those charges, regardless of what they say.

Even strong supporters from the legal profession like Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz think Trump is in deep legal trouble. Maybe you should advise them on exactly what they've got wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I don't think any government got the handling of this outbreak right but to assign blood to the hands of Trump is ridiculous. If you look at your selection, what he said was pretty much accurate at those times, if the word 'risk' is taken in the context of fatality. Initially, I'm sure Trump (and other leaders) would have been given advice to try to avoid any panic.

He predicted that the pandemic would be over by Easter of 2020. Among other things.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

If you are from the UK and want Trump to win you're more foolish than the Americans voting for him.

His "Make America Great Again" was supposed to be a concerted effort to put the US first above everything, including key allies such as the UK. In reality it turned out to be a "Try To Make Donald Great Just Once" presidency that ended in utter disgrace and an attempted coup. There will be nothing for the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) in a 2nd Donald term. The UK has been vulnerable since the ridiculous decision to leave the EU. Trump will make that worse (IMHO).

The UK would get a lot more from Trump than from Biden, to be sure, to be sure. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

How can you tell it doesn't? On what rational basis did you come up with this nasty piece of baiting "So you don't know, that's what I thought.: 

image.png.f44398f5416ed1ef12ed3b1af47f21fd.png

Are you baiting me now or is this really that complex to you? I never said the link(s) did not support the facts. I did not (and still do not) know what facts the link was supposed to support. I did not and do not know what point Brian was trying to make. 

Again, if I have no Idea what facts someone is trying to support, how am I supposed to know if the link supports the facts? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Are you baiting me now or is this really that complex to you? I never said the link(s) did not support the facts. I did not (and still do not) know what facts the link was supposed to support. I did not and do not know what point Brian was trying to make. 

Again, if I have no Idea what facts someone is trying to support, how am I supposed to know if the link supports the facts? 

Right, You  didn't know. So how does that justify this conclusion: So you don't know, that's what I thought.: 

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not sure I qualify as a magadonian, but I do not think that Trump is above (or anyone) is above the law. But I do think that calling the January 6th protest/riot an insurrection is ridiculous. 

You and others on the left don't. You guys think a bunch of morons with sticks and bottles were attempting to overthrow the government. 

Not sure I qualify as a magadonian, but I do not think that Trump is above (or anyone) is above the law. But I do think that calling the January 6th protest/riot an insurrection is ridiculous. 

You and others on the left don't. You guys think a bunch of morons with sticks and bottles were attempting to overthrow the government. 

They certainly thought they were, let us not forget people died and were injured in this 'harmless' riot. The real danger was the polarization and hatred that this brought about, doubt from the magas about an unbiased justice system, doubt from America's allies about the stability of Americas political system, ridicule even, America's reputation dropped to the level of a banana republic. Trump is undoubtedly the most decisive, and ignorant president America has ever had, in any European country he would have retired in shame.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Even strong supporters from the legal profession like Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz think Trump is in deep legal trouble. Maybe you should advise them on exactly what they've got wrong.

Seeing how Trump is enraged and how he is imploring the Republicans to "do something", I guess he's also aware he is in deep trouble. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

He predicted that the pandemic would be over by Easter of 2020. Among other things.

And Biden predicted the July 4th, yes? 

Like Jane Fonda said, Covid was God's gift to the left. 

Jane Fonda says coronavirus is 'God's gift to the left' because it could help Biden defeat Trump | Fox News

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

They certainly thought they were, let us not forget people died and were injured in this 'harmless' riot. The real danger was the polarization and hatred that this brought about, doubt from the magas about an unbiased justice system, doubt from America's allies about the stability of Americas political system, ridicule even, America's reputation dropped to the level of a banana republic. Trump is undoubtedly the most decisive, and ignorant president America has ever had, in any European country he would have retired in shame.

This is hilarious. 

Who died in riot? One woman veteran shot by a guard while claiming though a window? 

I remember the polarization and hatred starting long before January 6th, or even Trump for that matter. 

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Looks like Joe might be about to challenge for that decisive and ignorant crown.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Right, You  didn't know. So how does that justify this conclusion: So you don't know, that's what I thought.: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

No, he is just too old for the job in my opinion but he isn't a rapist, a thief, a conman or a traitor.

Indeed. It would be foolish for the Dems to have him run for a 2nd term, against Trump or not.

This is hilarious. 

Who died in riot? One woman veteran shot by a guard while claiming though a window? 

I remember the polarization and hatred starting long before January 6th, or even Trump for that matter. 

Five people died either shortly before, during, or following the event: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes. Many people were injured, including 138 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack died by suicide within seven months.

59 minutes ago, candide said:

You mean spurious claims such as Trump asking to find him 11,000 votes? Or refusiing to give back Presidential records, hiding them and lying about it, and thus obstructing justice? Just to name two.

All these claims have to be proven. Innocent until proven guilty. Or has American law changed, guilty till proven innocent? 

Just now, nauseus said:

Yeah, well, hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Trump was being warned left right and center by experts everywhere. He listened to the snake oil salesmen and pushed ivermectin. "15 cases going to nothing:". "Gone before easter". And all the qanon cultists telling the red states that vaccines don't work and that covid was a chinese hoax.

• Like 1